1. 1. Whither Rodgers?

• RFK Jr fundraiser in Cali
    • European vacation
    • Ayahuasca trip/Darkness retreat
    • Minor surgery/injury related
    • Who cares/quiet quitting is fine now
    • Other

Just now, Joejet said:

I would venture a guess that most of us don’t give a **** what either of you do or did for a living.

I was replying to someone who commented on something I did for a living. Wow.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You gave us your CV from your first paper route unsolicited 

Laugh it up. I'll tell you that I have two kids ages 28 and 29. I know how hard it is to make it these days. Best of luck to you 🍀 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, PS17 said:

Couldn’t this psychedelics bender have happened at any other point in the offseason that didn’t coincide with mandatory camp (which lasted like three ******* days)?

#EliminateDistractions 

He’s contemplating retirement 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

"I did a little more digging over the past few days. What more I could ascertain was how the Jets and Rodgers reached an understanding of the 'one team, one set of rules' logic to not excusing his leave. Rodgers, I’m told, was good with it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/nfl-insider-reveals-jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-reaction-unexcused-absence-evan9

Did the Jets know just how nutty Rodgers is when they made the trade for him. I mean the guy is openly using illegal substances banned in the United States. NFL owners are a conservative group and they're going along with this? And that's just the tip of the iceberg with him there's a lot more. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Did the Jets know just how nutty Rodgers is when they made the trade for him. I mean the guy is openly using illegal substances banned in the United States. NFL owners are a conservative group and they're going along with this? And that's just the tip of the iceberg with him there's a lot more. 

Do you think any NFL players smoke weed? Just curious.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I'm not sure what that even means but I wouldn't have hired you to be the company porter. That's a fact.

If you have any questions about corporate aviation I'd be happy to help you. What I can't do is charter you an aircraft to follow JD, Zach Wilson or Aaron Rodgers around. 

How is it possible to be this annoying 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

how the Jets and Rodgers reached an understanding of the 'one team, one set of rules' logic to not excusing his leave. Rodgers, I’m told, was good with it."

Lol jesus

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Do you think any NFL players smoke weed? Just curious.

Weed in many states is either legal or a minor misdemeanor. Hallucinogens aren't. Players do get tested for drugs at least once a year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Weed in many states is either legal or a minor misdemeanor. Hallucinogens aren't. Players do get tested for drugs at least once a year. 

Weed is illegal on a Federal level. Federal. Where's the hand wringing? And what makes ayahuasca worse than marijuana? 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We are still a clown show

happy season 3 GIF

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. By far the biggest black eye and source of ridicule from the media and other fans is our selection of Zach Wilson. I truly hope you understand this. This guy has made us look like ******* clown shoes. Him and JD selecting him at #2 overall. It's truly embarrassing but at least we've moved in from him.

It will be worse if he actually becomes a good QB under Payton but I don't think it will happen. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I'm really sorry that you feel this way. By far the biggest black eye and source of ridicule from the media and other fans is our selection of Zach Wilson. I truly hope you understand this. This guy has made us look like ******* clown shoes. Him and JD selecting him at #2 overall. It's truly embarrassing but at least we've moved in from him.

It will be worse if he actually becomes a good QB under Payton but I don't think it will happen. 

LMAO!  "The Jets had a sterling reputation until Zach was drafted!  It's all Zach's fault!  WAAAHHH!!!"

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

LMAO!  "The Jets had a sterling reputation until Zach was drafted!  It's all Zach's fault!  WAAAHHH!!!"

They didn't but the drafting and eventual flameout of epic proportions by Zach Wilson really cemented this decade and a half of ineptitude as one of its lowest points ever.

TT..are you related to Zach? A fellow Mormon? Were you this much of a steadfast proponent of Sam Darnold? These are honest questions. Sam played with a worse roster and even worse circumstances (notwithstanding your assertation that Gase/Mac was better than Saleh/JD.) Are you still pulling for Sam Darbold? He has shown more promise that Zach Wilson and I would bet my house he has a longer and more successful career than Wilson.

19 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

They didn't but the drafting and eventual flameout of epic proportions by Zach Wilson really cemented this decade and a half of ineptitude as one of its lowest points ever.

TT..are you related to Zach? A fellow Mormon? Were you this much of a steadfast proponent of Sam Darnold? These are honest questions. Sam played with a worse roster and even worse circumstances (notwithstanding your assertation that Gase/Mac was better than Saleh/JD.) Are you still pulling for Sam Darbold? He has shown more promise that Zach Wilson and I would bet my house he has a longer and more successful career than Wilson.

Lol.  I'm not related to Zach, nor am I a friend of anyone who knows him, etc.  Nor am I a mormon.  I was a pretty big proponent of Darnold, btw.  I would've been more than happy giving him more time the year we drafted Zach.  (I would've 100% wanted Trevor over Darnold, btw.  And I wasn't angry when we drafted Zach either, btw, because it's always fun to have a potential high-ceiling young QB).  

I'm definitely still pulling for Darnold, though even I'm no longer of the opinion he's got a great ceiling or anything like that.  I do think he can be a reasonably good QB though.  I'm not into making bets about either player's future, btw.  I readily admit I might be wrong about Zach.  I'm still unclear of what level of his potential he can reach if put in the right situation.  I know that almost everyone on this forum disagrees with me on this.  

EDIT: I also understand it wouldn't really make sense to keep him on the Jets' roster at this point because he'd need a 2nd contract and there's no way we're committing to him financially at this point, especially with AR8 on the roster.

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Lol.  I'm not related to Zach, nor am I a friend of anyone who knows him, etc.  Nor am I a mormon.  I was a pretty big proponent of Darnold, btw.  I would've been more than happy giving him more time the year we drafted Zach.  (I would've 100% wanted Trevor over Darnold, btw.  And I wasn't angry when we drafted Zach either, btw, because it's always fun to have a potential high-ceiling young QB).  

I'm definitely still pulling for Darnold, though even I'm no longer of the opinion he's got a great ceiling or anything like that.  I do think he can be a reasonably good QB though.  I'm not into making bets about either player's future, btw.  I readily admit I might be wrong about Zach.  I'm still unclear of what level of his potential he can reach if put in the right situation.  I know that almost everyone on this forum disagrees with me on this.  

EDIT: I also understand it wouldn't really make sense to keep him on the Jets' roster at this point because he'd need a 2nd contract and there's no way we're committing to him financially at this point, especially with AR8 on the roster.

At this point I think Darnold's ceiling is probably higher than Zach's and Zach's floor is the worst QB to ever play the NFL. As bad as Darnold was at times, he was Joe Montana compared to Wilson. I've never seen a QB so lost after being a starter for 3 years. You could out him with the best coaching staff ever and he won't amount to dick. You can't shine sh*t, even sh*t with "arm talent."

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I don’t think you need to worry about paragraph #2