WOW, look at what the Saints are asking from the Jets

vinnys025

Jets | Saints asking price high for No. 2

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:35:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are trying to trade up with the New Orleans Saints to the No. 2 spot in the NFL Draft, but the Saints asking price is high. The Saints are asking the Jets for one of two packages, according to an agent who represents one of the draft's top players: The Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29 and their first-round pick next season or the Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29, their second-round pick at No. 35 and their second-round pick next season.

Hand N.O. the value chart ... tell them to take a few hours studying it ... then if you feel like making a value chart trade, give us a call and we're all ears

Hand Reggie Bush to San Fran or Green Bay while you're at it!

No Ham, what this calls for is a good old fashioned PANIC TRADE (patent pending, Bradway inc.)

If people in the Jets Front Office are not lighting their hair on fire and running around screaming at this very moment, I will be extremely disappointed in the guardians of the proud Jets draftday tradition.

Hand Reggie Bush to San Fran or Green Bay while you're at it!

No Ham, what this calls for is a good old fashioned PANIC TRADE (patent pending, Bradway inc.)

If people in the Jets Front Office are not lighting their hair on fire and running around screaming at this very moment, I will be extremely disappointed in the guardians of the proud Jets draftday tradition.

you just wanna see us trade the farm for this asssshole so that you can goof on us for years to come.

F reggie bush f his agent

you just wanna see us trade the farm for this asssshole so that you can goof on us for years to come.

F reggie bush f his agent

No dick, I am merely trying to urge the only intelligent-- nay, the only sane-- course of action out of the love I feel for my Jet fan brethren. My chest swells with sorrow at the thought of you poor benighted heathens wandering the desert for another 30 years.

My eyes tear, ever so slightly, thinking of the suffering that lies ahead for you as fans of the New York Jets.... but wait... in the distance... Is that a light? A gleaming, messianic figure whose soft glow illuminates the wasteland before you, turning it into a land of milk and lombardi?

Salvation is at hand! Repent your draft sins! With the donation of only a handful of 1st and 2nd rounders, you can have a signed and sealed contract from his Reggieness' hand itself, that says that he vouches for your team, and will stand witness for you in the afterlife (aka: playoffs). This plenary indulgence will gently usher you into the kingdom of dynasty. How can you say no at the cost of a few worldly trinkets, like 1st round picks?

The Saints are doing what any smart FO would do. They're trying to get the most out of this golden opportunity. The Jets would be foolish to give up 3 1st rd draft picks for him.

3 1st rd picks for a 200 pd rd who can't run the ball 25 times a game? Ill pass.

i would use the our leverage of having the 4 pick, which would gurantee them brick or hawk and leinart/young. number 6 doesnt give them that gurantee, the packers can offer 5 but dont have another first rounder this year. i would give the our 2 number 1s and a 3rd rounder next year

I actually think N.O. is between a rock and a hard plac ehere, and are bluffing. They already have 30 mil tied up in McAllister, and benson keeps whining about lack of revenue. They quite simply, aren't prepared, and may even be unable to meet Bush's contract demands.

Three number ones to move up 2 spots would be criminally negligent behavior. At most, the Jets should offer the 4, 29, and the 3.33, and come up to the 3.7 if need be. The 4, 29 and 3.7 would exceed the value chart.... I could see over paying a bit, but this would be grand larceny with malicious intent.

We have a lot more leverage than many think & I hope Tannenbaum realizes it.

The Saints get to stay in the top 4. They can still trade down yet again for another fortune.

Packers would have to trade all their 2006 draft picks a la Ricky Williams trade to reach the 2600 pts needed for the #2 pick. They're not doing that.

The 49ers would have to trade all their picks this year except for their 5th & two 7th rounders. In a rebuilding year with a draft this deep at so many positions?

I'd stop the bidding at the two #1's, though I'm against trading two picks for anyone. If that's not enough for them, let them pick him themselves.

Jets | Saints asking price high for No. 2

Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:35:35 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Star-Ledger, reports the New York Jets are trying to trade up with the New Orleans Saints to the No. 2 spot in the NFL Draft, but the Saints asking price is high. The Saints are asking the Jets for one of two packages, according to an agent who represents one of the draft's top players: The Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29 and their first-round pick next season or the Jets' pick at No. 4, plus their first-round selection at No. 29, their second-round pick at No. 35 and their second-round pick next season.

Way too High!!!

Get the Brick @ #4, some more fresh beef on the "O" line, improve the "D" with our current picks or move DOWN, not up for Bush. Give CMart an openning & he still can be a productive back. Gale Sayers would have had a hard time running behind our OL last year. Who knows what other back the FO will get? Keep the picks & get younger, let our new brain trust do their job!

Unless Bush falls to #4

We have a lot more leverage than many think & I hope Tannenbaum realizes it.

The Saints get to stay in the top 4. They can still trade down yet again for another fortune.

Packers would have to trade all their 2006 draft picks a la Ricky Williams trade to reach the 2600 pts needed for the #2 pick. They're not doing that.

The 49ers would have to trade all their picks this year except for their 5th & two 7th rounders. In a rebuilding year with a draft this deep at so many positions?

I'd stop the bidding at the two #1's, though I'm against trading two picks for anyone. If that's not enough for them, let them pick him themselves.

Correct. Let's see if NO wants to pay the piper.

THAT IS CRAZY MAN. i'll give them #4, #29, and #71.

I wouldn't even do that. We need players in this draft and can't afford to give up three of our first four picks for one guy. I offer #4 and #29 and tell tham if they are interested that's our offer, otherwise enjoy Bush or picking behind us. The biggest weapon we have is that our pick is only two behind them and they can still get one of the top 5 guys. The other teams force NO to drop out of the running for the elite players in this draft. I say hold our guns and wait.

Archived