Odell Beckham Jr. ends up earning $16 million for one year with the Ravens

Ouch. That’s a lot of money for such little production.

Published January 29, 2024 08:57 PM

Before the season, receiver Odell Beckham Jr. signed a one-year, $15 million deal with the Ravens. The deal included up to $3 million in incentives.

With 35 catches for 565 yards and three touchdowns, Beckham earned $1 million of those incentives.

Here’s the full formula. He got $250,000 for catching at least 30 passes. He got another $500,000 yards for gaining at least 500 yards. And he got another $250,000 for scoring three touchdowns.

So that’s $16 million. For 35 catches, 565 yards, and three touchdowns.

While the top of the market is $30 million (sort of) at receiver, $16 million seems like a lot, in exchange for the production. And it’s hard to imagine Beckham, who can still play but clearly not like he used to, getting that much again in 2024.

• Ugh 1

But that awesome TD catch he made during the playoffs is worth all 16 million dollars. Actual production means nothing when you look at it from the JN perspective. Jets should have paid this ELITE player

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Hex said:

But that awesome TD catch he made during the playoffs is worth all 16 million dollars. Actual production means nothing when you look at it from the JN perspective. Jets should have paid this ELITE player

I think he's a free agent and we still need a WR2!!!

11 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Ouch. That’s a lot of money for such little production.

Published January 29, 2024 08:57 PM

Before the season, receiver Odell Beckham Jr. signed a one-year, $15 million deal with the Ravens. The deal included up to $3 million in incentives.

With 35 catches for 565 yards and three touchdowns, Beckham earned $1 million of those incentives.

Here’s the full formula. He got $250,000 for catching at least 30 passes. He got another $500,000 yards for gaining at least 500 yards. And he got another $250,000 for scoring three touchdowns.

So that’s $16 million. For 35 catches, 565 yards, and three touchdowns.

While the top of the market is $30 million (sort of) at receiver, $16 million seems like a lot, in exchange for the production. And it’s hard to imagine Beckham, who can still play but clearly not like he used to, getting that much again in 2024.

He also chose a team where WRers don’t compile huge stats. He elected for the money now vs re-establishing himself for 2024. I suppose there was a chance he could have accomplished both in Baltimore, but it wasn’t likely. I believe Lamar has only had 1 1000 yard WR in his entire career. To me, he still passes the eye ball test. He isn’t a top 5 guy anymore but I think he is still a very good number two. We saw it when he went to LA. The ravens had to over pay for a weapon they couldn’t utilize.