My Draft Recap will be posted monday

Green Jets & Ham

I've Just agreed to write an occasional column for JN, and that will start with an in-depth draft recap which I hope to have done by monday ... but I'm a lazy mofo so don't hold me too that exact date :grin:

I'll also be a fairly regular poster over here at JN henceforth ... don't read anything into that, I remain very friendly with soothsayer and the staff at JI, and many of the posters at JI are like friends, let's just say it was time for a change of scenery and soothsayer understands where I'm coming from

So for those of you who enjoy conversing with me, and I have many friends over here as well, I Guess we'll be doing that more often now ... and for those of you who hate me {though I can't imagine why?}, well I suppose this will come as bad news

As to the reason for this post, I Just don't want it to come as a surprise to anyone at JI or anyone here at JN, and have folks wondering, why the switch? ... I was a columnist over there and now I'm a columnist over here, and I don't want anyone to feel blindsided by that ... I have too many good relationships over there, those relationships remain friendly, so I just want to be upfront about this from the outset, lest anyone feels blindsided in the least

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance of a Hammer sighting at any of the draft parties this weekend?

Wecome back, Hammer....though you never really left.

Thanks TJ, much appreciated

As for the parties, I'll leave that to you youngins ... my partying days have come and gone ... only place I'll be on saturday is in this chair, and discussing the draft in the JN chat room :grin:

But thanks for the invite, my friend

Thanks darlin, are you into to draft or is that a bit too tedious for you?

If you're into it, I hope you can pop into the chat room on saturday :wink:

actually i had a nice time at ESPNzone last year .. ( got to meet a cast of characters! :lol: )

but this year... i will be home bound so i will check in ;) cant wait!

i am still thinking maybe Mario at #4 :D... if d'brick goes to the saints at #2

Ham,

Its a good thing most of us go to both sites. I was going here for awhile after almost being banned for saying OT stuff should be moved lol. But I lost my password, and just got it back the other day.

To be honest, its getting extrememly annoying. ALOTTTT of Saint and Raider fans are joiing JI and its just personal attacks, and have changed the topic of everything.

Anyway, you should atleast start a draft contest if your going to stay here/your thoughts if there is going to be movement.

--KR.

Ham,

Its a good thing most of us go to both sites. I was going here for awhile after almost being banned for saying OT stuff should be moved lol. But I lost my password, and just got it back the other day.

To be honest, its getting extrememly annoying. ALOTTTT of Saint and Raider fans are joiing JI and its just personal attacks, and have changed the topic of everything.

Anyway, you should atleast start a draft contest if your going to stay here/your thoughts if there is going to be movement.

--KR.

That's not a bad idea, mercury ... I'll Get a thread started on that right away, and I'm sure smiz will pin it at the top for us ... stay tuned

And thanks matt, I'll give my best effort and I hope it's a good one

Although fairly new tothis site I have been impressed with Ham's writing

over the years.

But Ham don't take this the wrong way...I hate

apple pie.

Thanks SFJ

Oh Yeah, and you and me both brother ... Give me blueberry over apple any day of the week :grin:

Actually, Give me a chocolate cream pie :wink:

Well, I won't get into the whole JI thing... much, other that to say the owner is a wank wad, but I have'nt been banned there.... yet! :bag: When I first got there, I simply questioned this new pay idea, and he told ME to go elsewhere.... so I did.

But enough about tool town... I look forward to yer stuff here, Ham da Man!

Great news Hammer.

Your passionate views are always a interesting read.

Just no Melky Cabrera or Al Leiter columns in the BB forum ok?

Oh I've always been a fixture in the baseball forum, and that will never change ... I've Just been so wrapped up in the draft lately that baseball takes a backseat, but following the draft and all of the recaps, the attention switches to baseball

BTW, Guess who I'm listening to right now as I watch my Yankees?

UNCLE AL :thumbup:

Who is this Ham you guys speak of? :P

GJ&H, glad you plan on spending more time here. I have always respected your opinions and your passion is second to none. When the Jets lose I feel bad. Then I read your posts and I think...should I call 911 for him?

Just busting. I am looking forward to the breakdown of the Jets draft. Can't wait to put that on the front page!

Thanks again!

Who is this Ham you guys speak of? :P

GJ&H, glad you plan on spending more time here. I have always respected your opinions and your passion is second to none. When the Jets lose I feel bad. Then I read your posts and I think...should I call 911 for him?

Just busting. I am looking forward to the breakdown of the Jets draft. Can't wait to put that on the front page!

Thanks again!

You know what's even worse than being angry at losing, max ... worse than sadness, anger, or any such emotion?

What set in last year because it was so awful ... apathy

That's the worse feeling the the world, man ... that's truly rock bottom ... only other time I felt that way was the kotite years ... I hate that feeling

You know what's even worse than being angry at losing, max ... worse than sadness, anger, or any such emotion?

What set in last year because it was so awful ... apathy

That's the worse feeling the the world, man ... that's truly rock bottom ... only other time I felt that way was the kotite years ... I hate that feeling

Last year was like the Kotite years. I watched the games and there was no anger. It was like watching a movie but you knew the ending. They are going to lose. How will they lose on this weeks episode?

Hopefully those days are behind us. Mangini and company have a lot to prove. But they seem to be putting a stamp on this team. So far I have been impressed.

Hopefully that feeling continues when they start keeping score!

Archived