Everybody crank up some Springsteen

SoFlaJets

im 33 ...im not young..and i think he sucks....

he's one of those rare artists that if you saw him live in person you'd change your mind...especially back in the mid to late 70's.I saw him at Kean College in the Gym at the end of the Born To Run tour WOW-then Rutgers also in the gym in 76 and then at the Garden in 78 great great rock n roll shows

i dont like his music , never did..

same thing with Bon jovi...

never got into there music growing up...just because im from NJ doesnt mean i have to like them....

and i lost even more respect for Bruce after he came out with that 41 shots song...

he's one of those rare artists that if you saw him live in person you'd change your mind...especially back in the mid to late 70's.I saw him at Kean College in the Gym at the end of the Born To Run tour WOW-then Rutgers also in the gym in 76 and then at the Garden in 78 great great rock n roll shows

I would agree SFJ..I've seen him over 70 times over the years.

First time was in The Bottom Line..I think it was 1974.

Time flies!

He's one of those artists that you HAVE to see live because his studio work is mediocre at best.

I also agree with Jetman - too political. And honestly... what's HIS opinion worth? Shut up and sing.

Agree with both of the points made in this thread- he is someone you have to see live and in person and he certainly gives you three solid hours of music and Bruce should stick to music and not interject his personal feelings on subjects.

Agree with both of the points made in this thread- he is someone you have to see live and in person and he certainly gives you three solid hours of music and Bruce should stick to music and not interject his personal feelings on subjects.

That goes for Neil Young as well.

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." Vincent Damon Furnier - aka - Alice Cooper

If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal." Vincent Damon Furnier - aka - Alice Cooper

I don't think anyone really goes to Bruce or any other artist (actors included) for information. I would actually think that someone who gives their political views during their show (no matter what political view that may be) will alienate listeners. I can't see anyone suddenly thinking that they should START to listen to someone just because of similar political viewpoints.

Interesting... the couple of times I've seen Neil Young play he didn't rant at all. He told stories, but they pertained to the tunes.

Stay away from Jackson Browne if you plan on only hearing music when you go see him.

I heard from a couple of people that the recent CSNY tour featured political filibustering all throughout.

When I saw them in...oh sh1t...1974...at the Nassau Coliseum, it was a blast and I have no recollection of what they said.

When N.Young stole the Dylan tribute show at the Garden in about 1991, he was incredible, and he didnt talk much.

it's his 57th birthday....not some of you younger guys that (are clueless) and think he sucks-listening to various live stuff now-Incident On 57th Street..."goodnight it's all right Janey...oh I'll meet you tomorrow night on lover's lane..."

He doesn't suck, just vastly overrated.

He's kind of like Billy Joel - The music they compose is average at best. If it weren't for the incredible lyrics they write, they'd both be sucking dick on the NJ/LI streets for beer money.

Archived