Jets Rookie Mini Camp May 3-5

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If I had to put $5 on 1 of the tryout players to make the team, I'd go with Kahtero Summers - bigger WR out of Rhode Island.  Thought he was a draftable prospect.  Ran some pedestrian 40 times but a hand catcher with good RAC

Is he better than Brownlee?  One of them won't make it.

Wilson, Williams, Corley, Gibson, Lazard and Brownlee.  I doubt they keep more than 6 wide receivers.  Summers would have to take Brownlee's spot. 

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

Is he better than Brownlee?  One of them won't make it.

Wilson, Williams, Corley, Gibson, Lazard and Brownlee.  I doubt they keep more than 6 wide receivers.  Summers would have to take Brownlee's spot. 

Irv Charles will be very important on this team this year considering the new kickoff rules.  Brownlee is on the bubble 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Larz said:

Irv Charles will be very important on this team this year considering the new kickoff rules.  Brownlee is on the bubble 

I am hopeful that Irv would be able to step in for Williams in case of injury. 6’4” 219 are exact measurements of Williams. FA after this season. Playing for a contract

43 minutes ago, Larz said:

Irv Charles is a virtual lock, IMO. Great special teamer who will take on an even bigger role with Hardee gone.

I didn't see a whole lot from Brownlee last year, so he could be in danger.

Ideally, we find a sucker to take Lazard and keep both guys.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Irv Charles is a virtual lock, IMO. Great special teamer who will take on an even bigger role with Hardee gone.

Lazards post June 1 trade is very favorable for the jets. As a salary dump I would trade him for a 2027 conditional 7th lol. Like JFM he would probably have to renegotiate a better deal wherever he goes.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I pretty much agree.  I think they let Hardee walk because of Charles.  He didn't play at all until Hardee got hurt in week 5 or so, but when Hardee came back they both played and ended up with similar ST snaps.  At least Charles managed 43 snaps on O.  Hardee never played anything but specials even when we were missing our top 4 CB. 

I like Brownlee and think he has a shot, but he only played 13 ST snaps which is not going to help him make the team.  He will compete with this year's UDFA - Riley and Harrell along with Malik Taylor and McCutcheon who they signed from the Rams.  

Honestly our best luck would be for Lazard to go back to being moderately useful with Rodgers, but I am not holding my breath.  They carried a bunch of WR last year and with one less TE and potentially letting Bawden go and carrying the 3 RB they might carry the same again.  The new ST rules will probably have a solid impact on who sticks at the bottom and I can't say I fully grasp them yet.