This is Not on Joe Douglas

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets are indeed the problem.  They keep drafting sh*tty QBs high in the draft and passing/missing out on good ones.

And none of them ever move on to NFL teams and play better?

13 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Joe Douglas has been incompetent at his job, and is about to leave the team in an even worse situation than he inherited, which is no easy task.

He has been consistently terrible at nearly everything since the day he started, and the only insistence around here otherwise seems to be completely dependent on this fans' hardcore fetish for fat, white guys.

GIF by South Park

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

And none of them ever move on to NFL teams and play better?

9 years and 3 teams later?  Sure.  One of them did it.  If that’s your big case that it’s coaching more than talent evaluation being the bigger problem, it’s a very weak case my guy.  

The 3 worst picks in Jets’ history all happened in the last decade:  Hackenberg, Adams, Zach Wilson.  Check out how those careers have gone!  

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Corley is likely not an NFL caliber player. Deebo was a great college player. Corley isn’t playing because he probably doesn’t belong. They’re not keeping him off of the field for the hell of it.

This is the jets dude, they have no clue what they are doing half the time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I have to laugh every time one of you goobers starts are thread that can be summarized as, “Don’t believe your eyes, ladies and gentlemen, I’ll now reveal the real reasons we suck!” 

I mean, imagine being a grown man and not understanding that a failing organization has multiple points of weakness/dysfunction and not just 1 specific person to blame.

It's Woody dude stop. The dude is literally a grown adult man wearing a gold chain with his name hanging out with 50 cent. 

Can you imagine woody even telling you how to make a pb& j sandwich or how to change a tire. 

Woody= Fredo

• Thumb Down 1
  • En Fuego 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 98jetsoasis said:

It's Woody dude stop. The dude is literally a grown adult man wearing a gold chain with his name hanging out with 50 cent. 

Can you imagine woody even telling you how to make a pb& j sandwich or how to change a tire. 

Woody= Fredo

Like I said.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

You're not wrong, but you're wasting your time.  People were in tears this offseason because a fifth-round pick wasn't going to make the roster (he did).  They think a GM should find five superstars in every draft.

Madden and Fantasy football did this.

Not me, but I would like to think, in a win now year, your first & 2nd round picks might actually see the field 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Not me, but I would like to think, in a win now year, your first & 2nd round picks might actually see the field 

Honestly out of all the nonsense that was the easiest thing they could have got right and they still screwed it up 

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

What exactly is the evidence for this?

Because we have had talented players who have shown their talent in the past now they seem to be playing in some vanilla crap ass scheme not getting them open in space, not creating any mismatches and not creating any type of pass rushing opportunities. The staff has zero creativity. I guarantee you if Andy Reid was HC of this team it would be a totally different story. 

Another issue with the coaching is sometimes this team looks like its just going through the motions no effort no intensity like they bought into the "great on paper" philosophy. Thats on the coaches to hold their asses accountable and I just don't see that. Not only Andy Reid but imagine Bill Parcells coaching this team you think things would be a little different ?? 

• WTF? 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I have to laugh every time one of you goobers starts are thread that can be summarized as, “Don’t believe your eyes, ladies and gentlemen, I’ll now reveal the real reasons we suck!” 

I mean, imagine being a grown man and not understanding that a failing organization has multiple points of weakness/dysfunction and not just 1 specific person to blame.

Thats why Im pointing at the entire coaching staff Genius. I respect people who want to point at record but this team has talent and were 3 easy plays aways from being 5 or 6 and 1.

Part of the bad record during JD's tenure was incompetent QB play from a guy that just about any QB needy team would have picked as well in that situation. He didnt work out and he sucked terribly. Now we have a HOF QB who can obviously still throw the ball well but has decided now its time to make ill advised Brett Farve Like throws at the most inopportune times. It seems only the Jets can do this. 

You get a guy Like Bill Callahan who has turned around much worse OL's than we have in a years time (hell he did it here) you get a competent OC Like maybe a Kingsbury and everything looks different and no one is looking at this team the same way or the GM. Tons of Presnap penalties ruining drives and dumb mistake after dumb mistake with no accountability is 100% on the coaches .

The thing is goober ape I do believe my eyes and I see one of the worst coached Jets teams in the history of the franchise. This team laid down vs Pitt and we had them on the ropes early. I'll blame this on the GM when I see a well played game because in the ONLY well played game we have had up to this point we destroyed the Pats and done nothing since.

• WTF? 1

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

JD drafted epic bust Zach Wilson at 2….not his fault?

JD drafted epic bust Becton at 11….not his fault?

JD hired Robert Saleh. Not his fault?

JD massively downgraded the Dline this year with a stupid trade for JFM. Not his fault? 

JD failed to bring in a competent back up in 2023 which is prob why we miss the playoffs. Not his fault?

JD drafted Corley who he is keeping hidden in a closet an all in year. Not his fault? 

JD spent 2nd rounds picks in consecutive years on WRs. One was Moore the other Mimms. Not his fault?

JD drafted DE sensation Zuniga and RB sensation Perine with a 4th. Not his fault?

I could go on with some odd transactions as well. 

Listen he had a good 2022 draft. No one will deny that. However this year has exposed the Jets as a rotten culture with a lack lack luster attitude from this roster. We can’t all say “it starts at the top” and then just skip the GM of the football team who stood next to saleh for most of training camp practices etc. This team has no identity and I think JD has missed on alot of picks and acquisitions. Is he the worst GM in the league? No, but is he top 10? Not even close. He’s a mediocre GM who deserves to be fired if the Jets can’t make the playoffs. 

He came in and said this team has to impose its will on other teams in order to win. Why has he JD not enforced that? Get a coach and players that can do that.