Rodgers or Eli

Aarron Rodgers or Eli Manning  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Please read my post below before voting

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

How about a direct relationship to his own team

pkunkett is better than lamonica or the snake

lets see him respond yes

He won’t answer, he has no point.  Other than his team still sucks and the Jets dont

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2024 at 11:03 AM, Warfish said:

You want the talent and production.

Rodgers is the superior talent and superior producer.  By far.

Wins are a team stat.  So are Super Bowls.  QB plays a big part, sure, but can't win titles on his own, just ask Dan Marino and Jim Kelly.

You take Rodgers over Eli 10 out of 10 times. 

Rodgers was an elite QB HOF'er.  Eli was a game manager who shouldn't sniff the HOF.  Rodgers was many times the best QB in the NFL.  Eli never was.

Thank you!

Eli Manning wouldn’t take himself over Aaron Rogers!

In fact if Eli Manning Dreamed he was better than Aaron Rogers he should wake up and apologize!

• Haha 4

On 6/5/2024 at 12:03 PM, Raideraholic said:

You see Shaq kill Charles Barkley all the time he never won a ring.      As great as Dan Marino was, it tarnished his reputation just like Dan Fouts never winning one.      You never saw your team win one a championship .    I saw my team win three and despite D Carr owning every record , he not even close to being the best Raider Qb.     It’s all about the rings.

The NBA has 12-player rosters and you can’t win a title without having at least one top 5-ish player in the world on your team, with the lone exception being Chauncey Billups’ Pistons squad 20 years ago.

The NFL has 53-man rosters where we fairly routinely see teams with sh*t QBs making playoff runs.

It’s not the same thing.  And even so you didn’t answer the question:  Are the likes of Trent Dilfer, Nick Foles, Brad Johnson, etc >>> Dan Marino?  

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The question comes down to not really Eli vs. Rodgers but...

Would you rather have up and down seasons with mostly mediocre football but 2 Super Bowl championships

Or

12 to 13 win seasons almost every year for a decade, with multiple visits to the Championship games,  but only 1 Super Bowl championship.

For me the latter is easily the better choice.  Yes it's only one championship but the enjoyment of being a true contender every year for a decade, by far, will deliver more enjoyment - and ultimately, as a fan, that's what it's all about.

This is a good way to put it. For me, I’m taking the rings.

How quickly we forget that the Giants won their SBs mostly off the back of their nasty pass rush.  

Meanwhile, the Packers low-key have kinda been sh*tty ever since the tail end of the Ted Thompson era.  Rodgers propped them up quite a bit, and to only get 2 rings out of 3+ decades of elite QB play from Favre/Rodgers had to be disappointing.

I know so many wanted to anoint Jordan Love and laugh at the Jets and stuff but this very easily could wind up with the Packers ending up in the doldrums and Rodgers getting the last laugh.

• Upvote 2

also wfan picked it up yesterday afternoon and turned it into hot take radio with one guy going with the pro Eli standpoint and the other with Rodgers. Heard it for about 3 minutes and had to turn it off - not because of their views but because it is an absurd argument.
I take nothing away from Eli in the playoffs and his throw to Manningham just might be the best/clutch throw in playoff history - certainly to 5.
The Tyree catch while it gets all the press was more on Tyree than Eli. Eli was basically sacked and in the grasp when he threw it to a spot. His head was actually turned away when he let it go.
Tyree makes that happen and 99 out of 100 it does not so now we are at Eli with 1SB which changes everything. 

ARod all day over Eli. But you are right that pass to Manningham was the best throw I have EVER seen in my life given the circumstances

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

On 6/5/2024 at 10:56 AM, doitny said:

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

To me this question is really "Given the choice, would you want to win 1 Super Bowl or 2 Super Bowls?"

Of course I voted for winning 2 Super Bowls.

7 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I didn't need to read anything. The only thing Eli has over Rodgers is another SB. These two QB's should never be mentioned in same sentence. 

You mentioned them in the same sentence literally 1 sentence before you said they should never be mentioned in same sentence

The only thing Eli has over Rodgers is another SB

On 6/5/2024 at 6:08 PM, Dcat said:

Rodgers over Eli in a heartbeat.  And yes... I'd sure like 2 championships more than one, but Rodgers is by far the better and more desirable QB even though he has one fewer ring than Eli. 

You put a freaking game manager in a poll against Rodgers.  LOL.  That is pretty funny dude. 

You'd give up a 2nd Super Bowl title because you want AR8 as your QB?!

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To me this question is really "Given the choice, would you want to win 1 Super Bowl or 2 Super Bowls?"

Of course I voted for winning 2 Super Bowls.

exactly the question.

there is alot of losing seasons with Elis 2 SBs. alot of none playoff seasons. from me that 2nd SB isnt making me feel better 4 years later suffering another 6-10 season.

13 hours ago, bicketybam said:

But Aikman has all those SB rings!

This just illustrates how dumb this conversation is and especially the ones picking Eli. Fuggin' Rodgers haters.

If you read the OP's post then you can understand the Eli over AR8 votes (which includes me).

15 hours ago, doitny said:

exactly the question.

there is alot of losing seasons with Elis 2 SBs. alot of none playoff seasons. from me that 2nd SB isnt making me feel better 4 years later suffering another 6-10 season.

So you'd prefer 5 more playoff seasons over winning a 2nd SB?  

According to the OP:

Rodgers made the playoffs 11 out of 13 years. not counting the 3 years where he played 7 and 9 games and last year. 

Eli made the playoffs 6 out of 14 years. not counting 2 years where he played 7 and 4 games.

On 6/5/2024 at 11:51 AM, Raideraholic said:

Easy Eli manning has two rings , a Rodgers has one.      Dak Prescott is better than Eli too right.    You are judged on how many championships you win.       P mahomes was 1- 3 in Super Bowl would he be consider the best?          

If the Jets had a bunch of SBs (including a recent one) it would be one thing.  But this franchise hasn't won in forever.  I'd take Eli's 2 rings over AR8's 1 ring though 5 extra playoff seasons.  I'm not discounting playoff seasons, btw, because they are very entertaining (and sports is entertainment).  But the Jets need rings.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So you're a 1 SB title over a 3 SB titles guy.  Got it.

I can understand your confusion. After watching the QB play the Jets have produced for the past decade, Eli Manning looks like Pat Mahomes. If you are so into SB's instead of the quality of the QB, then you should have been a Giants fan.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

I can understand your confusion. After watching the QB play the Jets have produced for the past decade, Eli Manning looks like Pat Mahomes. If you are so into SB's instead of the quality of the QB, then you should have been a Giants fan.

Is the goal to win the SB or not?

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is the goal to win the SB or not?

Yes and 31 teams fail to achieve that every year. So realistically you want to just be competitive and have a chance to play for a title year in and year out.

Rodgers is a guy that made his team better and was the main reason his teams were competitive. Eli Manning was a mediocre QB who rode the Giants defense and some incredible luck to 2 SB victories. If your asking me who I would want to watch play QB for over a decade for my team, I'm taking Rodgers. 

14 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

This is such a stupid take 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Yes and 31 teams fail to achieve that every year. So realistically you want to just be competitive and have a chance to play for a title year in and year out.

Rodgers is a guy that made his team better and was the main reason his teams were competitive. Eli Manning was a mediocre QB who rode the Giants defense and some incredible luck to 2 SB victories. If your asking me who I would want to watch play QB for over a decade for my team, I'm taking Rodgers. 

Got it.  So you didn't read the OP's question.

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Could you imagine the Jets lore around Aikman if he brought the Jets three SBs? The Namath comparison is just for feels 

I'm pretty sure the Rodgers comparison is just for feels too. 

If your asking me who I would want to watch play QB for over a decade for my team, I'm taking Rodgers. 

That's not what the OP is asking.  

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Your argument is that AR8 is the better QB and he'll give you more chances to win a SB.  Literally nobody on this forum disagrees. 

On 6/5/2024 at 10:56 AM, doitny said:

so what im asking is we all know Rodgers is way better but would you want..... 

Rodgers on the Jets wining 148 games 66% 11 playoff year and just 1 SB or....

Eli winning 50% 6 playoff years and 2 SBs?

i have never witness a Jets SB but im guessing that a SB win gets pretty old quick when your suffering 6-10 seasons the next couple of years as opposed to win 10 or more games almost every year.

i pick Rodgers and 1 SB

The OP is asking if you'd prefer "1 SB but you'd get the entertainment of AR8's career greatness" as opposed to "2 SBs but with fewer playoff appearances and a lesser QB"

In other words, you didn't read the question carefully (or maybe at all?)