Milton

whodeawhodat

I'm on the East Coast right by where Milton crossed over and is now heading to the Atlantic. Looks like it's starting to calm down now. LOTS of tornados in really random places in Florida. West Coast looks pretty bad. Glad I got shutters up, though, lots of trees down and debris all over the place. Looks like I lost a couple of downspouts from my gutters and a couple of trees, otherwise we were pretty lucky. No power outages for us as of this morning, our area is all newer development and lines are below-ground. 

Lots of people with no power this morning, 3.3m with no service per news. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, peebag said:

I saw the remnants of Hurricane Ike around Galveston TX a few years back.

No way in hell would I ride out a hurricane the size of Milton.

Those in the path of Milton please be safe.

I lived the aftermath of Ike in Galveston, not pretty, boats, toilets and appliances strewn across the island, no power, blazing heat and mosquito’s!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tornado touched down near friends of mine in Wellington causing lots of damage.  I’m in Boca Raton, not too far south but we had nothing. 
Glad everyone’s safe

Video of results of tornado damage from Wellington:

There used to be a restaurant named Pete’s in boca.

it was right next to a hotel

any chance it is still there?

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It’s not lol. That was on Glades- closed a long time ago. There was a Pete Roses too. And a Wilt Chamberlians. Atlantic Ave in Delray is the place now.

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

I don’t know it, I defer to Matt who at least remembers it.

11 hours ago, Trotter said:

I was at Pete’s in the 90’s.

women were stunning - then the guys I was with told me it was plastic surgery heaven

umreal place

Lots of stunning women, many of them are the products of wealthy men and their plastic surgeons.  

I'm on the East Coast right by where Milton crossed over and is now heading to the Atlantic. Looks like it's starting to calm down now. LOTS of tornados in really random places in Florida. West Coast looks pretty bad. Glad I got shutters up, though, lots of trees down and debris all over the place. Looks like I lost a couple of downspouts from my gutters and a couple of trees, otherwise we were pretty lucky. No power outages for us as of this morning, our area is all newer development and lines are below-ground. 

Lots of people with no power this morning, 3.3m with no service per news. 
Great to hear .. downspouts are a 15 min fix. Bullet Dodged.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lots of stunning women, many of them are the products of wealthy men and their plastic surgeons.  

these women were christie brinkley gorgeous and not the botox filler crap that you see today. 

When you got up close they were in their 60's and 70's but looked in their 40's. Whoever their surgeons were were damn good.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

these women were christie brinkley gorgeous and not the botox filler crap that you see today. 

When you got up close they were in their 60's and 70's but looked in their 40's. Whoever their surgeons were were damn good.  

It’s good to have money 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Next week's entertainment. Looks like same path as Helene.

IMG_0135.jpeg

This is what the NOAA is saying this morning, basically a 50% chance of becoming a named storm in the next 48 hours and/or seven days. I watch these closely. Both Helene and Milton slipped right past me in the Riviera Maya with tropical storm strength. Water temps by me are 30°c (86°f), providing a boost to any storm interested in forming. 

IMG_0224.png