Most Valuable Papi hits another walkoff bomb!

Jet/BosoxFan

If you read last weeks SI you'll hear why he was average there. Minnesota was all about small ball and coaching Ortiz to hit differently. At Boston he was able to open up more and swing freely.

Yea I'm sure that was all of it.

And by opening up more do you mean roids in his veins?

If David Ortiz is on steroids then he is obviously doing it wrong. You've got to be kidding me with that allegation as there has not been one single hint of any such thing towards Ortiz. Unlike Sheffield and Giambi, our players do it naturally.

How naive and stupid are you? Ortiz didnt do anything until he was 27/28 years old (if his real age is even 30 yrs old). And look at Vaginatek this year, off the roids and cant hit a meatball down the pipe. Every team the last 5 years has roiders on them dont be so stupid to think your 2004 sox didnt either, homer.

How naive and stupid are you? Ortiz didnt do anything until he was 27/28 years old (if his real age is even 30 yrs old). And look at Vaginatek this year, off the roids and cant hit a meatball down the pipe. Every team the last 5 years has roiders on them dont be so stupid to think your 2004 sox didnt either, homer.

Well Varitek is what 32, 33 and has been catching his whole life. So I'm sure the wear and tear has had an effect. Not to mention his big season last season and scouting reports this year.

Maybe it took Ortiz longer to mature mentally as a baseball player, but he is not very muscular but is a very big dude. Oh and he wasn't hitting in the friendly confines of Fenway. Look at Mike Lowell if you want proof of what hitting at Fenway can do for you. Next thing you'll tell me is that Cecil Fielder was on roids.

Actually I'll just let Mike Stanley do the talking,

if A-rod had gotten this hit, i guarantee we'd see threads saying "a-rod went 1-5 today and took 12 innings to get a hit, what a bum"

Oh believe me...Alexander the Great has plenty of at-bats to end Yankee games. They are just all with 2 outs, men in scoring position, and with the Yanks trailing by a run or two...and they all end with K-rod chasing a fastball thats high and outside.

Getting a go-ahead RBI that puts the game out of reach for the other team is just as big as getting a game winning RBI. it contributes equally.

and work on the grammar pal

You guys need to be organized when insulting, he is talking about 2 out hits with RISP and you're talking about something else that has little impact on the subject at hand.

You need work on capitalization and punctuation in your sentences.

You guys need to be organized when insulting, he is talking about 2 out hits with RISP and you're talking about something else that has little impact on the subject at hand.

You need work on capitalization and punctuation in your sentences.

yes, because not capitalizing letters makes me look like such a jackass, huh?

and how is any insulting going on here? somebodies a little touchy today

Is there some rule in baseball where there is no 2nd out in the first inning?

What's the grammar error Mr. I end sentences with prepositions?

That makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention the word "too" is an adverb, ya' toolbox (that's a noun).

Your grammar error was "singles isn't clutch." Read up on your subject-verb agreement, circa second grade. ;-)

I got agree......funny how Ortiz was average at best in Minnesota. Kinda one of those guys who all of a sudden is that much better.??. I agree he has hit same big shots. But how "clutch" are you in may and june as opposed to aug or sept. Seems to me the Yanks won the division again last year. MVP? to a guy who has no fielding skills and is on the bench 90% of the game ???? Just saying

Again, with this tired old subject?

Until Papi comes up positive, you all are coming off as your typical ignorant baseball fan.

"Big Papi did not do anything in Minnesota and now he is killing the ball!"

Look at his numbers. Here they are:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/o/ortizda01.shtml

His last three years in MInnesota he started to show power. Then he goes to Boston, in his prime, to a hitters park with a short left porch and is surrounded by alot more talent and he is not expected to see significant numbers boost?

Seriously, are you all retarded?

Not every player is A-Rod or Griffey and can start hitting 40 HRs at the age of 20. Some players have to develop and do not reah their rpime until the are in their mid to late 20s.

What was I thinking??? I must be an ignorant baseball fan !! because the sox can do no wrong. Starting to show power and 47 HR's now that is just a slight diffrence. I never said that none of the Yankees were tied up the whole steriod mess, but you must be the wearing blinders if you think none of the sox were involved

:cheers:

What was I thinking??? I must be an ignorant baseball fan !! because the sox can do no wrong. Starting to show power and 47 HR's now that is just a slight diffrence. I never said that none of the Yankees were tied up the whole steriod mess, but you must be the wearing blinders if you think none of the sox were involved

:cheers:

Nobody is saying that there aren't (weren't) any Sox involved.

Throwing out baseless accusations is just lazy and irresponsible.

Nobody is saying that there aren't (weren't) any Sox involved.

Throwing out baseless accusations is just lazy and irresponsible.

Ortiz had a gigantic sudden spike in all power categories 3 years ago when he was 27/28 yrs old.

Its far from baseless.

Ortiz had a gigantic sudden spike in all power categories 3 years ago when he was 27/28 yrs old.

Its far from baseless.

He also made 'the leap' with regular playing time, a great hitting coach, and a good team around him.

Except for jealous Yankee fans, there has never even been a whisper linking steroids and Ortiz.

He also made 'the leap' with regular playing time, a great hitting coach, and a good team around him.

Except for jealous Yankee fans, there has never even been a whisper linking steroids and Ortiz.

They are just jealous.

Giambi. Johnson. Pavano.

The Sox got Ortiz for a fraction of the price and just as much and more production thenthe Yankees did for Giambi. Of course, all Big Papi's SI articles are positive and do not revolve around steroids.

Then the Yankees come up empty in two other FA endeavours that the Sox were able to mine expertly.

Typical Yankee fans trying to make themselves fell better about their team that has dropped the ball too many times in every aspect of the game over these last few years.

Archived