2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

There are just some things we don’t need to be butthurt about, friend. This is one of them.

Never said I sustained an injury.  However, I am gobsmacked to hear that we have a strong national fan base.  I've been to most every state in the country.  Mention the Jets to a football fan and the laughter starts.  Not exactly a country full of stalwart Jets fans out there.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Not totally disagreeing, but falling into a top 5 pick isn't so easy either. The Jets and Giants were total ass last year yet neither managed, despite coming close. I don't believe the pats will outright tank a la recent Jags or Commanders teams, either.

The usual stout pats defense and even just a healthy Rhamondre might bring something more like the 6th-15th pick. Of course, to me this is all the more reason the Pats were wise to go after a franchise QB when they had the chance. There will be ample opportunity to build more around him (and trade back if desired) next season. 

I think this year's team will be eerily similar as last year's team.  To your point, I think the D will keep them in most games.  Whether Jacoby Brisset or Drake Maye, their offense should be marginally better. 

I just think when factoring in losing Bill's knowledge, a new HC, an OC that has never really called plays, a first time DC, a bunch of new coaches on the staff and a fairly difficult schedule.   I think this looks like a 3–4 win team.

Could the Patriots be better and steal some wins?  Of course.  I could talk myself into 6 wins.  I just do not see it. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

I think this year's team will be eerily similar as last year's team.  To your point, I think the D will keep them in most games.  Whether Jacoby Brisset or Drake Maye, their offense should be marginally better. 

I just think when factoring in losing Bill's knowledge, a new HC, an OC that has never really called plays, a first time DC, a bunch of new coaches on the staff and a fairly difficult schedule.   I think this looks like a 3–4 win team.

Could the Patriots be better and steal some wins?  Of course.  I could talk myself into 6 wins.  I just do not see it. 

Fair. I feel that Mayo will be able to continue the defensive traditions pretty well but it's likely a marginal decrease.

The offense has nowhere to go but up, and Brissett is a pretty damn good game manager. I'd set the over/under at 5.5 myself if I worked for Vegas, just slightly above your own thoughts due to NFL randomness. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Never said I sustained an injury.  However, I am gobsmacked to hear that we have a strong national fan base.  I've been to most every state in the country.  Mention the Jets to a football fan and the laughter starts.  Not exactly a country full of stalwart Jets fans out there.  

Ah, I see. Context helps. I’ll let you in on a little secret… the author is likely lazy and assumed the amount of Jets fans must be spread out. I assure you, they’re all concentrated into the tri-state area and Florida.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Fair. I feel that Mayo will be able to continue the defensive traditions pretty well but it's likely a marginal decrease.

The offense has nowhere to go but up, and Brissett is a pretty damn good game manager. I'd set the over/under at 5.5 myself if I worked for Vegas, just slightly above your own thoughts due to NFL randomness. 

5.5 seems about right.  There are winnable games with teams in similar situations with new HCs (TN and Seattle) or young QBs (Bears and Indy).  If everything breaks right and there is a wave of excitement not being under Bill I can see the over.  

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, Bungaman said:

Myths are hard to kill off. Like us older Jet fans. Browns and Lions fans are probably also hard to kill off - we just languish in some semi-comatose state for years on end. 

We are the Cicadas of the NFL. Emerging every 13 to 17 years. 

IMG_0636.jpeg

On 5/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, Bungaman said:

Myths are hard to kill off. Like us older Jet fans. Browns and Lions fans are probably also hard to kill off - we just languish in some semi-comatose state for years on end. 

We are the Cicadas of the NFL. Emerging every 13 to 17 years. 

• Upvote 1