Ben Johnson, Lions OC

He's an Amazing OC, and it's no fault of his that his HC had a CTE attack in the middle of the game.....

IDK if or how it translates to being a great HC in his own right, but for hiring purposes excelling as a coordinator seems to be a pre-requisite.....he's earned the right to be hired away by a team.....

• Upvote 1

Looks like the Detroit DC Aaron Glenn won't get a HC job this year.

He'll be available for Woody next year, to continue his rookie HC from the defensive side of the ball tradition.

I actually like Glenn a lot - he was a great player for us and is a very good coach - but it would be tough to accept another defensive rookie head coach.

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

He'll be available for Woody next year, to continue his rookie HC from the defensive side of the ball tradition.

I actually like Glenn a lot - he was a great player for us and is a very good coach - but it would be tough to accept another defensive rookie head coach.

I loved him as a player, but I don’t get the coaching hype around him. 

the lions pass defense sucks 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

He's an Amazing OC, and it's no fault of his that his HC had a CTE attack in the middle of the game.....

IDK if or how it translates to being a great HC in his own right, but for hiring purposes excelling as a coordinator seems to be a pre-requisite.....he's earned the right to be hired away by a team.....

There's ALWAYS up and coming new coordinators that are "different from the rest."

But Ben Johnson actually is. That dude is one of the better coordinators I've seen in a long time....maybe since Kyle Shanahan.

I hope that translates into a good head coach and I'll root for him when he's not facing the Jets.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I loved him as a player, but I don’t get the coaching hype around him. 

the lions pass defense sucks 

I think he's done a good job in Detroit.  Their D plays tough, although their pass-D is not very good. Tough to know how much of that to pin on Glenn, as the Detroit CBs are pretty crappy. Would be interesting to see what kind of D he could put out there with quality players at CB.

22 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Felt horrible for him 2nd half. Just needed one stop.😩 He is a good coach.

• Upvote 1