Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Holdouts allowed also, with pre-negotiated financial penalties for doing it. The CBA does not prohibit withholding services for a very good reason — it would violate the United States Constitution.

To be free, a man must be the ultimate master of his own sweat. An entire war was fought over it and everything.

I sweat and feel free when I eat 

• Haha 3

Just now, jgb said:

And even if we took Hughes at face value, people do sometimes change their minds. 

There’s no reason to take Hughes at face value here. Reddick’s been agitating for a new deal since January, but then arbitrarily drops that demand to come to the Jets? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

There’s no reason to take Hughes at face value here. Reddick’s been agitating for a new deal since January, but then arbitrarily drops that demand to come to the Jets? 

I am just kicking out the only leg of the one-legged stool upon which our dear debate partners rest.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No one is saying (at least logical people) " that he "dropped his demand for a new contract".

What is being said is that the Jets would entertain negotiating a new contract, BUT it has to come with the condition of being in camp. One foot in front of the other.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

I am just kicking out the only leg of the one-legged stool upon which our dear debate partners rest.

Only the Jets can turn a relatively standard contract standoff into a months-long quagmire and only Jets fans would throw their bodies in front of any criticism that this voraciously dysfunctional management group might incur as a result. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The lie is he said the jets would not give up on Becton , he said Adams will be a jet for life 

He didn’t say Becton could suck ass and would never be released.  Find a quote that said he would always have a job.

Then find the quote where he promised Adams would be a Jet for life no matter how unreasonable his pay requirements were.  That Adams wanting to be paid at the pay scale of a position he didn’t play was acceptable and JD had to agree because he wanted to negotiate an equitable deal keeping Adams a Jet

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Only the Jets can turn a relatively standard contract standoff into a months-long quagmire and only Jets fans would throw their bodies in front of any criticism that this voraciously dysfunctional management group might incur as a result. 

“But lying is wrong ipso facto Joe is a sweet innocent, blameless and pure.”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He didn’t say Becton could suck ass and would never be released.  Find a quote that said he would always have a job.

Then find the quote where he promised Adams would be a Jet for life no matter how unreasonable his pay requirements were.  That Adams wanting to be paid at the pay scale of a position he didn’t play was acceptable and JD had to agree because he wanted to negotiate an equitable deal keeping Adams a Jet

The whole point is quotes don’t matter. We have all heard the term “coach speak.” You keep demonstrating your misplaced faith in something everyone knows is in large part a bunch of bromidic malarkey.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Hasson Reddick was—to quote Hughes here—“willing to play on his current deal and dominate”—he’d still be in Philly. This is Hughes doing clean up for his golf buddies at Florham Park. 

Awesome how you magically jumped to that conclusion. 🙄

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes. That is proof. It’s the same reason things in the store have price tags. Otherwise the CBA would say “a player may not withhold services,” which would, of course be unconstitutional.

It’s absolutely not proof.  From your definition of a fine or any other sense of the word.  You’re twisting the definition of a fine to make your argument.  
Price tags on retail items, another analogy that has nothing to do with this scenario.  
He’s under contract.  A contract he freely signed.  Which requires him being in camp.  To get prepared for a season that he’ll be paid to perform in.  He accepted the money, the signing bonus in trade for the requirements of the contract.  The CBA does say he “may not withhold services” by allowing ownership to set in place fines for withholding of services.  I guess you’re saying players also don’t actually have to play in games even though they’ve been paid. 
I’d love to know which sport pays players who have the option of working a schedule theyre comfortable with and not one mandated 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

It’s absolutely not proof.  From your definition of a fine or any other sense of the word.  You’re twisting the definition of a fine to make your argument.  
Price tags on retail items, another analogy that has nothing to do with this scenario.  
He’s under contract.  A contract he freely signed.  Which requires him being in camp.  To get prepared for a season that he’ll be paid to perform in.  He accepted the money, the signing bonus in trade for the requirements of the contract.  The CBA does say he “may not withhold services” by allowing ownership to set in place fines for withholding of services.  I guess you’re saying players also don’t actually have to play in games even though they’ve been paid. 
I’d love to know which sport pays players who have the option of working a schedule theyre comfortable with and not one mandated 

Dios mio. Have a good afternoon man.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

The whole point is quotes don’t matter. We have all heard the term “coach speak.” You keep demonstrating your misplaced faith in something everyone knows is in large part a bunch of bromidic malarkey.

Except contracts aren’t a large part a bunch of malarkey.  That’s why they have terms that are agreed upon and are enforceable 

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

The whole point is, we are going by what's being reported, not just jumping to conclusions that support your tainted, biased opinion.

We are at least presenting some type of evidence, to support our point of view.

You just keep spewing your same ridiculous nonsense - with nothing at all to back it up - not an article, not a report, not a video.

Give it a rest bud, your opinion - with no facts, reports or video to back it up, means absolutely d!ck,

It might mean something to you & your grossly, self-inflated ego - but that's about where it ends.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, ARodJetsFan said:

The whole point is, we are going by what's being reported, not just jumping to conclusions that support your tainted biased opinion,

We are at least presenting some type of evidence to support our point of view.

You just keep spewing your same ridiculous nonsense - with nothing at all to back it up - not an article, not a report, not a video'

Give it a rest bud, your opinion - with no facts, reports or video to back it up, means absolutely d!ck,

Apparently I misunderstand the purpose of a discussion board lol.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just so you understand my tact here-Both Douglas and the Reddick camp have screwed this up. Together. What we have is a failure to communicate. 

No one is blameless. But, time is on the Jets side here (as we sit here today). That may change in a couple of weeks if he is that dug in.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Just so you understand my tact here-Both Douglas and the Reddick camp have screwed this up. Together. What we have is a failure to communicate. 

No one is blameless. But, time is on the Jets side here (as we sit here today). That may change in a couple of weeks if he is that dug in.

I agree with all that and definitely wasn’t including you in that formulation. Big picture, this is a low-leverage, who-cares situation that won’t matter in a few weeks. My beguilement comes from the fact that this was the type of readily predictable and easily avoidable error that the Woody Johnson Jets constantly stumble into for no reason. And if the resolution turns out to be throwing Reddick another $5 mil in cash to make him whole, they could have just done that a month ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

73 pages?  Nuts!

Who cares about this guy?  He may be a good player and a cool fella, but he has never played a down for the Jets.

If he shows up, cool.  Another piece for an already great D.

If not, cool, and Jets save $/cap.

• Haha 1

I find that I don't really give a crap about Reddick. Completely detached from the team, never played a snap, was a surprise trade when it happened, and think the Defense is good enough without him. At this point, I have no idea what kind of condition/shape he's in even IF he reports at some point. It's a stupid situation all around.

This team threw gave Franklin-Myers a four-year contract extension for $55 million with $30.2 million guaranteed in 2021 for an UDFA guy... but want Reddick to play for his old Eagles contract, meanwhile Reddick is losing a Million bucks and hiding in Japan or something after saying the contract doesn't matter, he's here to play Football. 

It's just stupidity and I just can't make myself care about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with all that and definitely wasn’t including you in that formulation. Big picture, this is a low-leverage, who-cares situation that won’t matter in a few weeks. My beguilement comes from the fact that this was the type of readily predictable and easily avoidable error that the Woody Johnson Jets constantly stumble into for no reason. And if the resolution turns out to be throwing Reddick another $5 mil in cash to make him whole, they could have just done that a month ago. 

The one fact, that is really bogging down the whole situation is Reddick's refusal to report.

Had he of shown up to OTA's & mandatory minicamp, I'd wager this (his contract situation) would have been resolved months ago.

Sure, I understand the argument that there is plenty of blame to go around, and there is some truth to that, but Reddick is definitely not helping himself - or the team for that matter.

33 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Awesome how you magically jumped to that conclusion. 🙄

Just to be clear here—Reddick was willing to play on his existing contract, but the Eagles instead opted to 1. Eat $22 mil in dead cap AND 2. Give Bryce Huff $50 mil to replace him? How does that make any sense?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just to be clear here—Reddick was willing to play on his existing contract, but the Eagles instead opted to 1. Eat $22 mil in dead cap AND 2. Give Bryce Huff $50 mil to replace him? How does that make any sense?

There is really no way to be clear about this situation, it's an absolute sh!t-show.

Howie Roseman is probably the only one who can answer that question.

I read an article yesterday, that the Eagles had Bryce Huff playing with the 2nd stringers in the last pre-season game that they just played, why would you give 50 Million to free-agent to have him run with your 2nd string defense?

A free agent DE, that signs a 3 year 50 million dollar deal, should be an unquestioned starter in my opinion.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1