Expectations for next 2 weeks?

4HCrew

You joking, right Booz?:eek:

It was "BB's fault" that Cotchery flips around 3 times, lands on a Pats DB and then goes for a TD?

And it was "BB's fault" that the Pats couldn't tackle Coles?

How many long, sustained drives did the Jets have for TD's that day?

The answer is ZERO.

And when they needed it most, the Pats drove over 70 yards, eating up 8:00 minutes and converting on a 3rd and 9, 3rd and 6 and a 3rd and 8.

But the Pats didn't dominate that game.:eek:

Personally Tex, I agree with you about that. The Pats did dominate the game, but I'm not embarrassed about the Jets performance. I have low expectations and I'm happy that the team seemed well prepared, played hard until the end and seemed well coached. I'm particularly pleased that the final score was close.

OTOH, if the Pats are up big, why the hell can't they manage to tackle two WRs who are not exactly Steve Smith after the catch? When you are up big you are supposed to let the other guy catch it and then tackle him, didn't seem like your dbs grasped the concept. I also watched a replay and BB was sending the blitz on the Coles play. Another odd decision to me.

OTOH, if the Pats are up big, why the hell can't they manage to tackle two WRs who are not exactly Steve Smith after the catch? When you are up big you are supposed to let the other guy catch it and then tackle him, didn't seem like your dbs grasped the concept. I also watched a replay and BB was sending the blitz on the Coles play. Another odd decision to me.

Dom,

The Pats tackling has been atrocious in all 3 games, especially in the secondary.

I still feel the Cotchery play was kind of flukish. 99 times out of 100, his knee or elbow would hit the ground, especially after taking a hit like that.

The Coles play was just good football. First, Coles was the "hot receiver" on the blitz on that play. He correctly broke off his pattern and looked for the ball. He made a great run after the catch.

I don't expect them to get either game.

Their best chance may be this week against the Colts. To expect them to go into Jax and beat probably the most physical AFC team is a little much to ask for.

I think you will see alot of what the Pats did to Manning the last couple of years defensively this week. The question is will it work ? Big difference between the Pats Super Bowl D's and the Jets D but my guess is that is what Mangini will try and do to neutralize Manning.

If the Jets split the next two I would be elated especially with Miami, Cleveland and Detroit coming up before the bye.

Jacksonville can be beaten, as we saw by playing them last year, and they are the exact same team as last year. Their offense is pretty good, but they give up some big plays to the defense sometimes, we could capitalize on that. And their secondary can be beaten deep. It will be hard because I think its in jacksonville.

We will beat the Colts. Vilma has a huge day.

Winning 2 games in weeks 4 and 5 of a regular season would be the Jets single biggest accomplishment since Super Bowl III?:eek:

Absolutely. The odds against the Jets winning both games are so astronomically against them (they ARE facing arguable the best offensive team and the best defensive teams in the NFL on back to back weeks) that winning both would supplant anything the Jets have done since their Super Bowl victory.

Why? Because to the NFL world, they are going to lose both games. Badly. I'm talking about 14+ points badly. They are in a transition year with a QB coming off TWO surgeries, a completely new defensive scheme, a very inexperienced offensive line and the worst running game in the NFL. If they beat Goliath in back to back weeks, it would make them the surprise team of the league AND put them in the driver's seat in the AFC by default. This is not even a reasonable expectation even amongst Jets fans.

So yes, Tx, it may be sad that I would consider this better than anything the Jets have done in 37 years. But you're not a Jets fan.

Dom,

The Pats tackling has been atrocious in all 3 games, especially in the secondary.

I still feel the Cotchery play was kind of flukish. 99 times out of 100, his knee or elbow would hit the ground, especially after taking a hit like that.

The Coles play was just good football. First, Coles was the "hot receiver" on the blitz on that play. He correctly broke off his pattern and looked for the ball. He made a great run after the catch.

Doesn't bode well for playing against CJ, Henry & TJ Hous-whatever. They are all kind of big jump ball guys, but the Pats secondary had better bring their a game because those guys beat up on the Steelers. Rothlisberger may be looking lost, but the Steelers D is still top notch.

Absolutely. The odds against the Jets winning both games are so astronomically against them (they ARE facing arguable the best offensive team and the best defensive teams in the NFL on back to back weeks) that winning both would supplant anything the Jets have done since their Super Bowl victory.

Why? Because to the NFL world, they are going to lose both games. Badly. I'm talking about 14+ points badly. They are in a transition year with a QB coming off TWO surgeries, a completely new defensive scheme, a very inexperienced offensive line and the worst running game in the NFL. If they beat Goliath in back to back weeks, it would make them the surprise team of the league AND put them in the driver's seat in the AFC by default. This is not even a reasonable expectation even amongst Jets fans.

So yes, Tx, it may be sad that I would consider this better than anything the Jets have done in 37 years. But you're not a Jets fan.

I'd say the two road playoff games in Cinn and oakland that preceded the Mud Bowl was the best two game streak since 68-69.

I can maybe see the Jets sneaking out one of these two games. The key to beating Manning is to play him at his own game (I don't mean the shootout part of it) and mix up the coverages. Don't leave him see the true defense unil the ball's getting snapped. The problem with this though is we need the defense to be ready in every scheme we change out of before the snap, because we could easily try this and do twice as bad, because Peyon could just hike it while we're still changing formations, and just go deep for 6. Blitz at Peyton, that's the way to stop him. You must get pressure on him. If you don't apply pressure, he'll have a field day on our secondary. Do a few more of those weak-side Rhodes' blitzes. We have to force turnovers and keep possession of the ball. Minimize the amount of turnovers on the offensive line and we have a chance. We need to do all this to have a chance. I predict the Colts to win this one by 10, and the Jags beat us by 7.

What game did you watch?

It was 24-0 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Two fluke plays made that game seem much closer than it actually was.

The Pats physically dominated the Jets on both sides of the football.

24-17 doesn't really do much to prove your point. If the Jets were physically dominated then how did they score 17 unanswered points? Was it luck? And if you believe it was luck, then who's to say the Patriots didn't get lucky scoring 24 points?

Sounds to me like the somewhat logical TX is actually more of a homer than the people he likes to make fun of.

Seriously, I really want to follow your logic here. Oh, that's right. I'm asking for logic from a Patriots fan who spends all of his day posting on 2 Jets Fan Forums. Where's the logic in that?

24-17 doesn't really do much to prove your point. If the Jets were physically dominated then how did they score 17 unanswered points? Was it luck? And if you believe it was luck, then who's to say the Patriots didn't get lucky scoring 24 points?

The Pats had nice, long, sustained scoring drives building a 24-0 lead.

The Jets scored 2 TD's in a matter of seconds.

They did not have one long scoring drive the entire game.

I never said the Jets dominated the Pats. You were the one who said the Pats dominated the Jets.

If the Pats physically dominated the Jets, then how could they let them score 2 TD's especially in a matter of seconds???

A team that physically dominates another team certainly doesn't allow them to score a 17 unanswered points.

As far as I see it the only thing any Patriot has dominated has been Brady's domination over the Kleenex with all of his crying this year.

If you really think about, it's just a continuation of last year when he cried after losing to Denver.

Domination is not a word anybody is associating with the Patriots this year.

Except for you, of course.

NE has a very solid front 7, long drives aren't the way to beat NE. We have a rookie staff it took a half to figure out that Coles and Cotch could make the NE secondary their b*tches.

As far as I see it the only thing any Patriot has dominated has been Brady's domination over the Kleenex with all of his crying this year.

I love quality posts like this.

Right up there with the Brady is gay comebacks.:eek:

Bottom line, Brady is 7-0 versus the Jets over the last 4 years.

When PennyBoy and company can finally beat the Pats, then you guys can go shooting off your mouth.

When PennyBoy and company can finally beat the Pats, then you guys can go shooting off your mouth.

That is no fun.

How about we shoot off our mouths now in ANTICIPATION of beating the crap out of the Pats later this year.

Much better.

Besides, if winning had anything to do with shooting off your mouth, the Pats and Red Sox fans would have been quiet for all of last century.

BZ

How about we shoot off our mouths now in ANTICIPATION of beating the crap out of the Pats later this year.

BZ, Jets fan have had this "anticipation" for the last 4 years and the Jets went a pathetic 0-7 against the Pats.

Absolutely nothing will change later this year.

The Pats absolutely own the Jets and that won't be changing anytime soon.

Deal with it.;)

Bottom line the Pats were flat better the last 4 years and Herm was incapable of making adjustments. The Pats aren't as good the Jets are better and we have a staff that can think and change. Past performance is no indication of future results.

BZ, Jets fan have had this "anticipation" for the last 4 years and the Jets went a pathetic 0-7 against the Pats.

Absolutely nothing will change later this year.

The Pats absolutely own the Jets and that won't be changing anytime soon.

Deal with it.;)

We will deal with it when we see you again.

In the meantime, how about trying to score more than once every 6 quarters. It might help.

Oh, and say hi to Vinny for us.

BZ

I'm talking about the Pats game.

Doesn't PennyBoy have like 3 TD's and 9 INT's against the Pats over the last 4 years?

You need to try and separate out the seasons.

Here is a little guide:

Last season, Tom Brady had weapons, was accurate and protected.

This season, none of that stuff above. :)

BZ

Archived