Adams immediately agrees to a new contract.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but Garrett Wilson is elite. I’ve seen him dominate with all manner of sh*tty QB and it was depressing last night listening to Troy Aikman—who once called Wilson the best young receiver he’s ever seen—question whether Wilson had “regressed.” You look at the Packers receivers now and they all look like #1’s with Jordan Love playing, but they were all dogsh*t pariahs with Rodgers. 

Those guys hang onto the ball with Love. Wilson is Charmin soft.

6_ultrasoft_soft.jpg

• Haha 1

apparently this trade gives adams a three year contract with the jets.  i am wondering if rodgers is thinking of playing another two season.  could be good especially if jordan is showing promise as the future qb.  and even if he isn't the jets could draft another qb to sit behind rodgers last season.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, jgb said:

Cashing in your 401k for PowerBall tickets also doesn't matter.... if you win the jackpot.

Sure if the 401k is a 5 month investment that in no way actually impacts my life. Sitting around and caring about Woody’s money, salary cap and draft capital is cool except all that actually matters is if I get to watch a playoff game. There are no real stakes to us as fans and that’s the beauty of going all in chaotically. 

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Adams not wanting to play for LV wasn't about money though. It was about this guy:

FB_IMG_1718927497981.jpg.6504b3d89e549750068fb5e3e0b04c14.jpg

My point is he got terms of an extension agreed as part of the trade this time around.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Sure if the 401k is a 5 month investment that in no way actually impacts my life. Sitting around and caring about Woody’s money, salary cap and draft capital is cool except all that actually matters is if I get to watch a playoff game. There are no real stakes to us as fans and that’s the beauty of going all in chaotically. 

Bad choices lead to a worse product, of which you are an enthusiastic consumer.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Adams not wanting to play for LV wasn't about money though. It was about this guy:

FB_IMG_1718927497981.jpg.6504b3d89e549750068fb5e3e0b04c14.jpg

Is this AI? What were the prompts? 

ChatGPT, created me a Raiders QB who looks like prison rapist combined with a Brett shampoo model from the 70's.

I love this new tech

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Kicked a bunch of Adams money into the future because the other WRs he paid to bring in weren’t adequate and the WRs he drafted can’t play with the QB he traded for to replace the megabust QB he drafted and now he’ll use the money he saved this year to maybe pay off the LB he traded for in the offseason who never showed up

Funny, Brady was the same way, he needed precision from his wrs and didn’t tolerate anything else.  That said, we’re in the intermediate phase of the never ending circle, and when they don’t make the playoffs we’ll be that much closer to a full rebuild again

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

Does the new deal guarantee him any more money this season or guaranteed money in future seasons?

I know what you know. Seems they agreed to restructure him to accelerate some money to spread it out over a couple years. 

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Bad choices lead to a worse product, of which you are an enthusiastic consumer.

Sweet can you tell me which are the good choices ahead of time? Fandom is absurd and given this situation what is the cashed in 401k? The cap space? They have plenty. The draft picks? Even the best are batting .300 in the draft. The only thing on the line is JD’s job and that’s not particularly valuable to me. 

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I know what you know. Seems they agreed to restructure him to accelerate some money to spread it out over a couple years. 

I don't think it gives Adams any more money this year or guarantees him salary for services after those performed this year. 

I don't think it gives Adams any more money this year or guarantees him salary for services after thise performed year. 

Not my understanding, but point is they had an agreement in hand before the deal was consummated. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not my understanding, but point is they had an agreement in hand before the deal was consummated. 

I guess my point is that Reddick's situation and Adams situation aren't comparable. Adams wasn't holding out because he was unhappy with his contract. He technically wasn't holding out at all.

I guess my point is that Reddick's situation and Adams situation aren't comparable. Adams wasn't holding out because he was unhappy with his contract. He technically wasn't holding out at all.

One thing I've said is JD does seem to have the capacity to learn from his mistakes. Obviously they worked out an acceptable contract situation before pulling the trigger on the Adams trade.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Funny, Brady was the same way, he needed precision from his wrs and didn’t tolerate anything else.  That said, we’re in the intermediate phase of the never ending circle, and when they don’t make the playoffs we’ll be that much closer to a full rebuild again

With Brady, if you were supposed to be at eight yards, you had to get to eight yards because the ball was coming to you consistently. With Rodgers, he wants you to play improv football with him all the time, which takes a long time to figure out. It took Davante two-plus seasons to become an effective receiver in that system. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

With Brady, if you were supposed to be at eight yards, you had to get to eight yards because the ball was coming to you consistently. With Rodgers, he wants you to play improv football with him all the time, which takes a long time to figure out. It took Davante two-plus seasons to become an effective receiver in that system. 

Too bad Rodgers isn't a Vulcan.

Star Trek GIFs

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

One thing I've said is JD does seem to have the capacity to learn from his mistakes. Obviously they worked out an acceptable contract situation before pulling the trigger on the Adams trade.

What had to be worked out was the cap number, not additional comp for Adams.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I been wanting to type this here all season but sometimes you just get tired of trying to logic with the arm chair fans on certain key points 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I already did. Don't draft Becton over Wirfs and stay the eff away from Zach Wilson.

Staying away from any quarterback at any point of the draft is safe it’s what the Chris Ballard has done for most of his tenure. Good way to keep a job but who cares about GMs keeping a job. 

Meh… Wirfs wasn’t consensus. I agree I would’ve taken Wirfs but he was OT 3/4 in that draft by consensus. He was OT1 in my heart. 

But what’s the cost of going all in right now? Like what is sacrificed?

Just now, kdels62 said:

Staying away from any quarterback at any point of the draft is safe it’s what the Chris Ballard has done for most of his tenure. Good way to keep a job but who cares about GMs keeping a job. 

Meh… Wirfs wasn’t consensus. I agree I would’ve taken Wirfs but he was OT 3/4 in that draft by consensus. He was OT1 in my heart. 

But what’s the cost of going all in right now? Like what is sacrificed?

You asked where I have called bad decisions ahead of time, I have provided two. The fact they were against consensus, I think, gives me bonus points.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers is also severely unclutch. 21 fourth quarter comebacks in his career is low. He’s definitely more comfortable as a front runner. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, kdels62 said:

Rodgers is also severely unclutch. 21 fourth quarter comebacks in his career is low. He’s definitely more comfortable as a front runner. 

Not disputing that figure but it requires context. If you are winning most of your games convincingly, not many opportunities for 4th quarter comebacks. I'd like to know his success percentage playing behind in 4th quarter versus other QBs. Not asking you to go fetch that data, just that a raw number without context doesn't sway me much.