Jets Rookie Mini Camp May 3-5

23 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

My eventual retirement destination in 18 months or so! No sheep will be safe.

I am counting the days ... am double dipping on SS and working to pay off all debts and have $10K on hand to ship my stuff and get settled. I'll have to hit up all the other foreign residents here at that point to find out how to get NFL feeds, though I'll probably be asleep by the time the games come on ... 

Outstanding! I had the international pass for a couple years, which was good, but now I have some ridiculous, cheap, undoubtedly illegal package that includes all the games and the Red Zone channel. I miss the 20 minute game playbacks, though. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Larz said:

Seems somewhat legit 

Jarrett and Suits battle it out for the practice squad emergency QB gig while Travis spends the season on IR. Not a bad opportunity. 

edit: lol, never mind, goodbye Jarrett, hello Peasley. 

Edited by slats
new information
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Jarrett and Suits battle it out for the practice squad emergency QB gig while Travis spends the season on IR. Not a bad opportunity. 

Interesting idea.  It would certainly be best for the franchise long term but JD might get sweaty hands signing Travis to IR lol. 

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

My eventual retirement destination in 18 months or so! No sheep will be safe.

I am counting the days ... am double dipping on SS and working to pay off all debts and have $10K on hand to ship my stuff and get settled. I'll have to hit up all the other foreign residents here at that point to find out how to get NFL feeds, though I'll probably be asleep by the time the games come on ... 

Do you have your EU citizenship? I’m getting mine from Ireland as I prepare for this same destination 5 years from now. Keep in touch with updates!

• Upvote 2

On 5/5/2024 at 2:00 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

One of the best, young coaches in the league.  When we win the division and 13 games this year, u will stop your whining.

That would be nearly the amount of games the bum has won in his first 3 years. I will believe it when I see it. 

18 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Do you have your EU citizenship? I’m getting mine from Ireland as I prepare for this same destination 5 years from now. Keep in touch with updates!

I do - my Mom was born there long ago. I went through the bureaucratic morass in 2002-2005 when I was living there (long story), and I still have cousins and friends there who will help me land softly when the time comes. My Greek is lousy, but as time passes, more and more of the younger generations speak english, so as long as the friends and family help me with the offical BS, I should be good to go. 

Are you going to end up in Greece or Ireland? Ireland would probably be my second choice.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I do - my Mom was born there long ago. I went through the bureaucratic morass in 2002-2005 when I was living there (long story), and I still have cousins and friends there who will help me land softly when the time comes. My Greek is lousy, but as time passes, more and more of the younger generations speak english, so as long as the friends and family help me with the offical BS, I should be good to go. 

Are you going to end up in Greece or Ireland? Ireland would probably be my second choice.

Maybe Greece fall to spring Ireland in summer if we can make it work financially. I’m not good with heat. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2024 at 4:34 PM, slats said:

edit: lol, never mind, goodbye Jarrett, hello Peasley. 

But its my understanding that if a player is put on IR they cannot practice.  I would think we would want Travis to practice though his reps will be minimal.  I still think this will help him in the long run.   I also thought a third QB can be the emergency QB and not count against the game day 53.  Maybe i am mistaken.  

10 hours ago, Jetpain said:

But it’s my understanding that if a player is put on IR they cannot practice.  I would think we would want Travis to practice though his reps will be minimal.  I still think this will help him in the long run.   I also thought a third QB can be the emergency QB and not count against the game day 53.  Maybe i am mistaken.  

The have changed the rule where the emergency QB can come directly from the practice squad. In order for Travis to get there, they would have to cut him, have him clear waivers then sign back to the PS. Do you think they’ll want to risk that? They might, I don’t know. 

Conversely, he can practice with the team all summer (whatever he can do), and then they can hold his rights without cutting or rostering him by placing him on IR for the year. He’d be allowed to be in the building to rehab and attend all meetings, keeping himself involved mentally. The third QBs reps during the season are usually just running the scout team, anyway. Not a lot of value in that. Jets put him on ice and save a roster spot on the process. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, slats said:

The have changed the rule where the emergency QB can come directly from the practice squad. In order for Travis to get there, they would have to cut him, have him clear waivers then sign back to the PS. Do you think they’ll want to risk that? They might, I don’t know. 

Conversely, he can practice with the team all summer (whatever he can do), and then they can hold his rights without cutting or rostering him by placing him on IR for the year. He’d be allowed to be in the building to rehab and attend all meetings, keeping himself involved mentally. The third QBs reps during the season are usually just running the scout team, anyway. Not a lot of value in that. Jets put him on ice and save a roster spot on the process. 

I disagree that there's little value in a rookie QB playing on the scout squad.  It helps him get used to the speed of the NFL and practicing against the Jets' pass rush and secondary can teach him a lot about what he can and can't do in the NFL.  That said, if he's not completely healthy, it would be better to let him get healthy and focus on fixing his fundamentals and learning to read NFL Ds.

55 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

I disagree that there's little value in a rookie QB playing on the scout squad.  It helps him get used to the speed of the NFL and practicing against the Jets' pass rush and secondary can teach him a lot about what he can and can't do in the NFL.  That said, if he's not completely healthy, it would be better to let him get healthy and focus on fixing his fundamentals and learning to read NFL Ds.

I don’t think it’s worth the roster spot, which is what it comes down to. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, slats said:

I don’t think it’s worth the roster spot, which is what it comes down to. 

Yes, now that teams can keep a QB on the PS to use as an emergency QB, I agree, at least in Travis' case.