ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

Actually relocating in Denver you'd think would be a good thing for Zach. It's one of the two nearest locations to his home in Utah. Plus there is no returning starting QB to compete with no franchise QB just a rookie and a backup. In other words he has an opportunity to win a job. A much better situation than just about anywhere else. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually relocating in Denver you'd think would be a good thing for Zach. It's one of the two nearest locations to his home in Utah. Plus there is no returning starting QB to compete with no franchise QB just a rookie and a backup. In other words he has an opportunity to win a job. A much better situation than just about anywhere else. 

Not really.  They just drafted their future qb with their 1st round pick.  So zach has 0 shot w/ the broncos.

Regardless, hes already showing Denver he stinks.  Sounds like hes going the rosh rosen route and will be out of the league in a year or 2.

Oh well.  Hes a real good kid.  He will be ok.

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Not really.  They just drafted their future qb with their 1st round pick.  So zach has 0 shot w/ the broncos.

Regardless, hes already showing Denver he stinks.  Sounds like hes going the rosh rosen route and will be out of the league in a year or 2.

None of the QBs have distinguished themselves yet. 

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The bottom line is he's got an opportunity imo a better one than other locations where he'd have no chance to be starter. So it's on him. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The bottom line is he's got an opportunity imo a better one than other locations where he'd have no chance to be starter. So it's on him. 

Yes, it’s his best possible spot and he’s still f**king it up.  

Very similar situation to 2015 when Sanchez had a golden opportunity in Denver and lost the job to 7th round rookie Trevor Siemian.  Shortly after that he was out of the league entirely.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If the broncos start zach wilson over bo nix, sean payton would fire himself.

He has 0 chance to start when the team just took at qb with the 11th pick in the draft.

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If the broncos start zach wilson over bo nix, sean payton would fire himself.

He has 0 chance to start when the team just took at qb with the 11th pick in the draft.

There is zero chance that he has zero chance. If he plays the way he did his last start past season vs Houston he can make the team. 

• Haha 1

Zach wilson has 40 something starts in the nfl.  Stidham and nix have hardly any.  The fact that wilson isnt miles ahead of both of them is pathetic.  Sean payton couldnt even come up w/ words to describe how bad wilson is in the press conference.

Zachs a great kid.  But he will be out of the league shortly.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

scooby doo laughing GIFRuh-Roh

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Good plan.  Only flaw is Zach Wilson sucks.

• Haha 2

33 starts. Stidham I think is due a guaranteed 1 million for 2024 and Denver picks up half of Zach's 2024 salary or 2.75 million. With backups money talks. I think both QBs make the team and they keep 3. As for the Houston game meaning zip it's probably the reason Denver traded for him it was a real good game he was AFC Offensive Player of the Week. https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/22/nfl-news-broncos-jets-split-zach-wilson-2024-salary/

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One of the biggest busts in NFL history gets traded away by the Jets a mere 3 months ago after almost single-handedly ruining 3 years of Jets football and Dunnie constantly be like “Why is this still a thing???”

After Zach wins NFL MVP this season I can’t wait to see you all with egg on your faces

• Haha 2

Not only is Zach Wilson terrible at football, but he has no leadership skills and is very immature.

Im not saying that to offend him, I too was immature and not a leader at 25 years old.

He actually brings nothing to the table.  Not 1 positive quality a qb needs.  Its really unbelievable hes gotten this far.

It even blew paytons mind as he could not come up w/ anything postive to say about zach today.  Ive never seen anything like it.

Nice kid though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

That start vs Houston means a lot and why shouldn't it. 

Because every highly drafted bust has had a “flashes” game or 2?  It means absolutely nothing when 90+ % of your other starts were trash.

56 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

33 starts. Stidham I think is due a guaranteed 1 million for 2024 and Denver picks up half of Zach's 2024 salary or 2.75 million. With backups money talks. I think both QBs make the team and they keep 3. As for the Houston game meaning zip it's probably the reason Denver traded for him it was a real good game he was AFC Offensive Player of the Week. https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2024/04/22/nfl-news-broncos-jets-split-zach-wilson-2024-salary/

So your position is Payton should roster the league’s most expensive QB3 because…reasons?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So your position is Payton should roster the league’s most expensive QB3 because…reasons?

Look Denver invested 2.7 million for ZW. So I don't see them cutting him esp when most teams are carrying 3 QBs. It's possible they could trade him. Teams need QBs during the season. And Zach has 33 starts and some of those starts were ok. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Denver invested 2.7 million for ZW. So I don't see them cutting him esp when most teams are carrying 3 QBs. It's possible they could trade him. Teams need QBs during the season. And Zach has 33 starts and some of those starts were ok. 

lol he was barely worth a 7th and now some other team is going to trade for him despite a bunch more QBs entering the league since the first trade happened?  

C’mon.

And if the best argument you have for Denver keeping him is his salary, it’s not a good one.  They decided to kick the tires and Payton, a known QB whisperer, was seeking “upside” at a time when the only QB under contract was Stidham.

It didn’t work out.  Oh well.  Theyre not holding a roster spot hostage over a mere $2.7M.  If he’s not good enough to be the QB2 then he doesn’t deserve to be on the active roster.  Maybe they try to stash him on the PS.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol he was barely worth a 7th and now some other team is going to trade for him despite a bunch more QBs entering the league since the first trade happened?  

C’mon.

And if the best argument you have for Denver keeping him is his salary, it’s not a good one.  They decided to kick the tires and Payton, a known QB whisperer, was seeking “upside” at a time when the only QB under contract was Stidham.

It didn’t work out.  Oh well.  Theyre not holding a roster spot hostage over a mere $2.7M.

I don't know much but I don't know if Denver gets rid of him it won't be a trade lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't know much but I don't know if Denver gets rid of him it won't be a trade lol.

It’s insane how many people here still assign value to Zach Wilson.  We’ve already seen what the trade market yielded and he had almost zero value.  It’s only getting lower now that teams are falling in love with the QBs they have in camp already.  

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are 2 days into camp.  My goodness.  Let them play a preseason game or 2 before you determine separation.

you are the one who is saying he has zero shot, I’m saying no one has separated themselves.

Just now, Claymation said:

Ok

When you having 40 something nfl starts and u have not separeted yourself from stidham and a rookie, ur are in last place in the competition.  Its pathetic and embarrassing a 4 year 40 plus start vet is not clearly better then those 2 guys.

Zach should be ashamed of himself but you know what, I think he could care less.

Good for him.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When you having 40 something nfl starts and u have not separeted yourself from stidham and a rookie, ur are in last place in the competition.  Its pathetic and embarrassing a 4 year 40 plus start vet is not clearly better then those 2 guys.

Zach should be ashamed of himself but you know what, I think he could care less.

Good for him.

You seem to care a lot of Zach, and his ability. I don’t really care, either way. I wish you well on your endeavor and your hatered in all things Zach. Godspeed.

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You seem to care a lot of Zach, and his ability. I don’t really care, either way. I wish you well on your endeavor and your hatered in all things Zach. Godspeed.

I actually really like Zach.  Hes a great kid.

Just stinks at qbing.  I think he will have a great life, beautiful wife, beautiful kids, maybe a college football tv gig.

Zach Wilson has a 1% future in front of him and I could not be happier for him.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I actually really like Zach.  Hes a great kid.

Just stinks at qbing.  I think he will have a great life, beautiful wife, beautiful kids, maybe a college football tv gig.

Zach Wilson has a 1% future in front of him and I could not be happier for him.

See. Was that so hard? 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, it’s his best possible spot and he’s still f**king it up.  

Very similar situation to 2015 when Sanchez had a golden opportunity in Denver and lost the job to 7th round rookie Trevor Siemian.  Shortly after that he was out of the league entirely.

No one on this earth will be happier when Zach Wilson gets cut by Sean Payton and is out of the league than Zach Wilson. 

• Haha 2