NY POST "Woody Johnson has turned the Jets into a dysfunctional mess"

2 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Honest question: were the Jets a winning powerhouse franchise and Woody touched it and it sucked? I have no allegiance to Johnson & Johnson, but there seems to be, like always, this fantasy that the Jets were winners before the old pathetic man got involved. 

The Jets have always been, and I dare to say will always be, losers. Nothing personal. That's just their thing. Yankees for whatever reason are attached to the image of winning. Same thing with Real Madrid, and many other clubs. The Jets are just the losers of the sports realm. 

Are you saying they are cursed? That the team colors color their performance? That Jet HQ is haunted?

Loser mentality starts at the top. It can be changed.

You have to give him credit for this past few weeks. He's not sitting still and is pulling out all stops to turn things around and make it work.And if it doesn't he really looks bad. He's gotten personally involved. After they committed themselves to Rodgers pretty much 100 %. He fired the HC a guy with a bad record the timing might be weird but you can't say he didn't deserve it. It seems like he has overstepped on the GM and kind of taken over. He traded for Adams and signed Reddick. And the team still loses. It's not over yet but if they lose to NEP on Sunday it is. 

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

Pittsburgh isnt that good and we gave up 37 points. the most all year. 

SF kicked 6 FG for 18 pts. scored 2 TDs

Pitt kicked 3 for 9 pts. scored 4 TDs.

which is better to you?

The INTs had nothing to do with the Steelers scoring 37?

• Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The INTs had nothing to do with the Steelers scoring 37?

Rodgers had one INT vs SF that was about midfield and one vs Pitt at midfield. then the other INT was returned to the one yard line...

but Hall Fumbled at the 32 vs SF and the defense held them to 4 and out and they kicked a FG.

so that about evens it out.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

Rodgers had one INT vs SF that was about midfield and one vs Pitt at midfield. then the other INT was returned to the one yard line...

but Hall Fumbled at the 32 vs SF and the defense held them to 4 and out and they kicked a FG.

so that about evens it out.

The 49ers scored on 8 straight drives against our vaunted defense.  Again, that was without their star RB.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Are you saying they are cursed? That the team colors color their performance? That Jet HQ is haunted?

Loser mentality starts at the top. It can be changed.

Curses are real, but that's not what happens to the Jets. For the Jets, being listed is not a course, it's just their nature. Like some companies are are always off poor quality, while others are always of great quality. 

Bad news for the Jets, you can't force ownership

4 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Woody is the worst owner is sports.

But most of this is on Douglas. Woody didn’t mettle (this time) until it was clear that the Jets were not a playoff caliber team. Douglas has had five years to build this and things haven’t improved.

Which brings us to drafting Zach Wilson. An unconscionable and unrecoverable unforced error. 

Last, the “fix” for the Zach Wilson mistake was a trade for a washed up player that no other team wanted. 

Zach was the biggest Hail Mary draft pick in history, said without exaggeration. Picking Becton over Wirfs was in a way even worse because Wirfs was basically a lock to be a perennial pro bowler that JD threw away for the 0.4% chance Becton would be better.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Zach was the biggest Hail Mary draft pick in history, said without exaggeration. Picking Becton over Wirfs was in a way even worse because Wirfs was basically a lock to be a perennial pro bowler that JD threw away for the 0.4% chance Becton was better.

Zach was probably the consensus #2 overall pick.  

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach was probably the consensus #2 overall pick.  

Became a self-fulfilling prophesy once Jets’ lust became known. But that aside, GM’s job is to pick the right guy. If I — a fan who doesn’t even live in the US and watches hardly any college ball — called it better than he, he’s unqualified.

But I could forgive that — gotta take big swings on QB. But taking Becton over Wirfs was unconscionable.

Just now, jgb said:

Became a self-fulfilling prophesy once jets must became known. But that aside, GM’s job is to pick the right guy. If I — a fan who doesn’t even live in the US and watched hardly any college ball — called it better than he, he’s unqualified.

Lol, sure.  

Class and leadership and alpha are real things with real impact on people  To have made it this far into the NFL, players, coaches, front office types etc all have to have been exposed to, influenced by, and motivated by this fact of nature.

Then there is Woody.  Woody talks, Woody hangs around, Woody "oversees" and all around him are exposed to him.  It dawns on them that they are playing under a cloud. 

Despite this guys like Rex (initially) and Parcells were able to get the best out of all of them.  There is noone here even close to like that here now.          

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

im with you. i am glad im not the only one to see that firing Saleh at 2-3 was stupid.

Costello hit it on the head about the players Loving Saleh. you dont fire a HC that the team loves that is 2-3 playing for 1st place. and do you know how i know they loved him ? we never got that new HC bump. i forgot what the stats are but they are ridiculously in favor of a win the 1st game of a interim HC. the reason is they hate there HC and are glad a he got fired. not here. they loved Saleh. 

i see alot of Nostradamus's here telling us that now they knew Ulbrich wasnt going to do anything. he doesnt have a magic wand, the firing of Saleh was just for show...blah, blah, blah......

so then why fire Saleh at 2-3 if you all new Ulbrich would lose the next few games? you guys hated Saleh so much you were willing to give up the season at 2-3? wouldnt it be better to keep Saleh so the CS is intact? 

Belichick said it. did anyone even think about having a HC who is not giving up his DC position? Tony Dungy said its a hell of a lot of work for one man to do. but hey we dont listen to 2 ex HCs who know all about the work that these guys do. no Woody listens to the fans. i swear he came on here that Monday and saw the 10 fire Saleh posts and gave the fans what they wanted without thinking about how the players, GM or how the coaching staff was going to be without Saleh.

and the defense is worst without Saleh. what a surprise.

Saleh sucked and I don't care if the players liked or loved the coach. They sucked on the field for over 3 years. His ceiling was mediocrity and his teams have been weak minded, unprepared and undisciplined and it wasn't going to be any different this year either. The team has sucked under Ulbrich these last 2 games but it's been 2 games so I guess we see what he's got the next 10 games. Chances are they blow the entire thing up after the season anyway. 

• Upvote 1

Became a self-fulfilling prophesy once Jets’ lust became known. But that aside, GM’s job is to pick the right guy. If I — a fan who doesn’t even live in the US and watches hardly any college ball — called it better than he, he’s unqualified.
But I could forgive that — gotta take big swings on QB. But taking Becton over Wirfs was unconscionable.
This I have to agree with .. I was blown away they went with a guy that obviously had issues... Over wirfs ... A rock.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just now, Dunnie said:

This I have to agree with .. I was blown away they went with a guy that obviously had issues.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Becton over Wirfs was the worst pick of JD's tenure on a risk/reward basis with the information known at the time of the pick. Just a wild, reckless, drunken swing.