Bowers downfield highlights plus a couple handoffs

Kind of kills the can’t catch over the middle or contested ball arguments some have made.

Hes a TE but he’s a weapon at TE, Rodgers won’t have a problem figuring out how to make the most out of him

• Upvote 2

Yeah....

But...

He was wide open in a couple of those hig....

Nevermind, I got nothing.

How is his blocking?  Is he a big receiver or a complete TE?

I'm one of those guys who doesn't have the time to watch hours of highlights.

53 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He reminds me of Denzel Mims, if Denzel caught the ball with his hands, knew how to run a route, power through tacklers, had the ability to high point a ball and knew where to line up.

Free Brock!

Well that escalated quickly!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

More than half his receptions are within 5 yards of line of scrimmage. Lots of screens. Lot of outs to the flat in wide open space. He is schemed open most of the time.  He does seems to play faster than he looks. I just don’t think he will be a matchup nightmare that you all think he will be

Saseech his own

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

More than half his receptions are within 5 yards of line of scrimmage. Lots of screens. Lot of outs to the flat in wide open space. He is schemed open most of the time.  He does seems to play faster than he looks. I just don’t think he will be a matchup nightmare that you all think he will be

AR8 likes to get rid of the ball quick, line going to take time to gel. Think this kid very well may be the pick and I'm ok with it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kind of kills the can’t catch over the middle or contested ball arguments some have made.

Hes a TE but he’s a weapon at TE, Rodgers won’t have a problem figuring out how to make the most out of him

I believe his contested catch rate is 22%. But you won’t be shown that in a highlight video lol

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I believe his contested catch rate is 22%. But you won’t be shown that in a highlight video lol

You believe wrong unless you believe the earth was born in 2023

It’s 59 percent for his career. A ridiculous 77 percent in 2022.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this dude is 240 and has the acceleration to run jet sweeps 

I'm in the "draft a lineman, please" camp but the appeal of Bowers is understandable 

Bowers did not play at 240 more like 230 ... he gained the weight for the combine to minimize the criticism with regards to his playing weight ... whoever the jets draft I will root for to succeed, unless I personally detest them. ^_^

1 minute ago, jetsons said:

Bowers did not play at 240 more like 230 ... he gained the weight for the combine to minimize the criticism with regards to his playing weight ... whoever the jets draft I will root for to succeed, unless I personally detest them. ^_^

@T0mShane could be a George Blanda style kicker and quarterback and I could not root for him if the Super Bowl depended on it 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Micah Parsons had 6.5 sacks in his Penn State career.

How a team uses a player matters.

Seems obvious from the video that he can do more than catch screens.

You are 100 percent correct. Thats why stats especially in college don’t always tell the whole story. But he was georgias number 1 option on passing plays. He got all of the looks.

He may be good. He may even be great. I personally think he is overrated as a prospect. I just don’t see what all the hype’s about. Hes not a freak of nature like Pitts was coming out.  I’d much prefer a wr or lineman over him at 10. If he’s the pick than so be it. I’ll root for him. Just not my preference 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

You believe wrong unless you believe the earth was born in 2023

It’s 59 percent for his career. A ridiculous 77 percent in 2022.

You may be right….  Seems to be some conflicting numbers.

I was going off this….

IMG_6792.thumb.jpeg.a91de8f6564ab0058997c4f2dc3e419a.jpeg

or this

IMG_6793.thumb.jpeg.c8268154a3b5116fb21395f93fa86d7e.jpeg
both could be wrong… maybe people have different metrics to measure contested catch rate? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Micah Parsons had 6.5 sacks in his Penn State career.

How a team uses a player matters.

Seems obvious from the video that he can do more than catch screens.

Parsons was 6'3 246, roughly the same size as Bowers, and ran a sub 4.4 40.

He's a freak. 

17 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You are 100 percent correct. Thats why stats especially in college don’t always tell the whole story. But he was georgias number 1 option on passing plays. He got all of the looks.

He may be good. He may even be great. I personally think he is overrated as a prospect. I just don’t see what all the hype’s about. Hes not a freak of nature like Pitts was coming out.  I’d much prefer a wr or lineman over him at 10. If he’s the pick than so be it. I’ll root for him. Just not my preference 

If Odunze is there at 10 we don't take Bowers. But if the top 2-3 receivers and the top 1-2 tackles are gone, and Bowers is there, take him!

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

A target that can extend drives and get the tough third down conversion seems positive. 

Yes, we NEED someone who can move the chains consistently. We've been missing that for a long time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

The Bowers conversation is like beating a dead horse at this point.  Most folks are pretty dug in on whether or not they want him.

But as one recurring narrative I've seen this week seems to be "he can't work down the field and relied on the screen game"

Because not everyone has the time to sit down and watch hours upon hours of college football, I put together his downfield targets and a few carries out of the backfield as well.

For all the Rodgers won't throw over the middle guys, he seems to do plenty of work outside the hashes

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You’re right you won’t see percentages of contested catches.  Maybe I should have worded it differently.  What I was referring to was those who claimed all his catches came while he was wide open, uncovered.  That’s not what all the video on him shows.  

• Upvote 1

To throw in some generalizations that make me not want him high. 

WRS far out produce TEs

TEs take a while to develop 

it’s easy to find good TEs for a reasonable cap $

TE is not a premium position 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

To throw in some generalizations that make me not want him high. 

WRS far out produce TEs

TEs take a while to develop 

it’s easy to find good TEs for a reasonable cap $

TE is not a premium position 

There are 20 Rome Odunzes in the NFL. There are a handful of elite tight ends. They’re gold.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There are 20 Rome Odunzes in the NFL. There are a handful of elite tight ends. They’re gold.

Elite TEs have the same or worse production as just good WRs 

who’s an elite TE? Kelce? He had less than 1k yards this year. Our own Garrett Wilson who is good (not great yet) had 100 more yards with the worst qbs in the league throwing to him 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

he must be doing something right in running his routes to get so open.  at least he doesn't go to the ground after catching the ball like brady, becht  or keller did.

There is one play where he’s lined on the slot right and literally runs a delayed “route” straight down the field up the seam at like 3/4 speed and finds himself in the end zone untouched 🤣 for an easy TD.

The defense basically left him unaccounted for.

• slats changed the title to Bowers downfield highlights plus a couple handoffs