Loss was expected in SF - Will be 4-1 after 5 games

Won big on the 49ers last night. Blowout was expected.
I am concerned by how pathetic the defence played. Rodgers was better than expected and I think this offence could be cooking by week 5-6.
The next few weeks is about grinding out some wins. Saleh needs to sort the f*cking defence out.

I expected, and posted multiple times that this was going to be an ugly game for us.

We actually played much better than I expected and there is a lot of good that came out of it.

Defense got pushed around, but the biggest issue was getting off the field on third down. A few times we got them into third and long and it didn’t matter they converted. Clean that up and the game is different.

On offense I was VERY encouraged by what we saw. We had two bad turnovers that cost us badly, but Rodgers is such an upgrade over what we have had for the past 20 years it’s a joy to watch. He had amazing ball placement and timing on his throws. Our skill position players need to adjust to playing with a real QB and the only WR who has experience played like it (Lazard).

I’m not surprised Lazard played well, I was never down on him as much as everyone else. I think we need survive the first month and hit our stride in October-November.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, funaz said:

I expected, and posted multiple times that this was going to be an ugly game for us.

We actually played much better than I expected and there is a lot of good that came out of it.

Defense got pushed around, but the biggest issue was getting off the field on third down. A few times we got them into third and long and it didn’t matter they converted. Clean that up and the game is different.

On offense I was VERY encouraged by what we saw. We had two bad turnovers that cost us badly, but Rodgers is such an upgrade over what we have had for the past 20 years it’s a joy to watch. He had amazing ball placement and timing on his throws. Our skill position players need to adjust to playing with a real QB and the only WR who has experience played like it (Lazard).

I’m not surprised Lazard played well, I was never down on him as much as everyone else. I think we need survive the first month and hit our stride in October-November.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Yeah we didn’t get blown out 52-0 we got that at least 

10 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Why do you guys do this to yourselves?

It must be a fetish.

Whenever the Jets throw a deep bomb down the field, just before the ball starts coming down my wife kicks me really hard in the nuts.  As I cower in pain on the floor I miss the inevitable interception, thus trading one form of pain for another.  I slowly recover and then, to thank her, we make sweet love while I wear my Kellen Clemens jersey and she does the J-E-T-S chant.  Is there something wrong with me, Dr. Phil?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Do you not think the Jets can close the gap between them and the 49ers throughout the season?

No. Saleh is not a good coach. He's a rah rah guy that can motivate guys and keep them engaged I think, but any good coach easily schools him on scheme. 

We will beat up some bad teams I'm sure and win 9 games, but Saleh isn't out coaching anyone. Hackett is also a hack. 

Was always going to be a tough matchup but what exactly did we show to make any of us think we are getting to 4-1?  Rodgers looks frail and timid.  Maybe to be expected given his circumstances but you think the rest of the league cares or will they look to get to him every chance possible?  That leaves about 1.2 seconds to run our routes -  I expect a lot of 4-5 yard slants all of which Rodgers will throw to his left.  That will leave a lot of third and short which we will struggle to gain behind an offensive line that has barely played together.   We show zero creativity so getting the ball to TC phenom Allen or YAC Corley is out of the question, just a predictable handoff to Breece all of which the opposing coaches know.  On defense we gave up 8 straight scores, what exactly did we show that will scare the Titans, Patriots, Broncos, or Vikings.  Even with drastic improvement we're only talking about climbing to mediocre.  I think 3-2 is best case at this point, possibly 2-3.  Hope I'm wrong...