Nice Job Max

PatsFanTX

The Pats completely dominate the Jets and Max decides to take the site down for a while today (I'm sure it was "techical difficulties").

I was terribly impressed when Coles made half of your defense look like the Keystone Cops in a single play. It went both ways, but I'm sure you know that.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was terribly impressed when Coles made half of your defense look like the Keystone Cops in a single play. It went both ways, but I'm sure you know that.

Coles play was great. :puke:

However, let's be realistic. Jets' fans would like to think the 10 yard punt was the turning/key play of the game. However, before that play and another half quarter after that play, the Patriots controlled the game. After the Jets made their run, with the game on the line, the Patriots again seized control and bled the clock.

If anything, it shows how the game can turn on a team quickly. The Patriots had control of the game and a 24 point lead and in the space of minutes, the Jets made two exceptional plays that allowed them back in the game. However, that does not erase the fact that the Patriots were kicking the Jets' ass for most of the game.

However, let's be realistic. Jets' fans would like to think the 10 yard punt was the turning/key play of the game. However, before that play and another half quarter after that play, the Patriots controlled the game. After the Jets made their run, with the game on the line, the Patriots again seized control and bled the clock.

If anything, it shows how the game can turn on a team quickly. The Patriots had control of the game and a 24 point lead and in the space of minutes, the Jets made two exceptional plays that allowed them back in the game. However, that does not erase the fact that the Patriots were kicking the Jets' ass for most of the game.

Typical Patsie babble. Ignore all the problems with the Pats. Enjoy another AFC East division crown. Oh and a 1st round playoff exit. There was a time when you guys were happy with more.

How do you know what that is?

The only time the Jets ever get one is when they back in or are awarded one on a 3-way tiebreaker.

Have the Jets ever "earned" an AFCE crown?

I couldn't care less. I am concerned with the Jets winning the Super Bowl. You can have all the division crowns you want. Any season that ends without a Super Bowl victory is a failure.

You used to feel that way as well. Oh how your standards how slipped. One could say your standards have fallen in direct proportion to the Pats talent level!

It's I "could" care less.;)

Don't you think you should worry about winning a few AFCE titles before you start thinking about the Super Bowl?

oh so now you are professor grammar? :roll:

if you were a JETS fan, would you be satisfied with an AFCE title?

i dont think so...

...I suspect that most Jest fans would be very happy with a Division title because the expectations going into this season were quite low.

I saw some bad tackling by the Pats on Sunday - primarily by Eugene Wilson. All training camp he was practicing at corner instead of his usual free safety role. Did that mess up his timing? I dunno - but even the angles he took looked off. Anyway, it's fixable. It's really early in the season - and barring any bad injuries, both the Pats and the Jest should improve as the season progresses. Brady and his receivers need time to gel. They will miss Branch all season - although what I saw out of Jackson was promising as heck. I love Maroney. The d-line is money.....and I noticed that they were playing a 4-3 almost all game. Good. D-line is the strength.....and Colvin, Bruschi and Vrable isn't easy to sneeze at either.

As a Pats fan, I am concerned - but hopeful. I still think the Pats have a legitimate shot at the SB until/if my concerns become fear.

I think the Jets are just going to get better and better as the year goes on. Mangini has brought - CONFIDENCE (and Competence) to the team. Jets fans should be pleased.

It's I "could" care less.;)

Don't you think you should worry about winning a few AFCE titles before you start thinking about the Super Bowl?

No Tx you are wrong. What I MEANT to say is what I typed. I couldn't care less. If I could care less that means I cared a little bit right now. I don't.

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lounge/254200/i-couldnt-care-less/

http://spl.haxial.net/incorrect-phrase-usage/

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/44/messages/398.html

If there is anything worse than an internet grammar cop, it is an internet grammar cop that is wrong.

Next week I will cover hyphens.

I am unbannable.

I am un-bannable.

I am un-ban-able.

I-am-un-ban-able.

\:D/

No Tx you are wrong. What I MEANT to say is what I typed. I couldn't care less. If I could care less that means I cared a little bit right now. I don't.

http://forums.macnn.com/89/macnn-lounge/254200/i-couldnt-care-less/

http://spl.haxial.net/incorrect-phrase-usage/

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/44/messages/398.html

If there is anything worse than an internet grammar cop, it is an internet grammar cop that is wrong.

Next week I will cover hyphens.

I am unbannable.

I am un-bannable.

I am un-ban-able.

I-am-un-ban-able.

\:D/

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :yahoo:

I am not saying the Patriots weren't the better team on Sunday. They were more consistant than the Jets and in the end they deserved the win. They certainly dominated the first half.

But to say that they 'dominated the game' is foolish. No team that dominates a game gives up 17 unanswered points while up 24-0. Especially a team coached by Bill Belichick. Mr. 'No Mistakes' himself. The Jets, while inexperienced and awkward, were able to score with playmaking ability.

You can't say Chad was inefficient while dismissing the plays made by Coles and Cotchery as fluke plays. You also can't say Chad was inefficient while ignoring the fact that Tom Brady underthrew a deep route into double coverage to a guy you haven't had on your team long enough to form a chemistry. Whether that one was a playcalling error by your offensive staff or a judgment error made by Brady, it was an egregious error all the same. That play more than the Cotchery play put the crowd back into it.

The performance of the individual players on the field does matter at all times, not just when it's convenient for an argument.

By the way, a couple of the counterpoints that I made are in response to a few different arguments made by Pats fans I've read in the past few days, they aren't necessarily in direct response to your post.

dude, dont fall into the TX SCHTICK......if you think that the JETS scored becasue of fluke plays..i lost alot of respect for you...COLES broke every tackle that your pansy DB's brought him..if youre gonna criticize anyone , it should be your tackling skills......

as far as the COTCH catch, how can you criticize a guy for staying on his feet...?????? and again..your DB's are goin for the "BIG HIT " instead of wrapping the WR's up ...cant fault Cotch for that...

Shaddup, spjets. Dummy.

You know that the pats defense cannot take any blame on those 2 fluke plays. Coles was gonna run out of bounds before ellis hobbs guided him into the endzone, and Rodney Harrison gave Cotchery a piggyback ride for the TD.

dude, dont fall into the TX SCHTICK......if you think that the JETS scored becasue of fluke plays..i lost alot of respect for you...COLES broke every tackle that your pansy DB's brought him..if youre gonna criticize anyone , it should be your tackling skills......

as far as the COTCH catch, how can you criticize a guy for staying on his feet...?????? and again..your DB's are goin for the "BIG HIT " instead of wrapping the WR's up ...cant fault Cotch for that...

Coles play was excellent. He dodged tackles and scored.

Cotchery? You must admit that it was a freaky play you won't see again this year.

You didn't answer my question about the last 9 minutes of the game.

Coles play was excellent. He dodged tackles and scored.

Cotchery? You must admit that it was a freaky play you won't see again this year.

You didn't answer my question about the last 9 minutes of the game.

it was 8 minutes :P..

LOL...youre right they did ....but..you gotta admit..after the jets blocked the FG. you started sweatin a bit..;)

For crying out loud sp, take it easy.

Let me address the "TX SCHTICK" comment:

First the Cotchery play:

Unbelievable athleticism on his part to take an brutal hit (from two defenders) and not go down. Bottom line, 99 out of 100 receviers, their knee or elbow hits the ground.

Can you say that any #3 WR on any NFL team would "consistently" make that play? I tend to doubt it. That play was a complete fluke, and you have to admit that.

Second, the Coles play:

This was absolutely great football. PennyBoy read the blitz, Coles was the "hot" receiver and broke off his pattern, and he made a fantastic run after the catch.

You happy now sp?;)

Let me address the "TX SCHTICK" comment:

First the Cotchery play:

Unbelievable athleticism on his part to take an brutal hit (from two defenders) and not go down. Bottom line, 99 out of 100 receviers, their knee or elbow hits the ground.

Can you say that any #3 WR on any NFL team would "consistently" make that play? I tend to doubt it. That play was a complete fluke, and you have to admit that.

Second, the Coles play:

This was absolutely great football. PennyBoy read the blitz, Coles was the "hot" receiver and broke off his pattern, and he made a fantastic run after the catch.

You happy now sp?;)

much better..HAHA

FYI, Cotchery is the number 2 receiver on the Jets. A fluke play is more like a fumble being called a tuck, thereby altering the course of history.

PS: The correct term is I couldn't care less. Just because everyone butchers the saying doesn't make the wrong usage correct. Max, being the cunning linguist that he is, is actually correct.

PS: The correct term is I couldn't care less. Just because everyone butchers the saying doesn't make the wrong usage correct. Max, being the cunning linguist that he is, is actually correct.

Nope, you're way too literal kid..

While, indeed, i couldn't care less is perfectly proper and gets the point across, it does not mean the other term does not work just as well.

I could care less. Yes, you're trying to be an intellect with your point, but you're an idiot, everyone already realizes that if you want to define it in webster dictionary terms it may not come off how you meant it to sound. Yet you think you are smarter than everyone and we all fail to realize this...

I could care less...we all have said that and we know exactly what we mean.. We could care less, we could care more, but its basically saying we dont care... don't you get it? dude you're no hemingway, so give it up

Nope, you're way too literal kid..

While, indeed, i couldn't care less is perfectly proper and gets the point across, it does not mean the other term does not work just as well.

I could care less. Yes, you're trying to be an intellect with your point, but you're an idiot, everyone already realizes that if you want to define it in webster dictionary terms it may not come off how you meant it to sound. Yet you think you are smarter than everyone and we all fail to realize this...

I could care less...we all have said that and we know exactly what we mean.. We could care less, we could care more, but its basically saying we dont care... don't you get it? dude you're no hemingway, so give it up

With a username like you have, who the hell can take you seriously, unless there were a bunch of 12 and 13 year old on the board.

Archived