PFT: Browns QB sued again for sexual assault and battery

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well clearly she didn’t think he was what he was. “Safer” surely meant for privacy reasons, not safer in the way you’re thinking.

She’s a single mom. Not everyone in her shoes wants her picture snapped with him in public in a busy shopping mall, then posted on social media with countless people commenting how she’s the QB’s groupie slut of the week, finding her social media profiles and commenting on her, and just generally invading her privacy. It’s supposed to be just a dinner date, not a publicity attempt. If it gets that far she’ll deal with it, or decide not to, but for right now this is just a first date.

A different restaurant would’ve been a better middle ground in retrospect (other than staying away from him altogether, of course). But on the spot I could see how she didn’t want iPhone pictures snapping shots of him, with her in the shots with him as the two are flirting & such.

The idea could’ve been an unprepared on the spot reply, not a hm let me think, let me open google to find a place not too crowded [but still has witnesses], and suggesting her own apartment is safer than his, and it’s a comfortable environment for her.

Assuming everything she says happened did happen, the blame exclusively lies with him being a psychopath. She invited a celebrity over her apartment for dinner; she didn’t go for a stroll in a dangerous neighborhood at night in a teddy, and wasn’t seeking publicity. Listed as a Jane Doe plaintiff she’s not seeking publicity even now. Not even with him jettisoned out of state with his good name already wrecked and nowhere near the (public) presumption of innocence for Watson that first accuser went through.

Like most married guys’ wives here, Mrs. Sperm invited me over her apt for dinner before she really knew me. Looked at through the lens of this lawsuit, that was a real risk she took. Like the rest of us, I’ll let you guess what I didn’t do when she went to put makeup on in the bathroom, because I’m not a psychopath like Watson. Jane Doe didn’t think he was either.

Basically the perfect post. Not even too long for the position stated!

• Haha 1

I’ll say it because I’m old as dirt and grew up in the 60’s and 70’s.   If a woman met me in a mall and I asked her on a date and she invited me to her apartment for diner I’m thinking she wants a hook up.

Granted the world has changed completely.  A single mother shouldn’t invite a man she just met to her house period.  In today’s world a single man shouldn’t except the invitation period.  The other side of it is in today’s world people who don’t know each other hook up all the time by mutual consent.  I suspect that’s what really happened here until I see evidence something else happened.

It’s hard to believe Watson isn’t a predator.  It’s also hard to believe that there are women out there who are single moms inviting athletes to diner at their house first time they met them who don’t have motives beyond a nice date and getting to know them better.

If he didn’t have history this story looks like he was a targeted mark.  Granted he has his history.

Also if he raped her, her attorney should be the DA not an ambulance chaser seeking monetary damages.  It always comes down to the money.

23 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well clearly she didn’t think he was what he was. “Safer” surely meant for privacy reasons, not safer in the way you’re thinking.

She’s a single mom. Not everyone in her shoes wants her picture snapped with him in public in a busy shopping mall, then posted on social media with countless people commenting how she’s the QB’s groupie slut of the week, finding her social media profiles and commenting on her, and just generally invading her privacy. It’s supposed to be just a dinner date, not a publicity attempt. If it gets that far she’ll deal with it, or decide not to, but for right now this is just a first date.

A different restaurant would’ve been a better middle ground in retrospect (other than staying away from him altogether, of course). But on the spot I could see how she didn’t want iPhone pictures snapping shots of him, with her in the shots with him as the two are flirting & such.

The idea could’ve been an unprepared on the spot reply, not a hm let me think, let me open google to find a place not too crowded [but still has witnesses], and suggesting her own apartment is safer than his, and it’s a comfortable environment for her.

Assuming everything she says happened did happen, the blame exclusively lies with him being a psychopath. She invited a celebrity over her apartment for dinner; she didn’t go for a stroll in a dangerous neighborhood at night in a teddy, and wasn’t seeking publicity. Listed as a Jane Doe plaintiff she’s not seeking publicity even now. Not even with him jettisoned out of state with his good name already wrecked and nowhere near the (public) presumption of innocence for Watson that first accuser went through.

Like most married guys’ wives here, Mrs. Sperm invited me over her apt for dinner before she really knew me. Looked at through the lens of this lawsuit, that was a real risk she took. Like the rest of us, I’ll let you guess what I didn’t do when she went to put makeup on in the bathroom, because I’m not a psychopath like Watson. Jane Doe didn’t think he was either.

Regardless of who it is, inviting anyone you’ve just met for the first time in a public place back to your home is never a good idea. This isn’t a case of two people meeting online and getting to know each other through text/email conversations, nor is it a case of being out in public a few times first and getting a feel for the person.

Per the story, they met for the first time briefly in a bar, he got her phone number and asked to meet again in public at a mall, at which point she declined and instead proceeded to invite him to her home. Within that context, I’m sure there are a lot of people in that scenario who would be thinking to themselves that they’re getting laid. Once in her home, Deshaun’s actions were obviously predatory and wrong, and the woman is clearly the victim, but she also shouldn’t have put herself in that situation to begin with.

If either my son or daughter invited an almost complete stranger to their place for privacy without having any other first hand knowledge of that person, I’d lose my damn mind on them.

On 9/12/2024 at 7:45 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Considering your first name is Sperm Im sure expectations were pretty high and it was a tense  moment none the less. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Regardless of who it is, inviting anyone you’ve just met for the first time in a public place back to your home is never a good idea. This isn’t a case of two people meeting online and getting to know each other through text/email conversations, nor is it a case of being out in public a few times first and getting a feel for the person.

Per the story, they met for the first time briefly in a bar, he got her phone number and asked to meet again in public at a mall, at which point she declined and instead proceeded to invite him to her home. Within that context, I’m sure there are a lot of people in that scenario who would be thinking to themselves that they’re getting laid. Once in her home, Deshaun’s actions were obviously predatory and wrong, and the woman is clearly the victim, but she also shouldn’t have put herself in that situation to begin with.

If either my son or daughter invited an almost complete stranger to their place for privacy without having any other first hand knowledge of that person, I’d lose my damn mind on them.

Her fault, got it.

On 9/10/2024 at 4:49 PM, slimjasi said:

Thank goodness we didn’t trade for this guy 

A LOT of Jets fans wanted to.

I would have given them up for good, rather than root with my daughters for that team.   We had a bunch of people over last week watching games, my older kids and buddies were amazed at how many Watson/Massage/A$$ jokes I can make in 3 hours.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chirorob said:

A LOT of Jets fans wanted to.

I would have given them up for good, rather than root with my daughters for that team.   We had a bunch of people over last week watching games, my older kids and buddies were amazed at how many Watson/Massage/A$$ jokes I can make in 3 hours.

Oh yeah, a lot of us were on board. I remember people on here being pretty hyped about possibly treading for him in January of 2021, maybe a month or so before the allegations surfaced. 

it’s wild how much his career has tanked. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Her fault, got it.

Not her fualt she was assaulted. Her fault for lacking reasonable judgement by inviting him into her home before vetting him properly in public.  They are not the same thing.

Further in a society of laws victims have a responsability.  To report the crime, give solid testamony quickly and honestly and testify at a criminal trial.    It's uncomfortable and a burden but it's absolutely necessary to reduce the damage these predators will continue to do.   It's a shared responsibility in a democracy that has a working justice system.

I don't know if she reported this to the police and provided details so that he could be arrested and charged?  It would be nice to know if she did and was ignored by the polic and the DA at the time.   If so it makes her attempt to win a monetary settlement much more credible. 

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

I’ll say it because I’m old as dirt and grew up in the 60’s and 70’s.   If a woman met me in a mall and I asked her on a date and she invited me to her apartment for diner I’m thinking she wants a hook up.

Granted the world has changed completely.  A single mother shouldn’t invite a man she just met to her house period.  In today’s world a single man shouldn’t except the invitation period.  The other side of it is in today’s world people who don’t know each other hook up all the time by mutual consent.  I suspect that’s what really happened here until I see evidence something else happened.

It’s hard to believe Watson isn’t a predator.  It’s also hard to believe that there are women out there who are single moms inviting athletes to diner at their house first time they met them who don’t have motives beyond a nice date and getting to know them better.

If he didn’t have history this story looks like he was a targeted mark.  Granted he has his history.

Also if he raped her, her attorney should be the DA not an ambulance chaser seeking monetary damages.  It always comes down to the money.

Fine, but would you be so aggressive in pursuing said hook up without testing the waters and getting some confirmation? My go to move was never just get naked and expect her to jump me. I just found being mellow and letting things happen naturally almost always worked.

I think the concept that a woman dating any type of celebrity by default has some hidden agenda ulterior motive is ludicrous. It's misogynistic and demeaning to women.

Seems like this happened when the others were so doubt he was "targeted"

Again the concept that the women are the predators just because they are famous is offensive. And also leads to the celebrity becoming the predator. There probably are some that do but the assumption that most are is ridiculous.

We do not know if she talked with a DA or not.

I will join the tin foil hat society here a little bit in that it would not surprise me if Cleveland did something to help this come forward.

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

screen-shot-2019-05-23-at-11-25-23-pm.png

Wait a minute, hold my beer.......

Even if we never sniff the playoffs with him - Not even top 5. 

We gave up a pick swap, and what ended up being 2 seconds. Now compare that to the Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson trades. 

You guys are so dramatic. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Not her fualt she was assaulted. Her fault for lacking reasonable judgement by inviting him into her home before vetting him properly in public.  They are not the same thing.

Further in a society of laws victims have a responsability.  To report the crime, give solid testamony quickly and honestly and testify at a criminal trial.    It's uncomfortable and a burden but it's absolutely necessary to reduce the damage these predators will continue to do.   It's a shared responsibility in a democracy that has a working justice system.

I don't know if she reported this to the police and provided details so that he could be arrested and charged?  It would be nice to know if she did and was ignored by the polic and the DA at the time.   If so it makes her attempt to win a monetary settlement much more credible. 

He's a well-known & charismatic celebrity who initially proposed they meet in a public place and who had (at the time) a squeaky-clean record. His public persona - at the time - was this is the kind of good egg you want your daughter to find for herself. 

(IF everything she alleges is true, about what happened in her apartment):

She is not responsible for getting raped, and she shares no responsibility for him forcibly sticking his dick in her against her will in any setting. It's not some mere coincidence that his behavior (as alleged) is criminal and her supposedly poor judgment is not.

Should Jane Doe have taken other precautions? That's an easy hindsight finger-wag based on the accusation, but what precautions would those be, other than having the do-over foresight to stay away from him altogether for her entire life? The whole "here's what she should've done" premise is just silly. The odds are stupidly low there would be ANY number of times she could meet him in public where she'd ever get the idea that this dirtbag will strip down to his bare ass if he ever came over her apartment, demand a naked butt massage, and then forcibly stick his dick into any orifice he pleases.

There's absolutely such a thing as good or bad judgment in many walks in life, and I'm a concerned parent myself. But is it really your assumption this public figure is going to show his private-setting deviance by acting a little bit rapey from across the table in a restaurant or at another very public place, even by a 5th date's conclusion? That's patently ridiculous to me, and it places an undue and unjust amount of blame on the victim here.

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Even if we never sniff the playoffs with him - Not even top 5. 

We gave up a pick swap, and what ended up being 2 seconds. Now compare that to the Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson trades. 

You guys are so dramatic. 

Nathaniel Hackett

Tim Boyle

Randall Cobb

Amos

Lizard

Really?  We took on a s#%^ load of bad for an old qb past his prime.

the picks were bad too 

it’s in the top 5 for sure

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Nathaniel Hackett

Tim Boyle

Randall Cobb

Amos

Lizard

Really?  We took on a s#%^ load of bad for an old qb past his prime.

the picks were bad too 

it’s in the top 5 for sure

Boyle and Cobb are confined to one season - one season where Rodgers was out after 4 plays, anyway. The issue is that Rodgers got hurt, not that we brought Cobb along with him (who probably would have been fine playing in a limited role with Rodgers last year, anyway). 

Lazard is probably going to have a good year playing with Rodgers this year, so we'll check back on him. 

Amos? Who cares? 

The picks were significantly less than a number of other high profile trades. Heck, we gave up less than the Seahawks did for Jamal Adams, who wasn't even a QB. The pick swap that everyone cried about may have cost us Broderick Jones who, according to rumors, is about to be benched: 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/news/steelers-planning-benching-broderick-jones-week-2-broncos/c567b60f5c1e87db236a5caa

It's not close to top 5, friend. 

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Her fault, got it.

Don't paint me as an a$$hole just because you can't stop writing essays enough to read. I clearly said that once inside their home, it wasn't her fault and that his actions were predatory and obviously wrong.

My point is a very simple one and is actually strengthened by the fact that this was a celebrity with a squeaky clean image and he still raped her:

Inviting complete strangers to your home is never a good idea. It is the equal but inverse version of what we tell all of our kids: "do not go to a stranger's home or get into their van".

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's a well-known & charismatic celebrity who initially proposed they meet in a public place and who had (at the time) a squeaky-clean record. His public persona - at the time - was this is the kind of good egg you want your daughter to find for herself. 

(IF everything she alleges is true, about what happened in her apartment):

She is not responsible for getting raped, and she shares no responsibility for him forcibly sticking his dick in her against her will in any setting. It's not some mere coincidence that his behavior (as alleged) is criminal and her supposedly poor judgment is not.

Should Jane Doe have taken other precautions? That's an easy hindsight finger-wag based on the accusation, but what precautions would those be, other than having the do-over foresight to stay away from him altogether for her entire life? The whole "here's what she should've done" premise is just silly. The odds are stupidly low there would be ANY number of times she could meet him in public where she'd ever get the idea that this dirtbag will strip down to his bare ass if he ever came over her apartment, demand a naked butt massage, and then forcibly stick his dick into any orifice he pleases.

There's absolutely such a thing as good or bad judgment in many walks in life, and I'm a concerned parent myself. But is it really your assumption this public figure is going to show his private-setting deviance by acting a little bit rapey from across the table in a restaurant or at another very public place, even by a 5th date's conclusion? That's patently ridiculous to me, and it places an undue and unjust amount of blame on the victim here.

Who said she was respoonsible for getting raped?  You like to type.  And the idea that there is no such thing as good or bad judgement in life is nonsense.  

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Don't paint me as an a$$hole just because you can't stop writing essays enough to read. I clearly said that once inside their home, it wasn't her fault and that his actions were predatory and obviously wrong.

My point is a very simple one and is actually strengthened by the fact that this was a celebrity with a squeaky clean image and he still raped her:

Inviting complete strangers to your home is never a good idea. It is the equal but inverse version of what we tell all of our kids: "do not go to a stranger's home or get into their van".

My point was different:

Even if he's not a stranger - even if she went out with him 5x - this is what this creep does.

There's no indication he shows his hand in public, what he's going to do when it's just him & one female in a room/apt with the doors and windows closed.

There's no amount of getting to know him that would've protected her from this. That was my point. 

And how dare you criticize my essays!

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Fine, but would you be so aggressive in pursuing said hook up without testing the waters and getting some confirmation? My go to move was never just get naked and expect her to jump me. I just found being mellow and letting things happen naturally almost always worked.

I think the concept that a woman dating any type of celebrity by default has some hidden agenda ulterior motive is ludicrous. It's misogynistic and demeaning to women.

Seems like this happened when the others were so doubt he was "targeted"

Again the concept that the women are the predators just because they are famous is offensive. And also leads to the celebrity becoming the predator. There probably are some that do but the assumption that most are is ridiculous.

We do not know if she talked with a DA or not.

I will join the tin foil hat society here a little bit in that it would not surprise me if Cleveland did something to help this come forward.

That's her story.  She invited him in.  You don't know what else she invited him to do.  You're assuming that what was alleged in the law suit in 2024 is what happened in 2020 verbatim.  We don't know that.  I suspect it will never go to trial.  TBD...

Just now, Biggs said:

That's her story.  She invited him in.  You don't know what else she invited him to do.  You're assuming that what was alleged in the law suit in 2024 is what happened in 2020 verbatim.  We don't know that.  I suspect it will never go to trial.  TBD...

And she wasn't even wearing a garlic necklace -- the fool!

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

My point was different:

Even if he's not a stranger - even if she went out with him 5x - this is what this creep does.

There's no indication he shows his hand in public, what he's going to do when it's just him & one female in a room/apt with the doors and windows closed.

There's no amount of getting to know him that would've protected her from this. That was my point. 

And how dare you criticize my essays!

Who knew it was until this post.  Thank you.

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2024 at 4:06 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s a freaking lawsuit.  If the nfl tries to suspend over a civil suit the NFLPA needs to do it’s job and get it thrown out

yea anybody can make a claim. hell the browns could file a bogus claim just to weasel out of the contract. i dont think a claim is enough to crush the deal. it would have to a criminal indictment at the least

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

yea anybody can make a claim. hell the browns could file a bogus claim just to weasel out of the contract. i dont think a claim is enough to crush the deal. it would have to a criminal indictment at the least

the Browns claiming he’s abusing them is a winner.