Bowers downfield highlights plus a couple handoffs

If the draft falls a certain way it could choice of 4th tackle vs Bowers vs best defensive player in the draft. I know what our loser HC will want to do.

In terms of Bowers we really need to know the important questions like:

"is he quicker than fast"

"is he a height weight speed guy"

"is he a waist bender"

"is he a unicorn"

"is he a willing blocker"

etc...

Actually if Bowers was considered a slot only WR would he be the 4th rated WR?

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Winning has nothing to do with anything. You have yet to bring up something that proves why he’s a better pick than a wr. 

Ask Andy Reid why it’s kinda cool to have a good tight end even if you have ugazz at receiver . You keep taking about football like it’s five on five two hand touch with a giver.

Ask the Niners how valuable Kittle is. Or the Lions with one good receiver. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Ask Andy Reid why it’s kinda cool to have a good tight end even if you have ugazz at receiver . You keep taking about football like it’s five on five two hand touch with a giver.

Ask the Niners how valuable Kittle is. Or the Lions with one good receiver. 

You know there’s a way to prove how valuable a team thinks of a player right? It’s called salary. 

Kittle is paid 8 mil aav less than Deebo. He will also be paid less than Ayuik if they can sign him. 

this makes drafting a WR that much more valuable to have on a rookie deal 

yet again you dodge answering any questions. This is because you have no answers 

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

The Bowers conversation is like beating a dead horse at this point.  Most folks are pretty dug in on whether or not they want him.

But as one recurring narrative I've seen this week seems to be "he can't work down the field and relied on the screen game"

Because not everyone has the time to sit down and watch hours upon hours of college football, I put together his downfield targets and a few carries out of the backfield as well.

Nice job here Glenn. So many contested catches down the field. Good to see.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

You know there’s a way to prove how valuable a team thinks of a player right? It’s called salary. 

Kittle is paid 8 mill aav less than Deebo. He will also be paid less than Ayuik if they can sign him. 

If you’re drafting a guy that will change your offense like Bowers would then what does the salary savings matter? 

The reason that TEs get paid less is because there are less good ones to reset the market with each successive contract. Most are just serviceable. 

Christian McCafferys salary is 16 mil per year 

Jerry Jeudy makes 17.5

Whos more valuable?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If you’re drafting a guy that will change your offense like Bowers would then what does the salary savings matter? 

The reason that TEs get paid less is because there are less good ones to reset the market with each successive contract. Most are just serviceable. 

No. The reason they are paid less is because they have less VALUE. what they are paid = their value.

The difference between a serviceable TE and a great one is not that far off. The best TEs get 1k yards and 6 tds (Kittle). 

the best WRs get 1750 yards and 13tds (Hill). That’s almost twice the production. Do you see how this is more VALUABLE? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

No. The reason they are paid less is because they have less VALUE. what they are paid = their value.

The difference between a serviceable TE and a great one is not that far off. The best TEs get 1k yards and 6 tds (Kittle). 

the best WRs get 1750 yards and 13tds (Hill). Do you see how this is more VALUABLE? 

You keep talking about receiving yards like that’s the be all and end all.

I said I no talk to you no more I’m tired

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You keep talking about receiving yards like that’s the be all and end all.

I said I no talk to you no more I’m tired

Ok I guess you’re right about the I win thing. Cya 

• More Ugh 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Go talk to Andy Reid about how valuable Travis Kelce is so he can laugh in your ******* face

Didn’t we go over this already? Kelce value is 14 mil. This matches his 1k yards 5td production. 

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

How ******* stupid

It’s this hard for to you accept the facts huh? Everything is pointing in my direction. You have nothing to back up your stance.

Responses like this are a clear sign of defeat.

Just go to bed and try to wake up as a better person than the day before. Maybe in a year or so you’ll be strong enough to admit when you are wrong 

4 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

It’s this hard for to you accept the facts huh? Everything is pointing in my direction. You have nothing to back up your stance.

Responses like this are a clear sign of defeat.

Just go to bed and try to wake up as a better person than the day before. Maybe in a year or so you’ll be strong enough to admit when you are wrong 

By your logic you’d rather have Jerry Jeudy on your team than Christian McCaffery because hE mAkEs mORe mOnEyS

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

By your logic you’d rather have Jerry Jeudy on your team than Christian McCaffery because hE mAkEs mORe mOnEyS

There are of course nuances to this as there are with everything. Jeudy was overpaid based on his production. Teams do slip up sometimes and do stupid things. 

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

There are of course nuances to this as there are with everything. Jeudy was overpaid based on his production. Teams do slip up sometimes and do stupid things. 

No, he’s paid the way he is because of all the previous WRs getting shiny new contracts.

No matter how good a tight end is, there are so few great ones that the franchise tag number will stay low so they either sign a cheaper contract or kick rocks and get tagged.

Look on the bright side. We draft Bowers and have a game changing offensive piece that we still can get away with on the cheap so we can resign Garrett Wilson to whatever freaking number he’s gonna wind up getting and not worry about spending 60 mil per on Odunze and him or losing one of them or someone else.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No, he’s paid the way he is because of all the previous WRs getting shiny new contracts.

No matter how good a tight end is, there are so few great ones that the franchise tag number will stay low so they either sign a cheaper contract or kick rocks and get tagged.

Look on the bright side. We draft Bowers and have a game changing offensive piece that we still can get away with on the cheap so we can resign Garrett Wilson to whatever freaking number he’s gonna wind up getting and not worry about spending 60 mil per on Odunze and him or losing one of them.

I think you are missing the point entirely. 

WRs out produce TEs by a wide margain (which is why they are paid more) . This is why they aren’t drafted high. The best TEs barely crack 1k yards and 5 tds. For WRs this isn’t that hard to achieve. Trading up and nabbing Nabers will have a much larger impact than drafting Bowers. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

I think you are missing the point entirely. 

WRs out produce TEs by a wide margain (which is why they are paid more) . This is why they aren’t drafted high. The best TEs barely crack 1k yards and 5 tds. For WRs this isn’t that hard to achieve. Trading up and nabbing Nabers will have a much larger impact than drafting Bowers. 

If you factor in blocking they do not out produce TEs. 

Oh now you’re going to trade up for a player you’re probably only going to have, if he’s the awesome awesome, for one contract? That’s cool.

Bowers would be just as valuable on his own plus since TEs are so cheap and invaluable, we’d probably have him for more than one contract. 

Kelce - lifelong chief

Witten - Cowboy 

Gronk- Pat (until Brady lured him over to Bucs)

Kittle - Niners

These guys tend to stay with one organization for most of their careers and are part of consistently good offenses. 

It’s very hard to keep two amazing receivers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If you factor in blocking they do not out produce TEs. 

Oh now you’re going to trade up for a player you’re probably only going to have, if he’s the awesome awesome, for one contract? That’s cool.

Bowers would be just as valuable on his own plus since TEs are so cheap and invaluable, we’d probably have him for more than one contract. 

Kelce - lifelong chief

Witten - Cowboy 

Gronk- Pat (until Brady lured him over to Bucs)

Kittle - Niners

These guys tend to stay with one organization for most of their careers and are part of consistently good offenses. 

It’s very hard to keep two amazing receivers. 

Trading up for a WR who coming out is better than GW was? Yes sign me up for that. 5 years under team control at a reasonable contract? A-Ok in my book. Williams is only under contract for this year. GW and Nabers can both play inside or out which is a dangerous combo. The goal is to go all in with Rodgers right? Having 3 very good receivers to throw to will help immensely + Breece and Conklin? That’s probably the best weapons in the league.

Bowers is NOT as valuable as Nabers smh  

10 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Trading up for a WR who coming out is better than GW was? Yes sign me up for that. 5 years under team control at a reasonable contract? A-Ok in my book. Williams is only under contract for this year. GW and Nabers can both play inside or out which is a dangerous combo. The goal is to go all in with Rodgers right? Having 3 very good receivers to throw to will help immensely + Breece and Conklin? That’s probably the best weapons in the league.

Bowers is NOT as valuable as Nabers smh  

You can smh all you ****jng want. You’re wrong. 

Back to your other point: Christian McCaffery was third in MVP voting

There are twenty WRs getting paid more than him. 

Also, Keice had seasons of:IMG_9197.thumb.png.62f5778add4a0fa974b5f12b3cf6ec87.png

HOW MUCH WAS HE GETTING PAID?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Also, Keice had seasons of:IMG_9197.thumb.png.62f5778add4a0fa974b5f12b3cf6ec87.png

RBs don’t get paid much so that’s expected. 

I’ll bet you that nabers has more yards/tds than bowers year 1 barring serious injury to either one.  You should be pretty confident in this right? 

• More Ugh 1

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

You assume. 

you also can’t refute anything that I’m saying. It’s a FACT that WR is a more valuable position. It’s a FACT that you can find TEs on the scrap heap that can perform average. 

TE is an easily replaceable position. @T0mShane provided a good stat that the #1 TE had as many yards as the #24 WR. 

you should learn to just accept that your opinion on this subject can be wrong, and Bowers may not be a good pick here 

DE is a more valuable position than CB. So screw it let’s get rid of Sauce, Reed and MC2.

See how dumb that sounds?

Just bc I certain position is more valuable. That doesn’t mean you can get elite talent there.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

DE is a more valuable position than CB. So screw it let’s get rid of Sauce, Reed and MC2.

See how dumb that sounds?

Just bc I certain position is more valuable. That doesn’t mean you can get elite talent there.

Both DE and CB are premium positions. Good attempt though 

Just now, BurntDice said:

Both DE and CB are premium positions. Good attempt though 

And a TE used like a WR is premium. Are LaPorta, Andrews, Kelce, Kittle not premium players? OG ya and those just happened to be the last 4 teams standing lasts years TEs. Where they were drafted doesn’t matter. Reed and Carter were both 5th rounders for example.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And a TE used like a WR is premium. Are LaPorta, Andrews, Kelce, Kittle not premium players? OG ya and those just happened to be the last 4 teams standing lasts years TEs. Where they were drafted doesn’t matter. Reed and Carter were both 5th rounders for example.

Andrews had 500 yards last year. Premium mhmm

No it’s not. I’m not going to explain it again look at my responses to@Gastineau Lives

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Kittle is paid 8 mil aav less than Deebo. He will also be paid less than Ayuik if they can sign him. 

yet again you dodge answering any questions. This is because you have no answers 

Kittle isn't Kelce. Stop pretending it's the same when it's not

I keep telling ppl Kincaid is why the bills told Diggs to kick rocks. That Kincaid had taken over diggs number one spot. 

Bowers is better than Kincaid imo because he can do everything Kincaid can do but he's a step faster. 

Why we wouldn't want that type of transformational weapon is beyond me. We aren't drafting a te, we would be drafting a faster Travis Kelce 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

This is the risk of this pick. In order for drafting a TE this high to work, he needs to play at all time great levels right out of the box. That’s your comp, all the greatest TEs who ever played. Meanwhile, a WR or OT taken at the same spot would be a successful pick if they become solid or better starters. 

If Bowers is just simply a pretty good player rather than the best ever, the kind of thing that often happens with high picks, it’s a blown selection. 

• Upvote 2

• slats changed the title to Bowers downfield highlights plus a couple handoffs