Those who went to the joint practice today - would you agree with this? "The Jets essentially demoralized their rivals"

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Back in my day we played football in the street and used a busy intersection as the endzone. 

Yea but was it snowing?  Did you wear shoes like the big softy you are?  I bet you wore a sweater, wimp. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Garrett Wilson at half speed, not real Football, not really trying, CB not really caring about his job, doesnt translate at all per tough guy @Matt39.  I guess we should be excited about what he does when he decides to go full speed?   Do you think the CB will just keel over and die?  Im not sure but excited nonetheless.

More talking the front 7. You aren’t allowed to touch the QB or tackle the ball carrier. It’s not full speed. A receiver is always going to run his route.

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

More talking the front 7. You aren’t allowed to touch the QB or tackle the ball carrier. It’s not full speed. A receiver is always going to run his route.

Yeah, sure you cant bring someone to the ground for safety reasons but during the 11 on 11 periods, DL is going vs. OL at full speed.  Again, there are guys out there trying to make a roster, battle for a contract, battle for a starting spot.  If you think they're going 100% during a rep, while the rest of the guys are going %75, I mean, you're wrong.  That is a sure fire way to ensure everyone gets injured.

I'm not sure what else to tell you here, old friend.  You do this every offseason and every offseason I educate you on this and yet, you keep doing it.  2 years ago, the Jets were the softest of softies and then you saw them week 1 and were like, oooops.  Ok, yeah, these dudes are monsters and the Jets started 6-3 and had the best defense in the league.

I get it, it's your shtick, tough guy Matt wants Football w/out pads, it's cool but it's misinformed. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yeah, sure you cant bring someone to the ground for safety reasons but during the 11 on 11 periods, DL is going vs. OL at full speed.  Again, there are guys out there trying to make a roster, battle for a contract, battle for a starting spot.  If you think they're going 100% during a rep, while the rest of the guys are going %75, I mean, you're wrong.  That is a sure fire way to ensure everyone gets injured.

I'm not sure what else to tell you here, old friend.  You do this every offseason and every offseason I educate you on this and yet, you keep doing it.  2 years ago, the Jets were the softest of softies and then you saw them week 1 and were like, oooops.  Ok, yeah, these dudes are monsters and the Jets started 6-3 and had the best defense in the league.

I get it, it's your shtick, tough guy Matt wants Football w/out pads, it's cool but it's misinformed. 

Football without tackling is not full speed. I’m not worried about the Jets defense. I’m worried about Rodgers being hesitant like he was week 1 last year. 

He’s holding the ball here

play 1 and play 4. @SF that’s going to be hold your breath 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Football without tackling is not full speed. I’m not worried about the Jets defense. I’m worried about Rodgers being hesitant like he was week 1 last year. 

He’s holding the ball here

play 1 and play 4. @SF that’s going to be hold your breath 

What are you asking for here?  That the Giants tee off on Rodgers?

lmfao

you're silly 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JiFtheOracle said:

What are you asking for here?  That the Giants tee off on Rodgers?

lmfao

you're silly 

What? No. I think Rodgers should have played this preseason since he hasn’t had a real snap in a year. I’m worried he’s going to get hurt again. It’s impossible to simulate real football unless you can tackle. 

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What? No. I think Rodgers should have played this preseason since he hasn’t had a real snap in a year. I’m worried he’s going to get hurt again. It’s impossible to simulate real football unless you can tackle. 

Joe Burrow attempted 7 passes in the first preseason game and that's it. Do you think that is going to make the difference in their first regular season game a month later?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Oh, so 2 series in preseason game fixes your concerns?   lol 

dude...for 10000000x.  Nobody values preseason other than fringe roster players. These joint practices, are 100000000x more valuable, it is literally unanimous across the league that they value the joint practices more than preseason. 

I really dont understand why that doesnt register but you do you!  I'll leave it alone.  It's like talking to a wall. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Joe Burrow attempted 7 passes in the first preseason game and that's it. Do you think that is going to make the difference in their first regular season game a month later?

Considering how often he gets hurt- maybe?

• WTF? 1

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

pffff, I guess you dont get the value of handing the ball off 5 times and attempting 3 passes in a preseason game.

And didnt Rodgers play in preseason last year?  Looked awesome, talked sh*t, threw a TD to Wilson and then what happened week 1? lol

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I feel like for preseason to actually be effective the way people think it should, is starters would have to play at least 3 quarters for all 3 games. Then that actually puts them in the routine. 

But obviously that would never, ever happen, so it's pointless lol. A few series doesn't acclimate them. It's such a dumb argument.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Considering how often he gets hurt- maybe?

If I was going to play my starters in any game it would be the first one because God forbid anyone important gets dinged they would have a month to heal. But then you have to question whether those few vanilla snaps a month before the real games begin are going to really make the difference. You could say it depends on the make up of your team. I honestly don't see how 2 series a month before the season starts is going to benefit a 20 year vet like Rodgers. Not worth the risk to him, any of the OL or even guys like Breece and Wilson. 

22 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I feel like for preseason to actually be effective the way people think it should, is starters would have to play at least 3 quarters for all 3 games. Then that actually puts them in the routine. 

But obviously that would never, ever happen, so it's pointless lol. A few series doesn't acclimate them. It's such a dumb argument.

I’d have Rodgers play a half, but I’m just a guy. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Most likely when they move to an 18 game season, the 2 preseason games are striclty for fringe players and Sept while the games count becomes the routine games you mention. 

28 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Then you can get some Johnny Undrafted Free Agent trying to play hero ball and low bridging someone and taking them out for 6 months. 

There are no easy answers to this, and maybe if you set your practices up with the correct intensity, you can mimic game situations. I am not sure we have that.  

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Then you can get some Johnny Undrafted Free Agent trying to play hero ball and low bridging someone and taking them out for 6 months. 

There are no easy answers to this, and maybe if you set your practices up with the correct intensity, you can mimic game situations. I am not sure we have that.  

The “rogue udfa” theory.  

Id love for someone to give 1 example when this common scenario happens that the crazy, rogue udfa takes out a star player.

1 hour ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Yea but was it snowing?  Did you wear shoes like the big softy you are?  I bet you wore a sweater, wimp. 

Yes, it was snowing, I wore my cousin Big Bella’s ballet slippers, I knit  my sweater myself from my Uncle Harry’s back hair and wore gym sick full of holes for  gloves. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The “rogue udfa” theory.  

Id love for someone to give 1 example when this common scenario happens that the crazy, rogue udfa takes out a star player.

I’m still really bummed out about you being a real actual person and a Jet fan. Most I’ve ever been fooled here, 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The “rogue udfa” theory.  

Mark Sanchez 2013 Jets Shoulder (Rex Ryan "trying to win the game")

Michael Vick 2003 broke leg

Sam Bradford 2014 tore ACL

Tony Romo 2016 fractured vertebrae

Trent Green 1999 Knee-Missed season

Is this more than 1?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Mark Sanchez 2013 Jets Shoulder (Rex Ryan "trying to win the game")

Michael Vick 2003 broke leg

Sam Bradford 2014 tore ACL

Tony Romo 2016 fractured vertebrae

Is this more than 1?

These are guys who got injured.  Where is their evidence there injury was caused by the “rogue udfa” who injured them cause he was trying too hard?

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

These are guys who got injured.  Where is their evidence there injury was caused by the “rogue udfa” who injured them cause he was trying too hard?

Does it really matter WHO caused the injury? I am sure those players missed the same amount of time, even it it was a fan from the stands that ran onto the field. The point is still salient.

12 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Does it really matter WHO caused the injury? I am sure those players missed the same amount of time, even it it was a fan from the stands that ran onto the field. The point is still salient.

Not really lol. You were talking about an unknown guy, basically playing dirty, to make a big splash play. Is there evidence of that?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Not really lol. You were talking about an unknown guy, basically playing dirty, to make a big splash play. Is there evidence of that?

That was as my friend Warfish calls it, hyperbole. I would feel no better if our starting QB got taken out by an all pro low bridger, or a Johny rah-rah.

And that said, there are no easy answers how to play the preseason. But there are inherent dangers, and I believe it spooks coaches and organizations. 

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

That would still not accomplish what you think you're accomplishing. That's my point. 

Eh. I’m worried Rodgers will hold the ball because he’s rusty (like what happened last year) and take an unnecessary hit. He’s 40 coming off a full year of not playing. Preseason you can get away with stuff you can’t in the regular season since the games don’t count.

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Eh. I’m worried Rodgers will hold the ball because he’s rusty (like what happened last year) and take an unnecessary hit. He’s 40 coming off a full year of not playing. Preseason you can get away with stuff you can’t in the regular season since the games don’t count.

You know he played in the preseason last year, right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I'm sure there will be times he will hold the ball too long but it won't because he didn't get two series in pre-season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFtheOracle said:

You know he played in the preseason last year, right? 

One drive I think. Maybe 2. I would have played him a quarter, quarter and a half. The Giants game was once the dress rehearsal. 

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

One drive I think. Maybe 2. I would have played him a quarter, quarter and a half. The Giants game was once the dress rehearsal. 

It was 2 drives, so he basically played the whole 1st quarter.  I dont know for certain but I gotta a good feeling, 1 more series for a 20 year vet, 4 time MVP, SB MVP, wouldnt have made even the smallest of differences, other then exposing him to injury.

Things changed after the new CBA, nobody takes the preseason serious, everyone takes the joint practices more seriously.  This isnt opinion.  It's fact.

• Upvote 2