Robert Gallery

Jetlag

What happened to the next Tony Boselli? This kid was a "guarentteed" thing. I'm not saying all hope is lost but Holy Christ he looked bad. Does this take a little of the shine off of our "guarenteed" OT?

Ferguson is better than Robert Gallery. That being said, after watching the Raiders-Chargers game last night, I'd have to say Marcus McNeill looks like he is as good if no better than D'Brickashaw. Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

Ferguson is better than Robert Gallery. That being said, after watching the Raiders-Chargers game last night, I'd have to say Marcus McNeill looks like he is as good if no better than D'Brickashaw. Not bad for a 2nd round pick.

I loved McNeill. I didn't think he'd get past Dallas. The knock on him wasn't talent or on-field production, but that he may have a very short career due to an abnormally narrow spinal column.

I think there was concern about some medical problem with McNeil. I think that was the only issue with him.

You really can't say Brick is better than Gallery. Coming out of college, Gallery was looked at as the best OT prospect to come out in a decade or so and Brick has only played one game. That holding call on Ferguson to take away a TD was huge also, hopefully that doesn't turn into a problem.

As a whole the Iowa program is known as overachievers - guys that exceeded their physical limitations due to hard work - Gallery was supposed to be different from the mold but apparently he wasn't. I was just as high on this kid as anyone but scouts say now his lack of wingspan hurts him as well as a lack of burst off the snap

Jets fans should rest easy knowing Brick has all the physical attributes in a left tackle anyone can look for - besides the fact that he proved better than Gallery week 1 he also has the wingspan of seven and a half foot man.

I have a question about gallery for you guys. I didnt see the second game last night.

I read that he was a three year starting LT at Iowa, all-conference and co-captain.

He has played 32 games for the Raiders in two seasons at RT.

Was he at LT tackle last night?

Do you think he is average, but could improve if he is moved back to his natural LT position?

Adrian Jones is better than Robert Gallery.

I agree. It just goes to show that every year there are a lot of good O-linemen who are picked in the later rounds in the draft or go undrafted. Lots of good O-line players are overlooked in college. Not saying Adrian Jones is good but he is a capable player and as a 4th round pick, has played better than the 2nd overall pick in that same draft.

As for Marcus McNeill, his back condition didn't prevent him from opening up huge lanes for Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown in college. And it never prevented him from going 41 games without giving up a sack. I didn't see the entire game last night so I'm not sure if he extended his streak to 42 without giving up a sack. The guy is a beast.

I agree. It just goes to show that every year there are a lot of good O-linemen who are picked in the later rounds in the draft or go undrafted. Lots of good O-line players are overlooked in college. Not saying Adrian Jones is good but he is a capable player and as a 4th round pick, has played better than the 2nd overall pick in that same draft.

As for Marcus McNeill, his back condition didn't prevent him from opening up huge lanes for Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown in college. And it never prevented him from going 41 games without giving up a sack. I didn't see the entire game last night so I'm not sure if he extended his streak to 42 without giving up a sack. The guy is a beast.

No one said it affected his play. It doesn't. What it could affect is how long his career is. As in it may only be 1-2 years long. Maybe less. It may be 10 years long. But a pre-existing condition that will never get better should raise red flags. Like D-Rob's knees. This sport is rough enough without a strike against a player medically.

I think Brick is going to be absolutely great. But I would've been much happier if the opportunity was there to trade down to #20 or so and grab McNeill (where he was expected to go pre-draft) and end up with another 1st & 2nd rounder.

McNeil will have problems with pass rushing ends, book it.

As for Gallery, I remember after he ran that great 40 time is when he really shot up in the draft, from the top 10 to top 5. Overrated.

Brick is worlds better than him.

I agree that Ferguson is better than Gallery but I won't "book" your statement about McNeill and pass rushing ends. Maybe as a rook he might have some problems with elite pass rushing ends, so will D'Brick, but as he gains more experience I see him becoming one of the elite Offensive Linemen in the NFL. For a guy his size, he moves very well laterally and is very agile.

what teams loved about Gallery is while every other top flight pick was waiting for pro day, he gutted it out with the scrubs at the combine

as for the issue of being a bust, believe it's too early for that label -

Cards OT Leonard Davis was another high pick like Gallery didn't really live up to draft status and hype and in that sense both are somewhat busts

with better technique Gallery could be a servicable player in the league but he's probably not an all pro in the making

What's most disturbing about Gallery is that everytime I watch the Raiders he just doesnt get beat but he gets tossed around. Its not like he keeps getting beat with the outside speed rush - he gets manhandled on far too many plays. Defenders get into his chest and its good night Irene. Merriman was just abusing him lastnight. Anybody remember week 1 last year when Willie McGinest just ran right over him? THat just cant happen.

Archived