Jon Lester (for MadMike)

CrazyCarl40

You beat me to the punch. Lester threw a 1 hitter for christ sakes!

Give me a sec as I open up Madmike's Yankee Prpoganda Mis-Information Guide.

Ok,.....

Lester pitched 8 innings and had 1 hit allowed.

His performance sucked because:

4 Walks. 'nuff said. He has no command of his pitches. He got lucky last night.

5 balls left the infield. If he was as good as Wang Chung, no balls would have left the infield. In fact, a spacial vortex wall starting at the edge of grass lining the outfield, would take any flyball hit and drop it in the glove of Jeter to boost his average fielding percentage.

100 pitches. If he was a true MLB caliber picture, he would have needed only 8 pitches. He would throw a change-up and like the Bugs Bunny cartoon, all three batters in the inning would line-up, swing three times and strike out on that one pitch to end each inning.

1 hit allowed. He sucks. He gave up a hit to a player named Teahen. Soft name ~ Soft pitcher.

His P.S.Q.Q.R.S.S.S.C.M.M. was a abhorent 133.54 for the start. His Pitcher Start Quality Quotient for Red Sox Starters and Sanctioned and Configured by Mad Mike was high. Wang Chung's would be a -11111.8 using the same formula becaser he arates high in all the obscure and ever changing stats used. The average pitcher with as much talent as the average pitcher in a fast pitch softball league would have gotten a 10. Josh Beckett, would have gotten a 1000.

Johnny Cochrane rule on Sox player suckage. If his Jersey says Red, he sucks and has no cred.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets see Lester do it in September, against the best team in the AL.

He'll fold like the Sawx always do

He's already pitched against the White Sox. He shut them down too.

As for the AAA team comment just fyi:

Wang vs. "AAA team": 6.23 ERA in 2 starts this season.

Qho the **** are you kiding

Go back in you hole...go hide, it's what you do best

Sawx squeek a couple out against a AAA team, and there you are tooting your horn

Old

Youre making less and less sense with every post, old man. Whats funny is how much youre jerking off to a 2nd place team who NOBODY (myself included) thinks is going to win anything substantial this year.

I'll go on record, the Yankees will not win the World Series. It will be because of pitching woes, defense, unclutch hitting and old age. It has been that way for the last 5 years. Only this time...it all seems a little worse than in previous years.

Please JonE, give me a prediction!?!?!??!!?!!?!?

Mike, on the topic of Lester, don't go away mad.....just go away.

Seriously, you'd take him in a NY minute. Now I like Phelphry's possibilities for the Mets but this year with Papelbon and Lester bursting on the scene the Sox are getting HUGE contributions from kids.

Don't understand how Melky can get rave reviews for being average while Lester at 5-0 gets no respect for having the normal rookie SP flaws yet winning anyway.

Mike, on the topic of Lester, don't go away mad.....just go away.

Seriously, you'd take him in a NY minute. Now I like Phelphry's possibilities for the Mets but this year with Papelbon and Lester bursting on the scene the Sox are getting HUGE contributions from kids.

Don't understand how Melky can get rave reviews for being average while Lester at 5-0 gets no respect for having the normal rookie SP flaws yet winning anyway.

That's what happens when you play in a second banana city like Boston...;)

Give me a sec as I open up Madmike's Yankee Prpoganda Mis-Information Guide.

Ok,.....

Lester pitched 8 innings and had 1 hit allowed.

His performance sucked because:

4 Walks. 'nuff said. He has no command of his pitches. He got lucky last night.

5 balls left the infield. If he was as good as Wang Chung, no balls would have left the infield. In fact, a spacial vortex wall starting at the edge of grass lining the outfield, would take any flyball hit and drop it in the glove of Jeter to boost his average fielding percentage.

100 pitches. If he was a true MLB caliber picture, he would have needed only 8 pitches. He would throw a change-up and like the Bugs Bunny cartoon, all three batters in the inning would line-up, swing three times and strike out on that one pitch to end each inning.

1 hit allowed. He sucks. He gave up a hit to a player named Teahen. Soft name ~ Soft pitcher.

His P.S.Q.Q.R.S.S.S.C.M.M. was a abhorent 133.54 for the start. His Pitcher Start Quality Quotient for Red Sox Starters and Sanctioned and Configured by Mad Mike was high. Wang Chung's would be a -11111.8 using the same formula becaser he arates high in all the obscure and ever changing stats used. The average pitcher with as much talent as the average pitcher in a fast pitch softball league would have gotten a 10. Josh Beckett, would have gotten a 1000.

Johnny Cochrane rule on Sox player suckage. If his Jersey says Red, he sucks and has no cred.

Congradulations he shutout a AA team. By the way here's a good stat. Last boston starter to start their carrer: Aaron Sele. Thats about the level of pitcher Lester will be.

Congradulations he shutout a AA team. By the way here's a good stat. Last boston starter to start their carrer: Aaron Sele. Thats about the level of pitcher Lester will be.

I knew you'd talk garbage about the Royals, even though he outpitched every one of your starters who have pitched against the Royals this year. Sele was an average righty. Lester is an above average lefty. You're going far beyond homer into moron lan with you consistently increasing idiocy. You're on your own in this argument. Shouldn't that tell you something?

I knew you'd talk garbage about the Royals, even though he outpitched every one of your starters who have pitched against the Royals this year. Sele was an average righty. Lester is an above average lefty. You're going far beyond homer into moron lan with you consistently increasing idiocy. You're on your own in this argument. Shouldn't that tell you something?

One good game against the worst team in baseball dost change his subpar stats. But boston homer don't want to hear there. I will just be more fun when his numbers correct themselves.

Once he has a ****ty horrible start (and he will) I wont wanna see sox fans in this thread talk about him. He finally pitched a solid ballgame all around, and it was against the royals. Lets see him go against a good team, pitch well, and then lets see him face that team again for the 2nd time in another start. This will gauge him as a pitcher better. Arguing back and forther over every start he has is stupid, he's very unproven and while his record and era are good, he has been shaky in every 1 of his starts.

Not saying he'll bust, but he hasnt proven he can be a good pitcher either,yet.

Once he has a ****ty horrible start (and he will) I wont wanna see sox fans in this thread talk about him. He finally pitched a solid ballgame all around, and it was against the royals. Lets see him go against a good team, pitch well, and then lets see him face that team again for the 2nd time in another start. This will gauge him as a pitcher better. Arguing back and forther over every start he has is stupid, he's very unproven and while his record and era are good, he has been shaky in every 1 of his starts.

Not saying he'll bust, but he hasnt proven he can be a good pitcher either,yet.

The game against the defending champs wasn't enough? I'm not saying he's going to be a great pitcher but this whole thing started when MadMike called him below average. He is anything but and he won't admit it. And Lester continues to prove him wrong.

The game against the defending champs wasn't enough? I'm not saying he's going to be a great pitcher but this whole thing started when MadMike called him below average. He is anything but and he won't admit it. And Lester continues to prove him wrong.
Jaret Wright pitched a great game against the whitesox and got a win. Does that make him a great pitcher? Only morons use one game examples to prove points.

Jaret Wright pitched a great game against the whitesox and got a win. Does that make him a great pitcher? Only morons use one game examples to prove points.

Barton said let's see him pitch against a good team. The best offense in baseball, I thought, would fit that bill. Silly me. Of course it doesn't make him a great pitcher. Especially for the money. Lester is a very good 4th option right now. Better than anything you have and is young and will only get better.

Barton said let's see him pitch against a good team. The best offense in baseball, I thought, would fit that bill. Silly me. Of course it doesn't make him a great pitcher. Especially for the money. Lester is a very good 4th option right now. Better than anything you have and is young and will only get better.
Wright is the yankees 4th starter and he beat the white sox too as well as boston so therefore he should be just as good as lester right? Then how can Lester be much better then anything the yankees have?

Wright is the yankees 4th starter and he beat the white sox too as well as boston so therefore he should be just as good as lester right? Then how can Lester be much better then anything the yankees have?

Better than any Yanks 4th starter. Should have clarified. And yes, Lester is better than Wright.

Better than any Yanks 4th starter. Should have clarified. And yes, Lester is better than Wright.

But why? Wright beat the white sox too and pitched better then Lester against them. He also beat boston. I'm using those 2 games to say he's a great pitcher.

But why? Wright beat the white sox too and pitched better then Lester against them. He also beat boston. I'm using those 2 games to say he's a great pitcher.

Lester is younger, left-handed, has better stamina, gets paid a lot less, and has pitched the Sox in every game so far. He also hasn't lost at all.

Lester is younger, left-handed, has better stamina, gets paid a lot less, and has pitched the Sox in every game so far. He also hasn't lost at all.
Better stamina? He went 5ip in every game before he beat the AA royals. How much he is paid has nothing to do with it. The fact that is younger means nothing for this year either.

Better stamina? He went 5ip in every game before he beat the AA royals. How much he is paid has nothing to do with it. The fact that is younger means nothing for this year either.

That because he is very young and on a strict pitch count. The Sox are protecting him because they want him to be good for a very long time.

That because he is very young and on a strict pitch count. The Sox are protecting him because they want him to be good for a very long time.

He wasn't on a pitch count. He went 5 IP those starts because he had 12 baserunners through 5 IP and threw 110 pitches.

Excellent call Thor, and also an excellent pic in your sig. The Nuge is a crazy mofo!

I love NYYfans.com. I go there all the time, and Curt Schilling has been posting there for the last couple of days. Pretty interesting.

The funny thing about NYYFans is that they're always bashing SOSH, but they're exactly the same. Just from the other side.

I love NYYfans.com. I go there all the time, and Curt Schilling has been posting there for the last couple of days. Pretty interesting.

The funny thing about NYYFans is that they're always bashing SOSH, but they're exactly the same. Just from the other side.

I have visited NYYfans.com many times and I know what you mean. I try to avoid SOSH because the posters are the lowest form of Sox fans.

The Boston fans are obsessed with the Yankees and the Yankee fans are obessed with the Red Sox. It is nuts!

Archived