Training camp updates: Lazard still stinks

17 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Don’t buy this. If you’re finishing a season with like 7 or 8 consecutive losses it means your team ******* sucks and/or quit on you.

The idea that “doesn’t matter” for he following year is divorced from reality.

So winning 1 or 2 out of those 7 or 8 losses would somehow matter?  Teams who quit can still stumble into wins from time to time, you know.  Especially when matched up against OTHER teams who similarly have quit (and/or winning teams who are resting key guys).

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So winning 1 or 2 out of those 7 or 8 losses would somehow matter?  Teams who quit can still stumble into wins from time to time, you know.  Especially when matched up against OTHER teams who similarly have quit (and/or winning teams who are resting key guys).

A couple of things here.

1) Trying to separate the idea of randomly winning 1 or 2 games vs. having talented players competing hard just doesn’t jive with reality, and it’s particularly difficult with the Jets  who were married to the regime and want to win now.

2) The players the Jets have already drafted being legitimately good and winning games for us will always matter more than future draft capital. Going 3-14 and being loaded with draft capital but having nobody on the team worth a damn isn’t a better place to be.

Teams don’t accumulate draft capital by sucking consistently for four years and then BAM year 5 they all start trying and it works.

It takes time to build something. You need to make good picks and maximize your draft capital — whatever it is — over time.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

A couple of things here.

1) Trying to separate the idea of randomly winning 1 or 2 games vs. having talented players competing hard just doesn’t jive with reality, and it’s particularly difficult with the Jets  who were married to the regime and want to win now.

Well on this I'll of course say that last year was SUPPOSED to be the furthest thing from a tank season.  But 4 plays in, that all changed.  We should have either been looking to sell off a few pieces (like Huff) OR aggressively gone after a backup QB.  Standing pat and hoping for the best with Zach was the worst possible decision there.  You're either a buyer or seller and we chose to go neither route.

But once it was clear that it would be a lost season, no, I can't support winning games at that point if you can avoid it, which we could have.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Well on this I'll of course say that last year was SUPPOSED to be the furthest thing from a tank season.  But 4 plays in, that all changed.  We should have either been looking to sell off a few pieces (like Huff) OR aggressively gone after a backup QB.  Standing pat and hoping for the best with Zach was the worst possible decision there.  You're either a buyer or seller and we chose to go neither route.

100% agree with this, they should have had backup QBs working out in Florham Park on September 12th, but what can you do. We drafted Mormon Ryan Leaf and that’s what they decided to do.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

But once it was clear that it would be a lost season, no, I can't support winning games at that point if you can avoid it, which we could have.

But what is the actual move here? I’m not even really sure what the tankers are advocating. Benching all of our good players? For what the final month of the season? We were already starting Trevor Semien! Not like they were whipping out the trick plans to stun people.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

But what is the actual move here? I’m not even really sure what the tankers are advocating. Benching all of our good players? For what the final month of the season? We were already starting Trevor Semien! Not like they were whipping out the trick plans to stun people.

Season 6 Nbc GIF by This Is Us

As @T0mShane pointed out, not giving Breece Hall 39 touches in a game would have been a good start.

• Upvote 2

On 5/29/2024 at 6:56 PM, T0mShane said:

Surprised no one was doing the tweets. 

1. Lazard apparently sucked today, dropping a TD from Rodgers, then getting bodied by Stiggers on a back shoulder throw that dropped incomplete. Said it at the time he was signed: Lazard isn’t a contested catch guy despite his size and him and Corey Davis are redundant in that they both suck.

2. Javon Kinlaw hasn’t shown up yet. Can’t believe they burned $7 mil on this career malcontent. 

3. Sounds like Rodgers had an up and down day, working on short stuff. DJ Reed and Quincy Williams had DPIs in the end zone against him. Tyrod hit on a bomb to some dude. 

4. Braelon Allen is the early leader for the RB2 job, and Abanikanda is at the back of the pack.

5. Tyron Smith stonewalled Will McDonald on one rep, but got deked by Jermaine on another play. Will McDonald cooked up the Pitt tackle we all like.

6. Sounds like Fashanu was getting his ass kicked today by Jalyn Holmes and others. 

7. Michigan freak Braiden McGregor got some pressures today. Malachi Corley left with an injury and ended up watching practice.

Yo my man. You got a new job. LOL

• Post of the Week 1

On 5/29/2024 at 11:10 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Do you guys know who the youngest rb in the nfl thats not a rookie?  Izzy Ibanakanda.  Hes only 21 years old.

The front office loves this kid and hes growing into a beast.

He will be rb2 this year and be an absolute beast!!

Well it's nice to know we will have one of the youngest more experienced busts in the NFL. We got that going for us.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I definitely enjoyed that win and couldn't help but smile. 

The win that pissed me off was the Commanders win. We blew a 20 point lead and basically choked the game away only to win on a long FG. It almost felt like a loss, anyway. Would have been nice to lose that one. 

3 games they should have lost. Giants, Pats and Washington.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The Falcons were reportedly being offered an absolute haul from teams looking to get up for Odunze, etc. If the Jets lost one more game, they could have either taken Odunze themselves or set themselves up with that haul, especially with teams—in that scenario—trying to come up for both Penix and McCarthy. Catbird seat. I get that you play to win, etc, but I legitimately would have fired Saleh and Hackett on the spot for giving Breece Hall 39(!) touches on a sh*tty field in Week 18 just to beat a dead in the water Pats team. Absolute stupidity. 

Luckily he wasnt injured. He shouldnt have even played in such a meaningless game.  None of their stars should have: QW, QW, GW, Breece, Sauce JJ, Reed. Was a perfect opportunity to play all bench guys and see what they had to make a play for a roster spot the following year or get on another team.  

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

3 games they should have lost. Giants, Pats and Washington.  

That is ******* ridiculous.  The Pats game?   Sure, the season was over.  Maybe Washington, but the Giants?   They were coming out of they bye at 3-3 with wins over the Bills and Eagles and having been robbed in the Chiefs game.  They should have been considered a playoff team at that point, even with the blunder at QB.  

Why not complain about beating the Texans?  I mean, what was the point in kicking the sh*t out of the Texans when we already had 8 losses?

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I love the Becton Bashing.  He’s going to be Farrior 2.0 but even more egregious 

Even if he did it would end the minute he gets paid and hits the couch. I see a way more likely path of Mo Wilk kinda guy. Football is a means to an end with these guys. Becton will likely bounce around the league on 1 year prove it deals and in the end will likely prove he's not an NFL guy. 

On 5/30/2024 at 3:45 PM, doitny said:

because Yeboah looks like a WR when he catches it and Ruckert looks like Conklin.

Yeboah Career. 4 Rec 64 yds 16 avg 3 TDs. 

Ruckert Career 16 Rep 164 yds 9.4 avg 0TDs

now thats a very small sample size. but lets add in college.

Yeboah 74 Rec 1062 yds 14.4 avg 12 TDs. 

Ruckert 54 Rec 615 yds 11.4 avg 12 TDs

now Yeboah played a extra year but im looking at the Ypc. and his last year in college he avg 19.1 ypc. 

we need Ruckert because he is a good blocker but if you want to open up the offense and get another weapon i think Yeboah can be it, if he stays healthy.

Interesting.  I think Ruckert might actually have timed faster than Yeboah.  I think with Yeboah you are hoping for a Jeff Cumberland.   He does play specials and seems to do the work.  They have team control for this year and then he is unrestricted.  Ruckert is signed for 2 more years.  

On 5/31/2024 at 9:45 AM, Rich Thornburgh said:

I love the Becton Bashing.  He’s going to be Farrior 2.0 but even more egregious 

You think Becton is going to last another 10 years in the league?  What do you think the odds are that Becton has another 150 NFL starts?  I see almost no chance and that is despite him being two years younger and year closer to his draft year than Farrior was when he left.  He will be very lucky to have a Sheldon Richardson style post-Jets career.  I think he has way more in common with  Dewayne Robertson than Farrior.  

I guess the idea has always been that Lazard has played well with Rodgers. Last year he didn't have that. He's on a 4 year $44 million contract 22 million guaranteed. He obviously was way overpaid by the Jets but in the past he was a pretty good player and all around Wr. So it kind of makes sense to keep him on the team for reg season as a 4th or 5th Wr. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/25483/allen-lazard#:~:text=Allen Lazard signed a 4,dead cap value of %2418%2C736%2C000.

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

That is ******* ridiculous.  The Pats game?   Sure, the season was over.  Maybe Washington, but the Giants?   They were coming out of they bye at 3-3 with wins over the Bills and Eagles and having been robbed in the Chiefs game.  They should have been considered a playoff team at that point, even with the blunder at QB.  

Why not complain about beating the Texans?  I mean, what was the point in kicking the sh*t out of the Texans when we already had 8 losses?

It was a loss. No team wins that game other than the Jets. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

You think Becton is going to last another 10 years in the league?  What do you think the odds are that Becton has another 150 NFL starts?  I see almost no chance and that is despite him being two years younger and year closer to his draft year than Farrior was when he left.  He will be very lucky to have a Sheldon Richardson style post-Jets career.  I think he has way more in common with  Dewayne Robertson than Farrior.  

Pretty good

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Interesting.  I think Ruckert might actually have timed faster than Yeboah.  I think with Yeboah you are hoping for a Jeff Cumberland.   He does play specials and seems to do the work.  They have team control for this year and then he is unrestricted.  Ruckert is signed for 2 more years.  

i was trying to find out who was faster but cant. just curious how Yeboah has 3 more ypc on avg than Ruck in college. could be the offenses they played for or than Yeboah is faster and gets more separation than Ruck. good thing about finally having a QB is we will finally know what we have in some of these guys. 

On 6/1/2024 at 4:33 PM, doitny said:

i was trying to find out who was faster but cant. just curious how Yeboah has 3 more ypc on avg than Ruck in college. could be the offenses they played for or than Yeboah is faster and gets more separation than Ruck. good thing about finally having a QB is we will finally know what we have in some of these guys. 

Yeah.  Yeboah does seem faster.  Most of what I read has him excelling on deep seam type plays where it would seem speed was important but not agility.  I looked into it a bit more and you can see why I complain so much about these bullsh*t sites and the times they post.  Yeboah ran a 4.75 at his pro day.  That is true, but he pulled up with a hamstring injury during it, so he probably is faster. 

Ruckert had the foot injury which limited him at his workouts.  He just did the bench the combine and his pro day.  There are estimates that he would run a similar time to what Yeboah ran, but that stupid NFLdraftbuzz site has two different versions - one with him at 4.68 (from his pro day where we know he didn't run) and another under "pro day stats" where they list all kind of workout numbers for the workout he didn't have and have him at 4.76  That site absolutely blows and is full of sh*t.  They are the ones that listed Braelon Allen at 4.40 and everybody is quoting it.  It's complete bullsh*t.  That dude did not run a 4.40, but  others quote it and I had an argument here with somebody who kept saying "it's out there" maybe @ARodJetsFan ?  Later I found where the same bullsh*t Mickey Mouse site quotes Braelon Allen at 5.10.   Just click the times and it will take you to the irresponsible hypocritical links.  While I am at it, Jerry Rice went at least 2 tenths faster than people think and Larry Fitzgerald never ran 4.63.  That's the best one.  It's quoted from the combine where it is widely known that he did not run.  Pro day times need to be taken with a grain of salt since they are hand-timed.  Tweets and odd sources should be looked at skeptically since anyone can post anything on the internet and nfldraftbuzz should be taken out behind the barn and shot for mis-reporting sh*t.

TLDR Yeboah is probably faster than he timed since he got hurt during his 40.  The Jets saw him at the Senior Bowl and he is good deep.  Ruckert came out a way more polished blocker and supposedly would have timed similarly.  Both might fit the h-back type role since Ruckert is a good blocker and Yeboah supposedly is better at moving wham type blocks since he is more of a skinny legged not so good anchoring in-line type guy.  Wondering if Kuntz has developed much.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yeah.  Yeboah does seem faster.  Most of what I read has him excelling on deep seam type plays where it would seem speed was important but not agility.  I looked into it a bit more and you can see why I complain so much about these bullsh*t sites and the times they post.  Yeboah ran a 4.75 at his pro day.  That is true, but he pulled up with a hamstring injury during it, so he probably is faster. 

Ruckert had the foot injury which limited him at his workouts.  He just did the bench the combine and his pro day.  There are estimates that he would run a similar time to what Yeboah ran, but that stupid NFLdraftbuzz site has two different versions - one with him at 4.68 (from his pro day where we know he didn't run) and another under "pro day stats" where they list all kind of workout numbers for the workout he didn't have and have him at 4.76  That site absolutely blows and is full of sh*t.  They are the ones that listed Braelon Allen at 4.40 and everybody is quoting it.  It's complete bullsh*t.  That dude did not run a 4.40, but  others quote it and I had an argument here with somebody who kept saying "it's out there" maybe @ARodJetsFan ?  Later I found where the same bullsh*t Mickey Mouse site quotes Braelon Allen at 5.10.   Just click the times and it will take you to the irresponsible hypocritical links.  While I am at it, Jerry Rice went at least 2 tenths faster than people think and Larry Fitzgerald never ran 4.63.  That's the best one.  It's quoted from the combine where it is widely known that he did not run.  Pro day times need to be taken with a grain of salt since they are hand-timed.  Tweets and odd sources should be looked at skeptically since anyone can post anything on the internet and nfldraftbuzz should be taken out behind the barn and shot for mis-reporting sh*t.

TLDR Yeboah is probably faster than he timed since he got hurt during his 40.  The Jets saw him at the Senior Bowl and he is good deep.  Ruckert came out a way more polished blocker and supposedly would have timed similarly.  Both might fit the h-back type role since Ruckert is a good blocker and Yeboah supposedly is better at moving wham type blocks since he is more of a skinny legged not so good anchoring in-line type guy.  Wondering if Kuntz has developed much.

I wouldn't have classified it as an argument, I thought it was a discussion, silly me I guess.

So here's a question for you @#27TheDominator

It seems like you are the end all be all on 40 times since you are so adamant about disputing them.

How fast does Braelon Allen run?

And how do YOU KNOW how fast he did or didn't run?

Have you personally timed him running the 40 somewhere?

What I posted is factual, meaning that his 4.40 forty time is out there for anybody to search for on the internet and find.

Did he actually run a 4.40 forty? How the hell should I know, I didn't time him & he didn't run at the combine.

But whether you agree with it or not, whether you like it or not, that time it IS out there.

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I wouldn't have classified it as an argument, I thought it was a discussion, silly me I guess.

So here's a question for you @#27TheDominator

It seems like you are the end all be all on 40 times since you are so adamant about disputing them.

How fast does Braelon Allen run?

And how do YOU KNOW how fast he did or didn't run?

Have you personally timed him running the 40 somewhere?

What I posted is factual, meaning that his 4.40 forty time is out there for anybody to search for on the internet and find.

Did he actually run a 4.40 forty? How the hell should I know, I didn't time him.

But whether you agree with it or not, whether you like it or not, it IS out there.

Sorry.  I characterize everything as an argument.  Discussion is fine.  My boss likes me to term it "robust debate."  I guess calling you into it seems like a call out.  I don't know how fast he runs.  That was the point.  Neither do you.  I don't think he has an actual time out there though there may have been some questionable spring game or high school times that we can try to draw conclusions from.  I wasn't bringing your name back into this to fight with you, it was because I found even more evidence that nfldraftbuzz is a sh*t site full of sh*tty conflicting "information."  If you want to accept that, then I really do apologize for @'ing you.  They listed that 40 as from his pro day where he did not run.  That is where it is out there, but it is out there that the earth is flat too.  I read it on Kyrie's twitter.  Guess that lends it some credence?  God I hate the internet.

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry.  I characterize everything as an argument.  Discussion is fine.  My boss likes me to term it "robust debate."  I guess calling you into it seems like a call out.  I don't know how fast he runs.  That was the point.  Neither do you.  I don't think he has an actual time out there though there may have been some questionable spring game or high school times that we can try to draw conclusions from.  I wasn't bringing your name back into this to fight with you, it was because I found even more evidence that nfldraftbuzz is a sh*t site full of sh*tty conflicting "information."  If you want to accept that, then I really do apologize for @'ing you.  They listed that 40 as from his pro day where he did not run.  That is where it is out there, but it is out there that the earth is flat too.  I read it on Kyrie's twitter.  Guess that lends it some credence?  God I hate the internet.

I like robust debate, that works.

You're correct and as I stated previously, I have no idea how fast he runs.

No question that you can't believe everything that's out there, on the internet.

At the end of the day, I guess all we can really do is speculate about it.

Enjoy your day sir.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

thanks for doing the research. i had no idea where to find that stuff.

yeah your probably right that Yeboah is faster. i just checked the YAC yards and Ruckert in 16 catches had a 3.2 YAC. im sure it will be better under Rodgers. 

we need Ruck for those tough yards where you get hit 3 or 4 times. but man if Yeboah can be a deeper threat than the usual 8-10 yds our TEs usually run that would great. if anybody could figure it out Rodgers can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I like robust debate, that works.

You're correct and as I stated previously, I have no idea how fast he runs.

No question that you can't believe everything that's out there, on the internet.

At the end of the day, I guess all we can really do is speculate about it.

Enjoy your day sir.

SAME TO YOU!

• Upvote 1