Pats player Sullivan arrested now

faba

</H1>

Thursday, June 29, 2006

SULLIVAN ARRESTED: Former Saints defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan was arrested Sunday morning and charged with possession of marijuana, a seat belt violation, running two stop signs and playing loud music in Griffin, Ga., according to police reports. The arresting officer, M.G. Bowman first observed Sullivan, a first-round draft pick by the Saints in 2003 who was recently traded to the New England Patriots, driving with loud music coming from the car at 3:56 a.m., the police report said. While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first. Bowman stopped Sullivan and noticed Sullivan and passenger Tamarco Clemons not wearing seat belts and a bag containing what appeared to be marijuna in the car. The police report said Bowman first asked Sullivan if there were any weapons in the car, and after Sullivan said yes, Bowman retrieved a handgun. Bowman then asked Sullivan and Clemons if there was anything illegal in the car, and Sullivan and Clemons said no. Sullivan granted Bowman permission to search the car, where Bowman retrieved the bag that was found to contain less than an ounce of marijuana, which Sullivan and Clemons claimed was not their property. Sullivan and Clemons were arrested and brought to the Griffin Police Department, where they were released on signature bonds.

Nice way to start off with the Pats

While I do think that the Sullivan deal can work out quite nicely for the Pats, I was pretty surprised the BB traded for a guy like him with all the talk we hear about "team guys" and "good character". Again, I think it's a good gamble by the Pats, just not a move I expected them to make.

</H1>

Thursday, June 29, 2006

SULLIVAN ARRESTED: Former Saints defensive lineman Johnathan Sullivan was arrested Sunday morning and charged with possession of marijuana, a seat belt violation, running two stop signs and playing loud music in Griffin, Ga., according to police reports. The arresting officer, M.G. Bowman first observed Sullivan, a first-round draft pick by the Saints in 2003 who was recently traded to the New England Patriots, driving with loud music coming from the car at 3:56 a.m., the police report said. While following Sullivan, according to police Bowman saw Sullivan drive through two stop signs without stopping first. Bowman stopped Sullivan and noticed Sullivan and passenger Tamarco Clemons not wearing seat belts and a bag containing what appeared to be marijuna in the car. The police report said Bowman first asked Sullivan if there were any weapons in the car, and after Sullivan said yes, Bowman retrieved a handgun. Bowman then asked Sullivan and Clemons if there was anything illegal in the car, and Sullivan and Clemons said no. Sullivan granted Bowman permission to search the car, where Bowman retrieved the bag that was found to contain less than an ounce of marijuana, which Sullivan and Clemons claimed was not their property. Sullivan and Clemons were arrested and brought to the Griffin Police Department, where they were released on signature bonds.

Nice way to start off with the Pats

Sounds like dumb and dumber in that car.

What an idiot, how do you blow not one but two stop signs while you're smoking weed? If you're driving around doing that stuff then you should at least abide by traffic rules to avoid getting pulled over for something minor that turns into something huge, like being arrested for example.

What an idiot, how do you blow not one but two stop signs while you're smoking weed? If you're driving around doing that stuff then you should at least abide by traffic rules to avoid getting pulled over for something minor that turns into something huge, like being arrested for example.
Not condoning anything here, but that is just one of those things cops do when they have suspicions and they want to pull someone over. At 4:00am there are not a lot of cars on the road. He probably slowed down, looked both ways and proceeded. Probably didn't do the required full stop, 2 seconds or whatever. Same with the seat belt thing.

He is still stupid though....

Not condoning anything here, but that is just one of those things cops do when they have suspicions and they want to pull someone over. At 4:00am there are not a lot of cars on the road. He probably slowed down, looked both ways and proceeded. Probably didn't do the required full stop, 2 seconds or whatever. Same with the seat belt thing.

Good point, I'm sure the music blaring out of the car was a factor in the pullover as well. Problem is these guys have been coddled for their football skills for so long they think they are above everything. All he had to do was be somewhat discreet, keep it in the house, whatever, instead he goes out with his boy pumping music in his bling bling car and gets arrested.

But as some here would say, BB approved the trade and since he's god then Sullivan will be all pro this year and this doesn't matter.

:sarc:

I guess rather then getting cut in TC for failing the mandatory conditioning run and the inevitable 100,000 miles he would have done on the bike. He decided to speed up the cutting proces. Good move.

Good point, I'm sure the music blaring out of the car was a factor in the pullover as well. Problem is these guys have been coddled for their football skills for so long they think they are above everything. All he had to do was be somewhat discreet, keep it in the house, whatever, instead he goes out with his boy pumping music in his bling bling car and gets arrested.

But as some here would say, BB approved the trade and since he's god then Sullivan will be all pro this year and this doesn't matter.

:sarc:

I never understood this mentality. One example that always makes me shake my head is the DUI. If you have that kind of money get a f-ing limo. Jeez, I guess you can always give people money but you can't always make them smart...

Actually, that's just one of those things cops do at 4am period. Seriously, if you're ever out late and there's no one else on the road with you and a cop is behind you, it doesn't matter what you've done or what you're going to do, they WILL run your plates. Regardless of the circumstances.

Now, doing what he did only made it worse, but they were going to run his plates no matter what. That's just what they do that late because, quite honestly, there really is nothing else to do.

Archived