Ty Law to the Chiefs?

faba

Law is determined to make the most money where he can do the least work. Last year was a joke and the 10 ints...please

Ten picks do not just fall out of the sky.

You have to be around the ball to make that happen.

Exactly where this year are the Jets going to replace 10 INT's?

Edwards spent Wednesday afternoon at Thornberry Unit of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kansas City talking to roughly 150 kids about developing a game plan for life
[/HTML]

Good thing he wasn't talking about a game plan for football or these kids would have made the KC coach look bad.

Pats you kill me... replace the 10 ints...lets try with better coverage and better schemes...of the 10 he maybe made 3 actual coverage interceptions. The rest were right place right time with a deflection or an overthrow and being out of position.

TX is right. I dont care if your too fat, got lucky bounces, gifts, deflections, lousy QB's, whatever........10 INT's dont just happen.

Some players have a nose for the ball. They have football instincts that elevates their level of play. Ty Law is one of those players. He always has been, and I'd be willing to bet he will be next year, too. Maybe the year after that, as well!!

As a matter of fact, I was hoping he would lower his price and consider the JETS because of familiarity with Mangini. I know that aint happenin', but I'd take a fat Ty Law over alot of CB's in this league.

TX is right. I dont care if your too fat, got lucky bounces, gifts, deflections, lousy QB's, whatever........10 INT's dont just happen.

Some players have a nose for the ball. They have football instincts that elevates their level of play. Ty Law is one of those players. He always has been, and I'd be willing to bet he will be next year, too. Maybe the year after that, as well!!

As a matter of fact, I was hoping he would lower his price and consider the JETS because of familiarity with Mangini. I know that aint happenin', but I'd take a fat Ty Law over alot of CB's in this league.

what are the odds Law is lucky enough to get 10 interceptions next year? Hell, how bout 5?

Ty Law is still a very good player and he had a good season last year.

The Chiefs are a veteran team that has to make their run now. Guys like Trent Green, Will Shields, Willie Roaf etc.... These players are at the end of the road. Their time is now.

Law makes perfect sense for KC. They should sign him.

Ty Law gets 10 INTs, big deal they were all thrown right at him.

Curtis Martin rushes for 1500 yards, big deal, a lot of his yards came against bad defenses

John Abraham gets 13 sacks, big deal they were in garbage time

Yet, the samething happens for most players around the league.

Some Jet fans are just never satisfied. Which is why a lot of them get what they deserve: NOTHING.

Law stinks. Out of those 10, 3 were good picks where he jumped the route. The others were poorly thrown balls that landed in his hands. He was just lucky to be there for the over/under thrown balls. He an overweight, out of shape bum who wants a pay check to do nothing. Hell, he couldnt even make it to team meetings last year.

Not at that $11 million.

Ty Law gets 10 INTs, big deal they were all thrown right at him.

Curtis Martin rushes for 1500 yards, big deal, a lot of his yards came against bad defenses

John Abraham gets 13 sacks, big deal they were in garbage time

Yet, the samething happens for most players around the league.

Some Jet fans are just never satisfied. Which is why a lot of them get what they deserve: NOTHING.

I would bring those 3 players up for just the opposite reason - for the type of Jet fans who feel that we can't be winners so we may as well have some nice consolation prizes including players putting up cutsie stats in lieu of winning ballgames.

And John Abraham hasn't had 13 sacks since back in 2001.

Martin, for all the carries Edwards gave him, has reached 1500 yds once since the end of the 2001 season.

Law clearly has a talent for catching the interception. But if he was so elite teams wouldn't continually test him. I also remember Otis Smith getting like 6 INT's for us back in 1998 (even returning a couple for TD's) - that didn't make him an elite CB by any stretch.

Fans & journalists who have influenced the coaching staff & FO by insisting that we "need" this or that player b/c they put up such-and-such #'s are the reason fans get what they deserve.

For all the love he gets everywhere, and for whatever quality human being he is, this franchise would've been better off if we released Curtis finger-tackle-me Martin back in 2001.

We are headed in the right direction by not eating up some $70M+ in cap hits over the next 5 years to have John Abraham & Ty Law on the team.

Somehow, teams have managed to win superbowls without these players. It is Jet fans that have thought (and some still do think) that the road to success could only be through this has-been and those other two career me-first/team-second losers.

maybe they will control the ball on offense more, or stop the run on defense more so we dont get thrown at so much.

2 ways to skin a cat.

You can afford to take a lot of chances and guesses when you're team is done for the season by Week 3. And especially when teams throw your way since you've lost more than a step. Which is what Ty Law was like last year.

maybe they will control the ball on offense more, or stop the run on defense more so we dont get thrown at so much.

2 ways to skin a cat.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If the Jets are successful in stopping the run, don't you think more teams will then throw on them?

I would bring those 3 players up for just the opposite reason - for the type of Jet fans who feel that we can't be winners so we may as well have some nice consolation prizes including players putting up cutsie stats in lieu of winning ballgames.

And John Abraham hasn't had 13 sacks since back in 2001.

Martin, for all the carries Edwards gave him, has reached 1500 yds once since the end of the 2001 season.

Law clearly has a talent for catching the interception. But if he was so elite teams wouldn't continually test him. I also remember Otis Smith getting like 6 INT's for us back in 1998 (even returning a couple for TD's) - that didn't make him an elite CB by any stretch.

Fans & journalists who have influenced the coaching staff & FO by insisting that we "need" this or that player b/c they put up such-and-such #'s are the reason fans get what they deserve.

For all the love he gets everywhere, and for whatever quality human being he is, this franchise would've been better off if we released Curtis finger-tackle-me Martin back in 2001.

We are headed in the right direction by not eating up some $70M+ in cap hits over the next 5 years to have John Abraham & Ty Law on the team.

Somehow, teams have managed to win superbowls without these players. It is Jet fans that have thought (and some still do think) that the road to success could only be through this has-been and those other two career me-first/team-second losers.

totally agree that we made the right decisions letting abe and law go, the point was that Law had a good year for us last year and fans are minimizing it because the "balls were thrown at him." Yea, well its not a coincidence when 10 balls get thrown right at you in the same year. There is something called instincts, football smarts, awareness. Ty Law is probably the smartest at his position in the league. THe guy didnt get beat behind his back for one big play lsat year, but some how in a league where CBs are getting toasted routinely, Law had a bad year in the eyes of some fans... I just dont get it.

Totally agree on Martin too, believe me i was pissed when we extended him in 02 becaues i knew it was the end of lamont, but martin was a good player in his day and ive read fans minimize him by mentioning the soft defenses he played against, or the 25 yard draw plays he got against prevent defenses, all valid reasons, but i watch games around the league every sunday and i see the top back compile yards the same way.

It happens all over the league.

totally agree on Martin. I wanted to break very valuable things when we resigned him after the 2001 season becuse I knew it was the end of LaMont. My point was in his day he was a good player but I've read a lot of fans minimize his accomplishments. The defenses, the draws on 3rd and 20 when the defenses are in dime defenses, all valid reasons, but i've seen a lot of other top RBs eat up yards due to the same reasons. It happens all over the league.

And Martin the ballhog would never allow himself to come out of the game ( a power he knew he had with Edwards), even when he knew he had 2 sprained ankles or a torn knee ligament. It's always been me-me-me with that guy. "My goal is 1500 yards," or "my goal is 2000 yards," & the like almost every pre-season. What would the media say if they asked Allan Iverson his goal for the season & he said "to score 40 ppg". They would appropriately label him as a ball-hog who is more concerned with his stats than what helps the team. That is Martin all over. Abraham is similar, except with him its money more than stats.

And Martin the ballhog would never allow himself to come out of the game ( a power he knew he had with Edwards), even when he knew he had 2 sprained ankles or a torn knee ligament. It's always been me-me-me with that guy. "My goal is 1500 yards," or "my goal is 2000 yards," & the like almost every pre-season. What would the media say if they asked Allan Iverson his goal for the season & he said "to score 40 ppg". They would appropriately label him as a ball-hog who is more concerned with his stats than what helps the team. That is Martin all over. Abraham is similar, except with him its money more than stats.

I remember Curtis offering to hand the starting job over to LaMont in 2003 when the running game was sputtering.

I remember Curtis offering to hand the starting job over to LaMont in 2003 when the running game was sputtering.

Point then and now is that decision shouldn't have ever been Martin's in the first place. But when you have a weak-minded players coach, that kind of thinking is allowed.

I remember no such thing.

Jordan had been relegated to short-yardage duties. Here's an excerpt for an aritcle I wrote for JetNation a few months ago regarding the 2003 season:

• Herm decided that the only RB on the team with breakaway speed (Jordan) will now be relegated to goal-line & short-yardage duty. Never mind that he’s a “RB with power” rather than a “power RB.” This is also announced, so any opponent who sees him come into the game (when it’s not garbage-time) is fully aware that the next play will be a handoff to Jordan (more than half his year’s carries were in 2-3 TE sets). In doing this for the entire season, Jordan still has a higher YPC than the “underrated warrior” RB who has the whole field and all the first-second downs to work with unless it’s garbage time to run out the clock at the end of a half. Though healthy, Jordan finishes the year with 46 carries, only 15 of which came after November 1st & only one carry after December 1st.

• On the year, a staggering 87% of the RB carries (including garbage time) went to Curtis Martin so he could amass 1300 yards. By comparison, Jamal Lewis with over 2000 yards got 81%; Ahman Green with almost 1900 yards at 75%.

Martin would give up the starting job over his dead body.

Point then and now is that decision shouldn't have ever been Martin's in the first place. But when you have a weak-minded players coach, that kind of thinking is allowed.

yup, KC is in for a a lot of grief in about 2 to 3 years,,

Mishandling Jordan was one of the biggest blunders in Jets history. And God knows, there's been a ton.

bypassing Chuck Knox (assistant coach on OUR staff) for Charley Winner (Weebs son-in-law) was a real bonanza.

Archived