Now we know why Belly mad Mangini left, Pats in death spiral

SouthernJet

Its over, kaput, fini,,, the Pats reign is over. They may squeak out a Div title this year and then lose in 1st round, but they wont sniff a big playoff game for years.

The Jets will win more than Pats in 2007, without a doubt.

Pats are not going to win ANY division titles.

Not this year.

BZ

And who will?

The Jets with their 6-8 wins?

all kidding aside tex,,

Pats are playing like they are missing a key engine part,, they look good, look smart etc,, but they are not the same.. it was expected eventually, but not so fast.. I think the mass exodus of coaches and the adultery nightmare in the press for Belly has taken its toll, his actions with Mangini etc may show a mini stress fracture in his mental state,,,

like i said, maybe another afc-e title thi syear,, but it looks like the dominance is over,,

all kidding aside tex,,

Pats are playing like they are missing a key engine part,, they look good, look smart etc,, but they are not the same.. it was expected eventually, but not so fast.. I think the mass exodus of coaches and the adultery nightmare in the press for Belly has taken its toll, his actions with Mangini etc may show a mini stress fracture in his mental state,,,

like i said, maybe another afc-e title thi syear,, but it looks like the dominance is over,,

Why do you think that the "adultery nightmare" is a distraction to Belicheck? I'd think that the fact that any woman would have sex with him would be more of a distraction. I thought Mangini and Belly are two geeks that can't get any action so they bury their noses in play books and game tapes. I find it hard to believe he's a master swordsman.

Why do you think that the "adultery nightmare" is a distraction to Belicheck? I'd think that the fact that any woman would have sex with him would be more of a distraction. I thought Mangini and Belly are two geeks that can't get any action so they bury their noses in play books and game tapes. I find it hard to believe he's a master swordsman.

he is distracted by the press about it and how he embarrassed his family etc..

but main reason is coaching exodus,,

weis, romeo, eric,,

I don't believe you gave the Jets a chance to win anywhere near 6-8 games before the season started, You are like Mangini making adjustments to your posts as things change.

:yahoo:

As soon as Mangini was hired as HC, I said the Jets would win between 6-8 games this year.

Go back and look at those threads.

I believe the search feature is free on here.

he is distracted by the press about it and how he embarrassed his family etc..

but main reason is coaching exodus,,

weis, romeo, eric,,

you're right, it has caught up with them, it just had to. they lost too many quality coaches in a short span. they're short in the wr area too.

As soon as Mangini was hired as HC, I said the Jets would win between 6-8 games this year.

Go back and look at those threads.

I believe the search feature is free on here.

calm down Tex...

Here is a tip that you Pat fans havent had to know for few years. We as Jets fans are all quite aware of how to deal with Monday morning bad moods after crappy football performances by our teams. So as a Public Service I am letting you know as a fan of a now crappy football team, that 2 coffees and a vicodin are needed to relax and calm down. This way you dont get too testy.

By the way, any advice for us Jet fans on how to behave now that we have th ebest team in the AFC-E?

well, for someone who trashes the Jets and Chad so much, to state that in what is supposed to be a rebuilding year they would win 6-8 games....is kinda contradictory....don't you think? If I spent half my life on another teams site I might know how to use the search ,,,,free or not but thanks for the heads up TX

::GoJets:

I don't believe you gave the Jets a chance to win anywhere near 6-8 games before the season started, You are like Mangini making adjustments to your posts as things change.

:yahoo:

While it is early, at last count they only have two wins. I am standing by my prediction. ;-)

southern

They lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. They have talent on both sides of the ball, but no one is stepping upto make the big play.

The biggest reason the Jets won yesterday is because they capitalized on two turnovers. The Patriots have been very poor at forcing turnovers since the start of 2005 inparticular getting INTs. Last night was a perfect example. Aside from one play from Tedy and one from Assante, no one else came close to forcing a turnover or getting a pick. The Patriots used to be good enough to make good teams kill themselves. They are not anymore.

Without the turnovers, the defense stays on the field and the offense has to put sustained drives together. Against average and below that will not be a problem. Against teams like Denver, that play the field position game real well, last night is what is instore for the Patriots.

PatsFanTX vbmenu_register("postmenu_282585", true);

Hall Of Famer

vCash: 499

The Texans easily. They have a real QB.

user_online.gifreport.gif

Hey look I figured out how to use the free search ....and found another gem of a prediction......in a poll of who would win more games ...Jets or Hou. great job

So Denver, who looked like a bottom-5 team for the first two weeks, including a near-loss to the OL-less, QB-less, Herm-led KC Chiefs. Now they're an elite team again b/c they beat the Patriots? Why? B/c NE has squeaked out wins against two team in the early stages of rebuilding?

Jets may be far from great, but you're supposed to when you're rebuilding. NE is supposed to still be in its prime. All you lost was a 2nd tier WR in Branch, and a 3rd tier WR in Givens. If BB was so brilliant, and Brady was so great, they should be easy to replace.

The only confusion BB is creating to opposing defenses is forcing them to wonder what the hell Troy Brown is doing on the field.

you're right, it has caught up with them, it just had to. they lost too many quality coaches in a short span. they're short in the wr area too.

I disagree.

The whole thing about "distractions" are way overblown.

The problem with the Pats right now are players are just not performing.

While it is early, at last count they only have two wins. I am standing by my prediction. ;-)

southern

They lack playmakers on both sides of the ball. They have talent on both sides of the ball, but no one is stepping upto make the big play.

The biggest reason the Jets won yesterday is because they capitalized on two turnovers. The Patriots have been very poor at forcing turnovers since the start of 2005 inparticular getting INTs. Last night was a perfect example. Aside from one play from Tedy and one from Assante, no one else came close to forcing a turnover or getting a pick. The Patriots used to be good enough to make good teams kill themselves. They are not anymore.

Without the turnovers, the defense stays on the field and the offense has to put sustained drives together. Against average and below that will not be a problem. Against teams like Denver, that play the field position game real well, last night is what is instore for the Patriots.

agree

southern

Southern doesn't care about playmakers. That's why he doesn't care that Abraham and Moss are gone. Slow and steady can win the race, but I'll take some playmakers mixed in.

Southern doesn't care about playmakers. That's why he doesn't care that Abraham and Moss are gone. Slow and steady can win the race, but I'll take some playmakers mixed in.

i care about playmakers that are team oriented, Abe wasnt,, Moss was OK but way too brittle and he fell when a leaf hit him (aka Becht disease) ,,Penny isnt right QB for Moss,,

but we cant argue with the system Eric is using with nonstars??

I agree.

Whether it was Good Ty, Bad Ty or Fat Ty, he always managed to get a pick. The same with Willie. Especially against the Colts, when a big play was needed for a defensive stop, he was usually there.

i care about playmakers that are team oriented, Abe wasnt,, Moss was OK but way too brittle and he fell when a leaf hit him (aka Becht disease) ,,Penny isnt right QB for Moss,,

but we cant argue with the system Eric is using with nonstars??

Can't argue with Mangini so far. You guys all hate Becht, but it's been two years and the team hasn't found a replacement that's any better. Small fast guys are often "brittle." That covers both Moss and Abraham. The non-stars that have contributed so far include BSmith and Leon Washington. You can damn well bet that both have flaws in their games, but they are playmakers. It's up the coach to keep those flaws from being exposed.

The trouble with brittle/limited playmakers isn't with the players themselves, it's with not overpaying them and screwing yourself cap-wise. However, the Pats were careful not to overpay and now maybe it's going to bite them on the ass.

I disagree.

Correct.

Your kicker was a waste of a 4th rd pick.

Your WR can't seem to learn the play-book and appears to be a waste of a 2nd rd pick.

China Dillion can't stay healthy.

Your secondary can't tackle.

You can't beat the better teams in the NFL.

I disagree.

I can't believe I missed this. A friggin' Herm Edwards excuse if I ever heard one. "The gameplan was fine but players just didn't execute" blah blah blah.

The Patriots demise is upon you, seed of Satan.

I can't believe I missed this. A friggin' Herm Edwards excuse if I ever heard one. "The gameplan was fine but players just didn't execute" blah blah blah.

The Patriots demise is upon you, seed of Satan.

hey Spermy if Herman Edwards would have given up like Belly did with a minute left and STILL A CHANCE TO WIN THE GAME there would be endless material here for 2 weeks

When all is said and done the Pats will most likely win the AFC East in 2006. With that they get a playoff game at home against most likely Jacksonville / Denver / San Diego / Baltimore / Pittsburgh. Should be interesting but I think I'd take the Pats at home in the playoffs but then they would lose in 2nd round to either Cincinnati or Indianapolis.

Archived