Jets Rookie Mini Camp May 3-5

10 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

It's 8am already, no news from camp lol...   Maybe Saleh will bring the air mattresses and pillows. Can we get a real coach next year please. If the JETS have success this year, I'm sure he's going to be around even longer, and it will have pretty much nothing to do with him.

You really fake mad about this ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Fox Tv Crying GIF by ScreamQueens

Lol.  I just think it's funny that this came out of his mouth today after the back-and-forth that was going on earlier today on this forum.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PS17 said:

Guy is walking cringe city. Receipts, the eagle and crow speech, you ain’t poppin, etc. 

He's a moron, hired my morons. His team better perform this year for the first time ever. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, PS17 said:

Guy is walking cringe city. Receipts, the eagle and crow speech, you ain’t poppin, etc. 

and why does he constantly wipe his nose during his press conferences. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

If not ready for camp, he may be set for the Tour de France in July.

I swear that the "bike" is a low key torture device into embarassing the player enough to ignore an injury

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The exception to this rule is if we're in the final week of the regular season and it's a meaningless game.  Then (and only then) can you give Breece Hall 37 carries.  

he had to learn to get those grimy yards. he just wasn't grimy enough until game 17

On 5/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Remember when they limited media exposure early on to ZW’s throwing sessions.

Saleh actually said something like “it’s not like we’re trying to hide him or anything” 🫨🤣

They then proceeded to name him the unchallenged starter with zero competition 😂

BYU didn’t even think he was good enough to be automatically named.  He was forced to compete.

Yet the Jets believed he was ready to take the NFL by storm from day 1.

Wilson was only forced to compete because he was coming off an injury the year before, and his backup had played well and deserved a shot.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/2/2024 at 2:33 PM, Cyberjet said:

Really? - you still want to beat on Zach Wilson who isn’t even here anymore. 

Not only that, but he isn't even correct in what he said.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The exception to this rule is if we're in the final week of the regular season and it's a meaningless game.  Then (and only then) can you give Breece Hall 37 carries.  

Right. Because he’s going to break the rushing record and will need them to break it by 120

On 5/4/2024 at 11:21 AM, RevisIsland610 said:

He's a moron, hired my morons. His team better perform this year for the first time ever. 

One of the best, young coaches in the league.  When we win the division and 13 games this year, u will stop your whining.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You mean because he had not proven himself worthy? 

No, because the coach thought that the backup had earned the opportunity to challenge Zach, and he thought it would be good for Zach. It was not a negative on Zach's playing ability.

I have not gone back through the entire thread, but no comments about Jaylen Key vs. Jayden Key at S?  Did they bring Jayden in just in case they picked the wrong guy for Mr.  Irrelevant?  FWIW, I think his name is actually Jaden Key and he was all-Ivy and a captain at UPenn. 

S seems like a spot where there is a place for an UDFA.  They signed Al Blades Jr. (Benny and Brian Blades nephew) who is kind of slow and Jarius Monroe who is kind of tiny.  Both were listed as CB though Blades profile mentioned he might benefit from a switch to box safety.  He comes from Duke by way of 4 years at Miami.  Monroe is from Tulane and sounds more like a Lamarcus Joyner style slot CB/S hybrid.  For tryouts they had the other Key and Jaylon King from Georgia Tech and a bunch they listed at CB but could switch.

Obi Melifonwu is an interesting guy to have in.  Great athlete did crazy in the jumps.  I'm sure he was over 11' in the broad, but his agility numbers weren't great and he was overdrafted in the 2nd by the Raiders.  I'm sure there @Raideraholic has an opinion which may or may not differ from posts about how great he would be from 2017 or 2018.  Should be a good special teamer.  If you check his bio he spent a lot of time "waived injured" which was a big part of his problem. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

One of the best, young coaches in the league.  When we win the division and 13 games this year, u will stop your whining.

Dear Lord has this schtick grown old.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Can't vouch for the veracity if this report - the tweeter didn't even get the guy's college right, as he went to Wyoming not Wisconsin - but Peasley was in minicamp and was seen as borderline draftable in some rankings. Jets might want to have 4 QBs available while Travis continues his rehab:

Looks like they are signing Suits 

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:04 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Early guess:

image.png

My eventual retirement destination in 18 months or so! No sheep will be safe.

I am counting the days ... am double dipping on SS and working to pay off all debts and have $10K on hand to ship my stuff and get settled. I'll have to hit up all the other foreign residents here at that point to find out how to get NFL feeds, though I'll probably be asleep by the time the games come on ... 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1