My Draft Recap will be posted monday

Green Jets & Ham

You mean the Night Crew? Understand this...There is NO NIGHT CREW WITHOUT SMIZZY.

ha ha ... the night crew!

I claim copy-rights on that one, little brother ... I Gave us that nickname

Wanna know the origin of that?

When I was just a little kid, knee high, my father used to wake me up in the middle of the night to join him in a night snack and watch the late show while my mother was sleeping, and he used to call us the night crew ... it's such a small thing, but its one of the fondest memories I have from my childhood ... funny the small things you remember, huh?

Anyway, when there was a select few of us who always posted into the wee hours, me, you, cane, Jon, etc, it just seemed natural to call us the night crew ... without even realizing why ... then it dawned on me

And Yes Cane, the night crew is back in business :wink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll also be a fairly regular poster over here at JN henceforth ... don't read anything into that, I remain very friendly with soothsayer and the staff at JI, and many of the posters at JI are like friends, let's just say it was time for a change of scenery and soothsayer understands where I'm coming from

Hammer, just one piece of advice.

Please don't team up with YJF to write the articles.

You guys would blow Max's bandwidth right out of the water.;)

Hammer, just one piece of advice.

Please don't team up with YJF to write the articles.

You guys would blow Max's bandwidth right out of the water.;)

:Typotux:

Nah man, I've been out of the long post business for quite some time ... those are mighty rare nowadays ... it's a long story, but the short version is this, my fingers hurt too much to type long posts and that won't change until I have neck surgery {don't ask}, I will on occasion, but mostly I try to condense it

ha ha ... the night crew!

I claim copy-rights on that one, little brother ... I Gave us that nickname

Wanna know the origin of that?

When I was just a little kid, knee high, my father used to wake me up in the middle of the night to join him in a night snack and watch the late show while my mother was sleeping, and he used to call us the night crew ... it's such a small thing, but its one of the fondest memories I have from my childhood ... funny the small things you remember, huh?

Anyway, when there was a select few of us who always posted into the wee hours, me, you, cane, Jon, etc, it just seemed natural to call us the night crew ... without even realizing why ... then it dawned on me

And Yes Cane, the night crew is back in business :wink:

It's funny what sticks and what you forget as a child. Vinny025 and Alk were also founding members . We have had a lot of good times over the yrs and Im glad to be part of the crew again.

one thing about JN is it's a lot of old time posters here-guys who have been on the internet together for years.I'd say it's a more mature crowd-I think anyway.

Oh yea Max can move my thread I wrote when I got home from dinner-I hadn't seen this thread before I wrote it.

Looking foward to the recap.

one thing about JN is it's a lot of old time posters here-guys who have been on the internet together for years.I'd say it's a more mature crowd-I think anyway.

Oh yea Max can move my thread I wrote when I got home from dinner-I hadn't seen this thread before I wrote it.

Looking foward to the recap.

SFJ, JN is exactly how you put it. And we embrace the newbies unless they turn out like PN09, Foley, etc.

I've Just agreed to write an occasional column for JN, and that will start with an in-depth draft recap which I hope to have done by monday ... but I'm a lazy mofo so don't hold me too that exact date :grin:

I'll also be a fairly regular poster over here at JN henceforth ... don't read anything into that, I remain very friendly with soothsayer and the staff at JI, and many of the posters at JI are like friends, let's just say it was time for a change of scenery and soothsayer understands where I'm coming from

So for those of you who enjoy conversing with me, and I have many friends over here as well, I Guess we'll be doing that more often now ... and for those of you who hate me {though I can't imagine why?}, well I suppose this will come as bad news

As to the reason for this post, I Just don't want it to come as a surprise to anyone at JI or anyone here at JN, and have folks wondering, why the switch? ... I was a columnist over there and now I'm a columnist over here, and I don't want anyone to feel blindsided by that ... I have too many good relationships over there, those relationships remain friendly, so I just want to be upfront about this from the outset, lest anyone feels blindsided in the least

ham do you still hate me after our quabble

• 6 months later...
Oh-oh Garb, thank God you have that pistol.

Hammer might come after you like he did FlyingElvis after that comment.:box:

I've already had a pretty good battle with GJ&H in the baseball forum. Guy needs to learn how to take a joke.

• 1 year later...

Archived