I Love It..PLEASE MAKE HAPPEN

bman

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who would you rather have on DAY 1...

on the premise that both will start (hopefully)...

Bush, Mcneill

or BRICk, Maroney...

BUSH/Mcneil would be an AMAZING draft, let alone day 1 if both start..

Look back through the history of the last 5 years! Jets have only found 2 starters in the same draft 1 time...

Bush will transform out offense overnight..It a frikking no brainer!

the offense sucks!

That's pure insanity.

Without an o-line, a so-called franchise RB is a mute point.

Behind a strong line, there are very few differences between a Houston and a Bush.

The holes open up...you run through 'em.

OMG!!!

First I agree with TX now Fred Jetstone..

I must be losing it.

BZ

Cedric Houston and Reggie Bush are the same????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oh My GOd..

Just b/c we trade up for Bush doesn't mean we are NOT addressing the OL too..

we need 1 starter..a RT...Lets draft that RT at 35???

draft another OL in rd 4/5

Maybe even sign another 1 after June 1st!

I'm all for that...Just not at 4 or 29...

trade those 2 for the guy who is without a doubt the biggest playmaker in the draft.

honestly, this is beyond rediculous!..Unless Mangini is in the room reading our insightful threoris, this is all BS...

I will NOT spend all of next week posting why the jets NEED to draft Bush...Hopefully they will..

I am off tomorrow.

Have a good weekend,.,,I'm off to get sloshed!

BZ,BOB are you guys O.K are you guys under the weather or something agreeing with fred is insanity.And if fred did have a moment of sanity it's b/c the crack dealer was out.

Sorry, he is right on.

This team does NOT NEED A BIG SUPERSTAR RB.

He would get tackled 3 years in the backfield and have a 3.1 ypc.

This team needs a great offensive and defensive line that can make big holes for any old RB to run through.

Build from the core.

BZ

honestly, this is beyond rediculous!..Unless Mangini is in the room reading our insightful threoris, this is all BS...

I will NOT spend all of next week posting why the jets NEED to draft Bush...Hopefully they will..

I am off tomorrow.

Have a good weekend,.,,I'm off to get sloshed!

haha, so Mangini needs to answer to you now? You've already spent more time posting in this thread than the rest of us combined will for the rest of the week and next week. Stop crying just because you're stupid and nobody else is as stupid as you are.

Yep, Mangini should take the advice of someone that gets sloshed thursday afternoon as his only football qualification. I don't see how getting sloshed thursday afternoon qualifies you as a football draft expert, or rather qualifies you for anything.

who would you rather have on DAY 1...

on the premise that both will start (hopefully)...

Bush, Mcneill

or BRICk, Maroney...

BUSH/Mcneil would be an AMAZING draft, let alone day 1 if both start..

Look back through the history of the last 5 years! Jets have only found 2 starters in the same draft 1 time...

Bush will transform out offense overnight..It a frikking no brainer!

the offense sucks!

Your premise is already faulted. It's not just Brick and Maroney... it's those two plus who ever is chosen at 35.

And, do you really want the Jets to turn into the Lions of the 1990's? One great player and nothing else? MInd you, Barry had Lomas Brown, who was a far superior tackle to what McNeil could even dream of being. I'd rather the team be built a different way, thanks. I've seen it fail once... I'd rather not see it fail again.

How much less would we have to give up if we had lost that last win last year? Anyway, if we made the trade, there's no guarantee that McNeill is still there when we're looking for him. Houston will definitely be thinking about him at 33 even if they took d'brick at 4.

Phenominal post (especially with your fancy colors and fonts) in a very good football thread.

Get the hint yet?:eek:

glad you like them... it is sooooooo hard to remember them... i have to actually look back at my other posts to see what color i picked!!

i am soooo glad you noticed!! you are a REAL friend, Tx!!! wanna be penpals?

glad you like them... it is sooooooo hard to remember them... i have to actually look back at my other posts to see what color i picked!!

i am soooo glad you noticed!! you are a REAL friend, Tx!!! wanna be penpals?

Oh for cryin out loud, you sound just like my floozy secretary from Texas.

You just ruined the reputation for all native New Englanders.:eek:

Oh for cryin out loud, you sound just like my floozy secretary from Texas.

You just ruined the reputation for all native New Englanders.:eek:

i dont know what is worse ...calling me a native new englander... or thinking that i would EVER consider working for you.. LOL

and i guess that means no penpal... darn what am i going to do with all these stamps now???? :lol:

How much less would we have to give up if we had lost that last win last year? Anyway, if we made the trade, there's no guarantee that McNeill is still there when we're looking for him. Houston will definitely be thinking about him at 33 even if they took d'brick at 4.

thats what we should be gunning for - 2 blue chip o Line guys. this is rebuilding like it or not. next year, there is another draft you know ...

I'd just like to go on the record as saying that I hope the Jets do trade both 4, 29, 117, and a future 2nd for the #1 pick and Reggie Bush.

Please, please, please do so. I cannot emphasize this enough. It would make the D-Rob trade look like the work of an amateur screwup, and Terry Bradway was very much a professional at that.

Sweet mother of Joe Montana, I hope this happens. This has GOT to happen.

It sounds like Denver is hot and heavy for the Vernon Davis.

If so something like the Jets #4 for the Broncos #15, #37, and #68 would TERRIFY me.

That'd give you guys #15, #29, #35, #37, #71, and #97.

That's a frightening first day in my book, particularly as you could easilly move up some of those high 2nd rounders, or one of your 1sts.

Hey Richardseymour,

I understand that the wives of pats fans refer to their husbands as "minute men".

This has nothing to do with Patriotism or US history, but rather...their performance in the sack.

Hahahahaaaa.

Hey RichardSeymour - Pat fan - Minute man - there must be a pill or something you could take, no?

Serphnx called me stupid in an earlier post..so I had to find one of his brilliant ones.!!!

Sorry..i guess I'll write about these great topics like you fatboy!..

SERPHNX

I think they're overpriced. Quiznos was okay...

I think they're overpriced. Quiznos was okay just because it was the only chain that toasted their subs, and the major chain style sandwich places need to be toasted. But now Subway toasts too, so...

so bman, in theory which is the better O?

an o line with 5 probowlers and an aging curtis martin OR

the rutgers O line with reggie bush?

Holy crap. DK and I see eye to eye on this.

1) We are NOT winning the superbowl this year.

2) We are rebuilding this year. That is what cheap, hold-the-fort veterans are for; and that's what we've signed.

3) With a top-notch OL, you don't need a 1st-round or early 2nd-round HB. Otherwise what happens to your team with a single injury to your star HB? Or is Reggie Bush injury-proof?

4) There are HB's all over the league & draft that could excel in the right situation.

bman, go to www.drafthistory.com and let me know where these guys were drafted:

Terrell Davis

Olandis Gary

Mike Anderson

Domanick Davis

Rudi Johnson

Willie Parker

Jamal Anderson

Curtis Martin

Priest Holmes

Ahman Green

Dorsey Levens

Brian Westbrook

Reuben Droughns

Duce Staley

Stephen Davis

Adrian Murrell

Edgar Bennett

Chris Warren

Barry Foster

Johnny Johnson

Terry Allen

(hint: not one of them was taken before round 3)

Then look up:

JJ Arrington

Eric Shelton

Chris Perry

Tatum Bell

William Green

TJ Duckett

DeShaun Foster

Michael Bennett

Thomas Jones

Ron Dayne

Trung Canidate

JJ Johnson

Curtis Enis

John Avery

Robert Holcombe

Lawrence Phillips

Tim Biakabutuka

Leeland McElroy

KiJana Carter

Tyrone Wheatley

Napoleon Kaufman

Rashaan Salaam

Ray Zellars

Sherman Williams

Greg Hill

William Floyd

Chuck Levy

Mario Bates

Tommy Vardell

Troy Smith

Vaughn Dunbar

Amp Lee

Leonard Russell

Jarrod Bunch

Blair Thomas

Darrell Thompson

Steve Broussard

Dexter Carter

Reggie Cobb

Anthony Thompson

Tim Worley

Sammy Smith

Cleveland Gary

(hint: they were all 1st rounders & high 2nd-rounders)

I think Reggie Bush could be really great. Maybe an all-time great. I also think that teams without him, who have top-notch offensive and/or defensive lines, will still win the superbowls.

Sperm, last year Tampa Bay drafted Cadillac Williams and Miami drafted Ronnie Brown both in Round 1. How did that work out?

They were ok. Hardly elite.

But as soon as Tampa started playing teams other than their September doormat opponents, the deficiencies in their OL were obvious & Williams didn't rescue them.

In Miami, Ronnie Brown was only 1/2 the carries before he got injured. When he carried the load all by himself in the beginning of the year (during Ricky's suspension) he was nothing special at all. Look at Miami's final scores also. 4 of their wins were by 3 pts or less, and another by 4 pts. They hardly dominated.

I notice you also consipicuously left out Cedric Benson.

Archived