Jets bring in 3 kickers

The New York Jets could be looking for a change at kicker. After Greg Zuerlein missed a pair of kicks, both off of the upright, against the Buffalo Bills on Monday night, The Jets brought in three kickers for a workout ahead of Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers, according to Field Yates of ESPN.

Cade York, Riley Patterson and Matt Coghlin all worked out in New York. It remains to be seen if the Jets will bring one of them in to challenge Zuerlein for the job. Zuerlein’s misses — which came from 32 and 43 yards — were very costly in a 23-20 loss that could have put the Jets into first place in the AFC East.

York started the season on the Washington Commanders’ roster, but was cut after missing two field goals in the season opener. He previously kicked for the Cleveland Browns in 2022, finishing 24-for-32 on field goals and 35-for-37 on extra points.

Patterson has the best track record out of the three, as he has made 59 out of 67 field goals and 93-of-97 extra points across three seasons with three teams. Coghlin kicked for five seasons at Michigan State from 2017-21 and has kicked in both the USFL and the UFL since then.

• Upvote 1

After Ulbrich’s public show of support for the leg, I’m glad to hear they’ve brought in some potential alternatives. Bare minimum, I’d like to see one added to the practice squad. 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You miss kicks and lose games you are on thin ice.   He (Zuerlein) better be 100% good this next game or he is gone.

I’m very worried Greg Focker costs us a third game this Sunday.  The Steelers game has low scoring defensive struggle written all over it and all it takes is one bad kick