Is There any way Mekhi Becton is With Jets in 2024?

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

😂 You’ve got to kidding here, right?

There’s no way the Jets would offer their starting LT a 1 year $5 mil prove it deal, that’s ridiculous.
If they have any intention of keeping him, they’ll offer him at least double that… or they will just move on from Becton.

Say what you will about Joe Douglas, he’s a professional. He’s not going to insult a player or his agent with an offer like that.

If you read what I said it would make sense lol

1 hour ago, rex-n-effect said:

I don't blame him for this. At the time Becton had two years of injury and didn't seem terribly invested in his career. If he remained injured or played like ass, the team would still be on the hook to pay him the $13mm fifth year. That's a lot of money on the line for potentially nothing at all.

Let’s revisit this after FA period to see how much they spend

He’s got the size and physical talent to be a really good tackle.  It’s all between the ears with him.  I’m guessing the jets will make him an offer but it will be a prove it type of offer and easy to get out of.  He might get more from others and leave.

Becton is going to get the same treatment Huff is going to get.

I think the team is going to let them hit the market to find out their worth and then make a decision.

If the market says he’s worth sub average pay, the Jets could re-sign him short term.

If Fashanu falls to them, a line that looks like this isn’t so terrible.

Fashanu
Tomlinson or FA if cut
Tippy
Vera Tucker
Becton