Jets - Skins Game Thread

Maxman

I wonder if the overthrows are simply a function of preseason. Any chance the QB's would rather explain an overthrow tomorrow than a pick?

Because a wise man once said it is better to overthrow and punt than score a TD.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No doubt, this kid has something. But let's be careful, it's the 4th quarter in an exhibition game. He definitely has a future in the NFL, though. I'm not at all disapointed the Jets didn't draft a QB in round 1. I like Clemens alot.

I agree JM. Clemens has me excited too.

Wally Dada INT-OK W The F is he?

I mentioned him in my reports, as well as Dave Ball, the draw plays to Leon, a lot of work on the rushing game this week, the reverse to Smith, Wallace Wright, Clemens looking good, ramsey not so good, and Reggie Newhouse catching the ball.

It was awesome watching them run the plays I saw them practicing this week.

The Oline performed much better, the TEs not so good. I just finished watching the tape, as I went to the Mets 1986 tribute game. All in all a good night all around.

I mentioned him in my reports, as well as Dave Ball, the draw plays to Leon, a lot of work on the rushing game this week, the reverse to Smith, Wallace Wright, Clemens looking good, ramsey not so good, and Reggie Newhouse catching the ball.

It was awesome watching them run the plays I saw them practicing this week.

The Oline performed much better, the TEs not so good. I just finished watching the tape, as I went to the Mets 1986 tribute game. All in all a good night all around.

yea JC if you scroll thru this thread after the Smith reverse I said you were telling us about it and that you were right

Yep i see it now, SFJ. Good stuff. Also, the B Thomas moves with Ellis worked to perfection for him, and that is something they were working on this week.

ramsey looks like he has happy feet and isn't steping up into the pocket..

Great observation imo. But it applies moreso to Bolly.

He does NOT EVER step up into the pocket- he immediately brings the ball down and looks to take off.

Great observation imo. But it applies moreso to Bolly.

He does NOT EVER step up into the pocket- he immediately brings the ball down and looks to take off.

if he would take off in goalline situations once in a while and actually score some TDs that way he'd be better off-instead of those always going incomplete passes in the EZ-that's my biggest gripe with him-he doesn't SCORE!!!-Mangini feels the same way-I'm tired of watching the Jets having to settle for FGs for the last 5 yrs

they still havn't thrown the ball down the field the entire preseason...

That appears to be by design, mm.

Something else I observed at tc but inexplicably didnt stress here (my bad!) is that they have really focused on the lateral passes and short passing game that we saw. There are still three weeks til opening day, and they obviously havent put the downfield pass patterns into the gameplan yet.

I think a big part of that is to not put too much pressure on the OL at this point.

if he would take off in goalline situations once in a while and actually score some TDs that way he'd be better off-instead of those always going incomplete passes in the EZ-that's my biggest gripe with him-he doesn't SCORE!!!-Mangini feels the same way-I'm tired of watching the Jets having to settle for FGs for the last 5 yrs

I had flashes of last year watching Bollywood over throw people in the endzone.

Really not good.

BZ

hey I'll tell you what Jetcane I was watching the Pats while listening to the Jets on the internet and THEY ain't throwing anything farther than 12-15 yards in the air either-a lot of WR quick slants and stuff to the TE's and RB's-who know maybe the game is changing again-or maybe it could be they HAVE no WRs worth throwing to

Archived