It’s as Bad as We Thought Behind the Front Door

If this article is true or even mostly true the part I found strange was how saleh needed to get permission from woody to use younger players and pull guys like Lazard and uzomah.  There was quite a bit of criticism of Hackett and his not paying attention to details.  This is also on saleh.  Did he explicitly delineate what Hackett job is?  Sounds like Hackett delegated the oline to carter and someone else for the other positions. Instead of being the wise voice in the room Hackett apparently bought into salehs frat boy coaching staff.  Hopefully it’ll work out better with Rodgers at qb.  The last point is about Zach.  Saleh obviously lost faith in the guy and benched him for the rest of the season.  He probably even told Zach he wasn’t going to be qb again for the jets.  Given the state of the oline and the way saleh benched him I don’t blame him for preferring to sit it out.  It may be selfish but the nfl is a dog eat dog place and teams have no compunction about casting players adrift if they’re injured or too old and so on.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, rangerous said:

If this article is true or even mostly true the part I found strange was how saleh needed to get permission from woody to use younger players and pull guys like Lazard and uzomah.  There was quite a bit of criticism of Hackett and his not paying attention to details.  This is also on saleh.  Did he explicitly delineate what Hackett job is?  Sounds like Hackett delegated the oline to carter and someone else for the other positions. Instead of being the wise voice in the room Hackett apparently bought into salehs frat boy coaching staff.  Hopefully it’ll work out better with Rodgers at qb.  The last point is about Zach.  Saleh obviously lost faith in the guy and benched him for the rest of the season.  He probably even told Zach he wasn’t going to be qb again for the jets.  Given the state of the oline and the way saleh benched him I don’t blame him for preferring to sit it out.  It may be selfish but the nfl is a dog eat dog place and teams have no compunction about casting players adrift if they’re injured or too old and so on.

You touched on something here that should have been obvious to everyone from Week 1 with that whole cut block thing that they shelved immediately after the first drive. Can there be a bigger disconnect on an offensive coaching staff? This offense never had a chance under these idiots.

• Upvote 2

a bit skeptical

Wasn't Russini the one that sparred with Rodgers about the whole list of players in order for the trade to happen?

I think there were 1 or two other statements she made which I think Rodgers challenged her on directly.

Maybe some of this is true or maybe not. Once I saw her name attached it does set off caution. 

41 minutes ago, Trotter said:

a bit skeptical

Wasn't Russini the one that sparred with Rodgers about the whole list of players in order for the trade to happen?

I think there were 1 or two other statements she made which I think Rodgers challenged her on directly.

Maybe some of this is true or maybe not. Once I saw her name attached it does set off caution. 

While it should always be questioned and who knows if the sources have their own agenda or not (I feel stronger efforts on attribution should be made to make anonymous sources slightly less anonymous) .. Rodgers challenges a lot of stuff that makes his own statements questionable.

It's also not the only report of Rodgers causing chaos. There was the article from Ben Solak on Rodgers in Green Bay. So yes, maybe Rodgers and the Jets staff are being persecuted, but there's been a lot of stuff that can be directly observed from statements made by Rodgers, Saleh, Hackett and others that certainly bring up questions about the competence of everyone involved.

Personally, it seems to be that the leaks from the Jets were actually realtively low until Rodgers. Now it seems to be rampant while he's out there talking about hunting the leakers down.

I don't believe any of this sh*t.

Saleh has been frustrating, to say the least. JD has wildly ****ed up in many ways building this roster correctly. Woody is a ****in moron. Hackett is dogsh*t as an OC. All of that is 100% true.

This article is a hit piece by Russini after numerous times of her being completely wrong and publicly outed by guys like Rodgers and others. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

While it should always be questioned and who knows if the sources have their own agenda or not (I feel stronger efforts on attribution should be made to make anonymous sources slightly less anonymous) .. Rodgers challenges a lot of stuff that makes his own statements questionable.

It's also not the only report of Rodgers causing chaos. There was the article from Ben Solak on Rodgers in Green Bay. So yes, maybe Rodgers and the Jets staff are being persecuted, but there's been a lot of stuff that can be directly observed from statements made by Rodgers, Saleh, Hackett and others that certainly bring up questions about the competence of everyone involved.

Personally, it seems to be that the leaks from the Jets were actually realtively low until Rodgers. Now it seems to be rampant while he's out there talking about hunting the leakers down.

Former NFL QB's can become NFL broadcasters or hunt leaks.  Rodgers has chosen to go big game hunting.

• Haha 1

Things ppl saying about Hackett (all pay, no work) and other stuff is probably true AND the reason he worked so well with Rodgers in GB. Basically, a hands-off OC who let Rodgers run/call the offense.

What worked well for one QB apparently doesn't always work well for the next QB.

Prolly shoulda hired two OCs...one for Rodgers, and a "REAL" one in case ZW has to take over.

3 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Things ppl saying about Hackett (all pay, no work) and other stuff is probably true AND the reason he worked so well with Rodgers in GB. Basically, a hands-off OC who let Rodgers run/call the offense.

What worked well for one QB apparently doesn't always work well for the next QB.

Prolly shoulda hired two OCs...one for Rodgers, and a "REAL" one in case ZW has to take over.

I would have hired 4 or 5 of them for Zach.

• Haha 1