Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

8 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Maybe not in the world you live in, but in the real world, it absolutely does.

Integrity still counts for something, even if people like you think otherwise.

Hat Tip GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

I didn't say integrity isn't important. Only that it is naive to rely on the good faith of others in business.

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

I didn't say integrity isn't important. Only that it is naive to rely on the good faith of others in business.

You certainly did imply that, on more than one occasion.

And as @Scott Dierking said earlier, naivety has nothing to do with it, a man's word is supposed to be his bond, as the saying goes.,

• Upvote 1

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

You certainly did imply that, on more than one occasion.

I think you apply a fair bit of confirmation bias to how you interpret things. 

In any case, I've now stated it explicitly.

28 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Maybe not in the world you live in, but in the real world, it absolutely does.

Integrity still counts for something, even if people like you think otherwise.

Hat Tip GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Why are you presuming it was Reddick who lied in this case? Douglas has a pretty beefy history of obfuscation.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Why are you presuming it was Reddick who lied in this case? Douglas has a pretty beefy history of obfuscation.

You can always tell who has never been in an high-stakes negotiation before. They place way too much on the emotional elements ("He lied! That's unfair!") and tend to default to the hard-ass position ("Let him rot!"). 

The pros don't get emotionally invested.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Counterpoint: there is zero documentation of Reddick going back on his word.

It's just a red herring, people like to think of every exchange as one between a good guy and a bad guy. But in life, it's almost never that black and white.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It's just a red herring, people like to think of every exchange as one between a good guy and a bad guy. But in life, it's almost never that black and white.

There is indeed some truth to that.

None of us know the entirety of the real story, we can only try & read between the lines, as best we can.

That being said, sometimes things get lost in translation.

3 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

There is indeed some truth to that.

None of us know the entirety of the real story, we can only try & read between the lines, as best we can.

That being said, sometimes things get lost in translation.

Well, I'm back to my original point that it doesn't really matter. It obviously was a bad idea for JD to depend on Haasan's verbal representations before consummating the trade.

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

In His April Fools press conference he said he would attend and he failed to do so. Unless it was a prank after all. 

I told my wife that I would take out the garbage last night. It's past midnight and it's still sitting there.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Was there another press conference other than the one I posted? 

Last negotiation I was in I lied to my adversary and told him something he wanted was very important to my client, when in fact my client didn't care at all about it. I did this to extract concessions that my client did care about.

Am I a naughty boy?

• Upvote 1

Jd lies for a living as do all gms and owners and yet some keep saying how the player went back on his word - why not gms and owners do it all if the time- how many times have owners said we will take care of player x he will be with us for life then they trade or cut the player and say “ it was just business” or had an offer we had to consider - teams moved to other cities after saying we are not going anywhere 

joe literally said Adams will be a jet for life then traded him a few weeks later ( great trade) but the point is Joe lied or changed his mind - players certainly can do it as well - 

Joe didn’t offer the player a deal he liked so the player may have changed his opinion and what the best course of action is for himself and the reality is gms and owners don’t have the players best interest in mind 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

Jd lies for a living as do all gms and owners and yet some keep saying how the player went back on his word - why not gms and owners do it all if the time- how many times have owners said we will take care of player x he will be with us for life then they trade or cut the player and say “ it was just business” or had an offer we had to consider - teams moved to other cities after saying we are not going anywhere 

joe literally said Adams will be a jet for life then traded him a few weeks later ( great trade) but the point is Joe lied or changed his mind - players certainly can do it as well - 

Joe didn’t offer the player a deal he liked so the player may have changed his opinion and what the best course of action is for himself and the reality is gms and owners don’t have the players best interest in mind

Exactly. There are no bad guys here. This is business as usual not only sports business but all business. Believe someone's words at your own hazard. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

What I disagree with is that you think one approach is morally superior to the other.

100% 

1 player, Matt Judon, shows up & reported to his team, despite being unhappy with his contract.

The other player, Reddick, says he'll show up & then disappears and completely blows his new team off.

You think Reddick's behavior is justified - which is where you & I will never agree.

Judon's approach is absolutely, morally superior to Reddick's, in every sense of the term.

The only people who think otherwise, are people who have no morals.

wave hello GIF by Mauro Gatti

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Because we all saw him stand at the podium and say he was coming to camp?  

50 minutes ago, jgb said:

Exactly. There are no bad guys here. This is business as usual not only sports business but all business. Believe someone's words at your own hazard. 

Wasn’t like this when I handled my business.  Our word meant something.  
I don’t get the JD was naive because he took a public statement at face value.  
im glad I don’t work in a world where your word has no value and where the person taking someone at their word is blamed for being naive.  

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Wasn’t like this when I handled my business.  Our word meant something.  
I don’t get the JD was naive because he took a public statement at face value.  
im glad I don’t work in a world where your word has no value and where the person taking someone at their word is blamed for being naive.  

That makes 2 of us.

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

100% 

1 player, Matt Judon, shows up & reported to his team, despite being unhappy with his contract.

The other player, Reddick, says he'll show up & then disappears and completely blows his new team off.

You think Reddick's behavior is justified - which is where you & I will never agree.

Judon's approach is absolutely, morally superior to Reddick's, in every sense of the term.

The only people who think otherwise, are people who have no morals.

wave hello GIF by Mauro Gatti

It’s the NFL. Neither is morally superior to the other. The only people who think otherwise are children.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t think so.  Only one I remember

I ask because I think you guys have taken his quote out of context. Cimini asks him if he’s looking to be here for one year or multiple years and Reddick answers that he’ll let his agents handle that with Douglas and he’ll “be here” for whatever they work out. He’s never asked if he’s going to be at camp without a new contract, even though that’s how Hughes and Rosenblatt have presented Reddick’s comment

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

We have become an emancipated society and is shameful.  Grown man with enlarged boobs listening to Taylor Swift.

Please start cooking with ghee!

• Haha 1