gadget plays gettin stale?

joewilly

i liked the 4th and 1 QB sneak where Smith got between Mangold and Chad in the shotgun

the gadget plays are just getting started

can you believe it's week 6 and we haven't seen Smith on a single end around or reverse?

I agree. Prior to this game I wouldn't have thought we needed to waste any of those plays on the Phins, though. What an embarrassing win.

I was screaming for them just to throw the ball and stop all this crap.

I mean, gadgets are good, but never every damn down or play.

BZ

lol... you think maybe we overuse the gadet plays to the point where the defense has no idea what we're thinking and then decide to just defend a run up the middle by default? WELL IT WORKED!!!!!! WHY THE HELL DON'T WE THROW THE BALL MORE?!?!?!?

this is the NFL

no such thing

I understand your point, but my embarrassment comes from the lack of seeing anything worthy of giving me hope against a few future games. Again, after last week's loss we should have absolutely CRUSHED the Dolphins and I just didn't see the intensity that I expected to see from the Jets. It was disappointing. I felt better after the loss to the Colts than I did last night. That was my point.

I am just waiting for 1 of these gadjet plays to get blown up by the defense and returned the other way for a TD.

These gadget plays are good, but I think we need to mix in more of fake gadjets and throwing a deep pass.

(fake screen to brad smith, then hit Coles down the sideline on the other side of the field)

And why was Tim white Dwight getting all the calls on these gadjet plays?

The guy has no moves, all straightline speed.

I am just waiting for 1 of these gadjet plays to get blown up by the defense and returned the other way for a TD.

I thought the lateralled punt return was going to be the one. Can't believe that Dwight still decided to throw that thing. Of course because of the delay and the ball being on the wrong side of the field there was an illegal block.

can you believe it's week 6 and we haven't seen Smith on a single end around or reverse?

bit, teams are starting to shadow Smith, especially when he lines up wide or in the slot.

A reverse to him under those conditions would result in a huge loss.

The Jets need to get him into the passing rotation more consistently so other teams don't key on him when he comes in the game.

bit, teams are starting to shadow Smith, especially when he lines up wide or in the slot.

The Jets need to get him into the passing rotation more consistently so other teams don't key on him when he comes in the game.

I gotta agree with you here. when smith is only involved in the offense for gadget stuff , the results will get worse.

Like the Steelers do within the confines of their offense.

You are thinking a run between the tackles and it ends up being a double reverse with a wideout option to pass on a second and one.

More often then not flawlessly executed.

Like the Steelers do within the confines of their offense.

You are thinking a run between the tackles and it ends up being a double reverse with a wideout option to pass on a second and one.

More often then not flawlessly executed.

The Steelers are the best in the NFL executing those types of plays.

I can't remember one blowing up in their face.

i liked the 4th and 1 QB sneak where Smith got between Mangold and Chad in the shotgun

the gadget plays are just getting started

Agreed.

Sooner or later B.Smith is going to have a reverse / end around and most likely before the season is up be prepared to see Smith THROW the ball from either the shotgun formation with Chad out wide or on a reverse...especially towards the end of the season after teams think it's a handoff or a sneak everytime.

Even if teams used a player to spy him, probably a safety, most LB's aren't near quick enough, that is a victory for the Jets. A guy like Coles could badly exploit a situation where a FS is spying Smith.

It will take him a while to develop route running skills, and discipline to run precise patens.

In the mean time they are making excellent use of his natural skills.

Wait till he gets the route running thing down. If he works at it in the offseason it will probably be next year. Then look out.

And why was Tim white Dwight getting all the calls on these gadjet plays?

The guy has no moves, all straightline speed.

I hear ya dawg. I hate seeing Dwight on the field so much. He's a mangini guy from NE though, that's prob. why he gets so much action.

He's not really good enough to warrant the amount of time he spends on the field.

This is probably the second or third time I've agreed with you TX, and I'm not happy about it.

An embarassing statement. This is the NFL. No win is embarassing

That is one of the smartest things anyone has ever said..winning or losing in the NFL is such a fine line..its friggin hard to win in this league consistently.just like the NFL wants it to be..They (NFL) wishes everyone was 8-8 or 9 - 7 and every game has meaning..Thats how you keep fannies in the seats. Thats why the Super bowl winners have the hardest schedule..The NFL wants different teams in the Super bowl every year to keep every fan in it and happy..Its a brilliant business plan. The difference in this league is coaching and getting and keeping the few stars you can afford to pay and avoiding too many injuries.. as far as the gadget plays, it forces opponents to spend practice time working on them..thats a good thing.

Archived