Jets will beat Patriots on Thursday night. Final Score: 27-10

Alka

4 hours ago, Alka said:

As I have stated, I will continue my prognostication of the Jets until I lose a game.  And if I lose,  no more threads on Jets predictions for the remainder of the season.

Game #1:   Prediction:  49ers  31   Jets 27            Actual Result:  49ers 32   Jets 19

Game #2 Prediction:    Jets 23     Titans 16           Actual Result:  Jets  24    Titans 17

In this game against the Patriots, the Patriots will try to pound the ball with the run, as they have been very successful so far.  The Jets will load the box with 8 if they have to, and force the Patriots into throwing the ball.  If the Jets can play mistake free football, I feel that the outcome should not be in doubt.  The Jets will continue to find itself on offense, and I see the O line opening up more holes as the game goes on. 

Final Score:   Jets 27   Patriots  10

I was sort of hoping for 87-0 but I will be happy if your prediction comes true.

This game is no walk in the park.

I think Mayo will be a good HC, much like Mike Vrabel.

Divisional games are always tough.

We have to play sound, disciplined football, on both sides of the ball to come out of Thursday night with a W.

I think the Jets can win, but I see it being a lot closer then 27-10.

• Upvote 1

LOL

I'd settle for a 2-0 scoreline as long as it's a Jets W

Brissett is about the best you could ask for in terms of a defensive-minded HC's "bridge" QB

He has no ego, will run whatever's called, won't make high-risk throws, and is pretty good at avoiding sacks + turnovers.

He's brought some stability and leadership to the QB position there apparently, even though he's obviously one of the least talented starting QBs in the league.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I think Mayo will be a good HC, much like Mike Vrabel.

Who knows but he seems to at least have a clue as to what he's doing after 2 games.

Seattle is the better team on paper, so for NE to take it to OT shows he had the team prepared and ready to play ball.

I don't think he would ever come here because of his strong NE ties, but Vrabel would be among my top choices to replace Coach Bobby.

(Maybe he's pissed enough about not even being considered for the NE job that he'd take the Jets job and have a chip on his shoulder.)

He's a lowkey very smart, no-nonsense HC.

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Who knows but he seems to at least have a clue as to what he's doing after 2 games.

Seattle is the better team on paper, so for NE to take it to OT shows he had the team prepared and ready to play ball.

I don't think he would ever come here because of his strong NE ties, but Vrabel would be among my top choices to replace Coach Bobby.

(Maybe he's pissed enough about not even being considered for the NE job that he'd take the Jets job and have a chip on his shoulder.)

He's a lowkey very smart, no-nonsense HC.

I think Vrabel would be a good choice as well.

• Upvote 1

Good teams stomp on bad teams necks, and don't let them compete.

Pats are supposed to be a bad team, a #1 pick competitor by year's end.

Jets are supposed to be a good team, a possible Super Bowl competitor.

I hope we can stomp them.  And we should, we've much, much better...on paper.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

think it is more a  16-13 game.

I think if this was 2023, and Zach Wilson was the QB, and the offensive line was the line from last year, then we would be all praying that the Jets could win 16-13.

This is 2024, and against a solid SF team, we got more than 16 (19), and against a stout defense in Tennessee, we got more than 16 (24).

Our O line is much better, and will continue to improve, and we got a real QB.  He will get better as well, I predict.  I will stick with my 27.  Seattle got more than 16 points by the way as well.

Hey, we will see!  That's why they play the games.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alka said:

I think if this was 2023, and Zach Wilson was the QB, and the offensive line was the line from last year, then we would be all praying that the Jets could win 16-13.

This is 2024, and against a solid SF team, we got more than 16 (19), and against a stout defense in Tennessee, we got more than 16 (24).

Our O line is much better, and will continue to improve, and we got a real QB.  He will get better as well, I predict.  I will stick with my 27.  Seattle got more than 16 points by the way as well.

Hey, we will see!  That's why they play the games.  

That is why they play the game.

The Titans do not have a stout D.  Again, I think the Jets win the game.  Like I said, if Breece goes off then I think the Jets could win comfortably.

My main push back is the Jets D. It is not as good.  A second string RB runs for 147. Ok, it is the 49ers.  The Titans ran on you.  That is the one thing the Patriots have done well.

I think the Patriots control the clock.  I think A-A-Ron gets more comfortable. I still see a low scoring game.

15 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

My main push back is the Jets D. It is not as good.  A second string RB runs for 147. Ok, it is the 49ers.  The Titans ran on you.  That is the one thing the Patriots have done well.

My push back on you is that the Patriots passing game is atrocious.  The Patriots had 149 passing yards against the Seahawks, but 109 of those yards happened with Henry, their tight end.  If the Jets can slow down Henry, then it changes the dynamic of the run.  If you can't throw the ball, then put 8 in the box, and the run becomes less effective.

Again, we will see.  

1 hour ago, Alka said:

My push back on you is that the Patriots passing game is atrocious.  The Patriots had 149 passing yards against the Seahawks, but 109 of those yards happened with Henry, their tight end.  If the Jets can slow down Henry, then it changes the dynamic of the run.  If you can't throw the ball, then put 8 in the box, and the run becomes less effective.

Again, we will see.  

It is.  The Patriots had 121 yards in week one with Henry going for 18.  This is not newsworthy.  Going into the season they had a JAG QB, shaky OL and nothing spectacular at receiver.  This is still true.  Brissett has 270 yards ahead of only Caleb, Bryce and Jordan Love.  It is not going to be a Top 10 passing attack much less Top 20.  Who is Sauce going to shutdown?  KJ Osborn?  Nothing burger.

The Patriots have not made any bones about what they are.  A running team.  If the Jets struggle and the Patriots can go for well over 100, this is going to be a game.   If not, yeah it could be a blowout.  Especially, if Rodgers looks more comfortable.

I think the Patriots are playing as well as they can with Brissett and as a team.  I think Drake would add a dimension to the offense, but I digress.  I do not think the Jets are playing as well as they can,  I think they make a few more plays.