Brick gets ready for Freeney

bitonti

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2606473

"I'm pretty sure he's going to have some help," Freeney said.

"He's a rookie, but I think they see a lot of potential in him.

What was he, the fourth pick in the draft? So that tells you what

they think of him."

Colts coach Tony Dungy said opposing teams have generally put

two or three players on Freeney, and the defensive end expects more

of the same against the Jets. Dungy has seen some film of Ferguson,

and thinks the rookie could quickly become a star in the NFL.

"He has the long arms and he kind of reminds me of (former Pro

Bowl tackle) Lomas Brown, maybe more than anyone else that I have

seen recently," Dungy said.

Brick has the speed and long arm spand to go toe-to-toe with Freeney. When all is said & done however I think Freeney's going to end up with a sack or two on Sunday but it will do nothing but not make D'Brick better in the long run.

Best advice for Ferguson to prepare for Freeney is to spin around in circles until he can't see straight then try to block the scrubs on the scout team. Unfortunately Freeney isn't a scrub on the scout team but Ferguson's head will still be spinning by halftime. Better hope all the king's men did a good job of putting Chad back together again...again...

I really don't expect Ferguson to have much trouble with Freeney.Speed rushers are what Brick is built to handle.He has the long arms and the quick feet to go along with his freakish athleticism.I think a bull rusher will give Ferguson more trouble than the smaller speed rushers like Freeney and Abraham.Just my opinion............

Best advice for Ferguson to prepare for Freeney is to spin around in circles until he can't see straight then try to block the scrubs on the scout team. Unfortunately Freeney isn't a scrub on the scout team but Ferguson's head will still be spinning by halftime. Better hope all the king's men did a good job of putting Chad back together again...again...

dumbass..:P

I agree with Jetsman,

I dont think Dbrick will have that much trouble with Freeney. The one thing Dbrick has is incredible speed for a LT. I think his speed might actully throw Freeney off in the beginning of the game. I think this will be a breakout game for Dbrick and show alot of people he will be good for a long time.

I think a LT with D' Bricks skills is best suited for speed rushers also. However, I do think he will struggle against Freeney based on the simple fact that it's safe to say this will be the single best DE he's ever lined up against and will need time to adjust to Freeneys game. JMO.

If he gives up a sack (or even two) I can live with it. Freeney has abused some of the best LTs ever to play the game. I expect him to beat D' Brick, but how bad we shall see. In addition, some rain could really help.

D'Brick is the perfect counter to Freeney as he is athletic, quick and has long arms. Should be a great match up.

Freeney is the best speed rusher in the NFL.

Even with all of DBrick's attributes, Freeney will destroy him without help.

Mangini would be crazy to let D'Brick all alone on an island versus Freeney.

Freeney is the best speed rusher in the NFL.

Even with all of DBrick's attributes, Freeney will destroy him without help.

Mangini would be crazy to let D'Brick all alone on an island versus Freeney.

Freeney has been battling a minor injury though so we'll see.

I don't think he's been playing at 100% and the lack of sacks indicates so.

Archived