Expectations for next 2 weeks?

4HCrew

What are your forecasts for next 2 weeks? This Sunday in my heart I hope the Jets can keep it close and have a chance in the 4th quarter but my instincts say Peyton and Co will have a huge day and the game is not close in the 3rd quarter. The Jax game will be a physical bounce back game and for some reason I think the Jets may sneak that one out.

I have no clue but I think winning both games is possible. Think about it, this team has come out and played tough football for every minute of every game. There's no reason they can't win both games, I know it's a long shot, but you know the old saying "any given Sunday."

Funny you ask, 4H.

Last night I was looking at the sked, and see three instances of two tough games in a row on the schedule.

1- This week vs Colts followed by next week at Jax.

2- At NE followed by the game vs Da Bears.

3- Two road games at Minn and Mia.

Those three stetches will determine how good or bad the record is at the end of the season. The other games are all winnable and I figured them as good opportunities to put Ws in the win column.

At Jax is going to be a very difficult game.

The Colts game is going to be exciting; I hope I'm wrong, but

Ponies 28

NYJ 24

Funny you ask, 4H.

Last night I was looking at the sked, and see three instances of two tough games in a row on the schedule.

Those three stetches will determine how good or bad the record is at the end of the season. The other games are all winnable and I figured them as good opportunities to put Ws in the win column.

Ponies 28

NYJ 24

Hey JC, didn't you pick against the Jets last week? Keep it up, we may have something here.;)

Just to play well and keep the games close. We don't have to win, although we're all hoping for 2-0, it won't happen and the best we can look for is 1-1 and if that happens it will be a great thing and will get this team rolling along towards a playoff run.

While predicting this season, I saw the Bills, Colts and Jags as all losses, but I have seen much more talent and guts in these last weeks than I expected.

I hope and believe we will win both games, but somewhere down inside, where people don't talk about, I feel like we will lose at home and win on the road.

Officially thought: TWO WINS!

BZ

I expect two losses.

If JP Loshman can throw for 350 on us, I'm not in a very big hurry to see what Manning can do.

That Jacksonville defense just might hold the running backs to single digits.

However, I still realize that anything can happen in the NFL. No way in the world the Jets should win either of these games, but I'll be watching and rooting my ass off, hoping this team proves me wrong on at least one of the two games.

If we do not get into a shootout with teh Colts, we have a slight chance. If it becomes a shootout, we may find ourselves on the short-end of a 41-20 game. Or something like that.

Keep it close, and within a TD in the 4th quarter, and we have a shot. That is about as realistic a chance as we have.

We should do better vs. the Jags. They have a very solid defense, but their offense is not big time. I still have not seen Leftwich take the next step. Maybe they don't let him, but that team does not pass as often as they should.

Funny you ask, 4H.

Ponies 28

NYJ 24

As fans we can't let the results of the next 2 weeks bum us out if they don't go our way. Same for NE-Bears after the BYE.

These are games we never predicted the Jets to win before the season.

The coaching staffs game planning and Pennington's health have obviously altered our expectations a little.

We just need to come out on top in the games we should win and we'll still have a outside shot at a WC birth or winning record.

Here's the bottom line-Even with rag-tag players the Pats D always seemed to befuddle Manning. If Mangini knows that strategy, then I have no doubt the game will be close. If he doesn't then we will be in for a long one. plain and simple. My expectation is we lose to both the Colts and Jags. If we win one I'd be extremely happy.

Those fluke plays- one was a great play by Cotchery to stay on his feet and not go to the ground and the other were whiffs at tackling by the Pats secondary and Coles taking advantage of it.

The Jets will be better for the second go round with the Pats will the Pats be better?

I think we have a shot at home against the colts .If our D studied those games where manning played badly....vs pats,steelers..etc then we should be ok .On the other hand the Jax game will be much harder ,away from home against a very good D it's going to be hard to pullout a win over there. If we win 1 out of 2 I will be very pleased with that.Go Jets we have Faith.

What game did you watch?

It was 24-0 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Two fluke plays made that game seem much closer than it actually was.

The Pats physically dominated the Jets on both sides of the football.

The Jets were not embarrassed by the Pats. They were dominated in the trenches sure, but not embarrassed. The final score was close. The Jets scored, moved the ball and were able to get key turnovers. The second half was good, but I didn't expect to actually win the game. The first half was embarrassing, but you can do that now and then, especially when you are rebuilding. Just not every week, like the Giants.

By your criteria the Jets embarrassed the Colts in Super Bowl III. If I have to see that BS NFL films clip where they act like Johnny U would have won if he started I'll puke. Teams are supposed to be able to move the ball against a de facto prevent, just like the Jets against the Pats. If we couldn't have I'd have been truly embarrassed.

for whatever reason i think jax is a very winnable game. i think that in both games the jets will have to come up with a great gameplan to win - something i am actually confident this staff can do. what a refreshing concept, the jets could potentially out gameplan a superior opponent. i would take mangini over both of the other 2 coaches everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

That's what we can't have happen. The Pats didn't embarass us. Was that because our coach made adjustments or because the Pats aren't that good? I guess we'll find out.

What game did you watch?

It was 24-0 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Two fluke plays made that game seem much closer than it actually was.

The Pats physically dominated the Jets on both sides of the football.

The only thing embarrasing about the Jets/Pats game was the fact that the Pats allowed the Jets a chance to tie the game. After being up 24-0. Such a "well coached" team should never let their guard down and allow any team back in after leading 24-0 ibn the 3rd. Now we all know how good the coach is for the Pats, so obviously they just aren't that good on the field if they can't keep a 24-0 lead from being in jeopardy. That, my friend, is embarrasing.

The only thing embarrasing about the Jets/Pats game was the fact that the Pats allowed the Jets a chance to tie the game. After being up 24-0. Such a "well coached" team should never let their guard down and allow any team back in after leading 24-0 ibn the 3rd. Now we all know how good the coach is for the Pats, so obviously they just aren't that good on the field if they can't keep a 24-0 lead from being in jeopardy. That, my friend, is embarrasing.

You joking, right Booz?:eek:

It was "BB's fault" that Cotchery flips around 3 times, lands on a Pats DB and then goes for a TD?

And it was "BB's fault" that the Pats couldn't tackle Coles?

How many long, sustained drives did the Jets have for TD's that day?

The answer is ZERO.

And when they needed it most, the Pats drove over 70 yards, eating up 8:00 minutes and converting on a 3rd and 9, 3rd and 6 and a 3rd and 8.

But the Pats didn't dominate that game.:eek:

I think the Jets will lose both. I am more worried about the Jax game. I think a tough - physical defense is the biggest problem they can face. They should be able to keep the ball long enough against the Colts to keep it close.

If they can pull an upset it is the Colts. But I am not banking on it. I will be cheering my head off though.

Oh and if they did beat the Colts these guys are officially a playoff caliber team.

I think the Jets will lose both. I am more worried about the Jax game. I think a tough - physical defense is the biggest problem they can face. They should be able to keep the ball long enough against the Colts to keep it close.

If they can pull an upset it is the Colts. But I am not banking on it. I will be cheering my head off though.

Oh and if they did beat the Colts these guys are officially a playoff caliber team.

Yeah, Jax scares me more.

We can score on the Colts. Thing is, can we slow down their O?

Yeah, Jax scares me more.

We can score on the Colts. Thing is, can we slow down their O?

Agreed. The Jets could win. Not likely but they could. They might also lose by 40. Sad but true. But that is why they play these games on the field!

Archived