ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Did you think Rodgers was coming back last year? Only the morons didn't think he'd be back. I'm just checking.

I didn’t think he’d be back and I thought he was using the promise of coming back as a means to keep himself in the news. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

My takes are holding up stronger than that mysterious bridge collapse you were flapping your gums about 

You've yet to have an accurate take yet mate, but keep on gloating, lol.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t think he’d be back and I thought he was using the promise of coming back as a means to keep himself in the news. 

Could be right. But I don’t know why he would rehab that hard, did the surgery to make it possible.. He should have just put his feet up at the beach and took it slow, knowing Joe D was sticking with Zach Wilson as qb. Even with the D being 1 of best in NFL, with Zach Wilson as qb odds of jets making playoff was a million to 1 ha. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Look he wasn't going to toss out 50 mil plus for anything. This idea of spending time in solitary to contemplative his future is a crock. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look he wasn't going to toss out 50 mil plus for anything. This idea of spending time in solitary to contemplative his future is a crock. 

I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing. The question is whether he could rehab and make it back in time for the season last year. I'm not sure where the 50 mil factors into that equation. He was getting paid no matter what.

34 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing. The question is whether he could rehab and make it back in time for the season last year. I'm not sure where the 50 mil factors into that equation. He was getting paid no matter what.

Are you saying it was a conspiracy? It wasn’t really rodgers practice with jets in Dec ? A body double ? 🤣

Look Stidham had two starts last year the last 2 games of the season and he was 1-1. His yardage numbers for both games in the 200s. He's also on a 2 year for 10 mil deal but I think Denver only owes him 1 million in guaranteed money for 2024. It's more money than I thought he was making. Nix is a rookie but he's 24 and had many starts in NCAAF. Zach has 33 NFL starts. If I had to guess Stidham will be day 1 starter with Zach as backup and Nix number 3. But that's just day one Nix could be the starter by game 8. Btw Nix is only 6 months younger than Zach and Stidham will be 28 in August. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Are you saying it was a conspiracy? It wasn’t really rodgers practice with jets in Dec ? A body double ? 🤣

I think if he attempted to play in a game (assuming it was meaningful) he would have been severely limited. He tried like hell to come back but I think even he knew that it was a major risk if he tried to play.

But his rehab probably had a positive effect on the team, showing him as a guy that doesn't give up and thus somewhat leading by example (bUt WhAt AbOuT MiNiCAmP???) Unfortunately the QB room was simply so bad that there was just no way they could have made any sort of push for the playoffs. The defense was gassed by the end of the year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I think if he attempted to play in a game (assuming it was meaningful) he would have been severely limited. He tried like hell to come back but I think even he knew that it was a major risk if he tried to play.

But his rehab probably had a positive effect on the team, showing him as a guy that doesn't give up and thus somewhat leading by example (bUt WhAt AbOuT MiNiCAmP???) Unfortunately the QB room was simply so bad that there was just no way they could have made any sort of push for the playoffs. The defense was gassed by the end of the year.

Agree, at least end of Dec , first game back rusty, maybe 70-80%. But could have been more effective month later, assuming made playoffs. But even at 50%, I’d still take Rodgers over Zach fing Wilson. We know it would be rodgers decision to make. Joe D and Saleh definitely do not have control over Aaron rodgers. 

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look Stidham had two starts last year the last 2 games of the season and he was 1-1. His yardage numbers for both games in the 200s. He's also on a 2 year for 10 mil deal but I think Denver only owes him 1 million in guaranteed money for 2024. It's more money than I thought he was making. Nix is a rookie but he's 24 and had many starts in NCAAF. Zach has 33 NFL starts. If I had to guess Stidham will be day 1 starter with Zach as backup and Nix number 3. But that's just day one Nix could be the starter by game 8. Btw Nix is only 6 months younger than Zach and Stidham will be 28 in August. 

Stidham is a complete and utter JAG and I’m being generous.  Nix is a rookie and he apparently already knows the playbook better than ZW

• Upvote 1

He was given an extra year and half as starting qb of the jets because his family owns JetBlue.  Not based on merit
That was obvious by the extreme investment at OL and WR.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Stidham is a complete and utter JAG and I’m being generous.  Nix is a rookie and he apparently already knows the playbook better than ZW
Yeah that long pause on Wilson is the farthest thing from a ringing endorsement. Sounding like practice squad camp body. I give Garrett a ton of credit for handling the situation so well .. had to have been frustrating.

From the video TOm posted it seems like Nix is pretty awesome at looking confident with his hands on his hips. Wtf.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The thing is can Payton teach Zach how to throw accurate play action passes under pressure and run the short passing game. If he can Denver has a valuable asset. Right now he's better than most of these backups and third string guys who with a slew of injuries will play this season. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

The thing is can Payton teach Zach how to throw accurate play action passes under pressure and run the short passing game. If he can Denver has a valuable asset. Right now he's better than most of these backups and third string guys who with a slew of injuries will play this season. 

Payton has a month to get Bo Nix ready to play NFL football. He doesn’t have time to give remedial lessons in pocket courage to Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Still can’t believe Wilson blew off the passing camp a few weeks ago. Dude wants to be cut so bad. 

Like Geno Smith when he was here, Zach consistently makes bad decisions that reek of selfishness and immaturity.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Still can’t believe Wilson blew off the passing camp a few weeks ago. Dude wants to be cut so bad. 

I went to high school with a bunch of trust fund babies.  Zach’s behavior is straight out of the rich kid manual

a more apt nickname for Zach would be bubble boy

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach Wilson is terrible.  Hes not better then any backups and 3rd string guys.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Payton has a month to get Bo Nix ready to play NFL football. He doesn’t have time to give remedial lessons in pocket courage to Zach Wilson.

Why then did they agree to pay half his salary in 2024. You can come up with a better one than that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

He sucks at football and he's a giant douche. I want you on my jury if I'm ever charged with murder and they have video of me doing it, my DNA on the murder weapon, and a bus full of nuns as eye witnesses. I mean, what evidence are you waiting for?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Seeing Big Foot riding on the back of the Loch Ness Monster would surprise me less 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bo Nix is the next Drew Brees.  This kid will be the best qb out of this class.  He will throw 25 plus tds this year and easily win Rookie of the Year.

Why the Giants didnt pick this kid I have no clue.

Come on, Cap. You need a campaign manager. PM me. I can help.

• Haha 1