3-3 is pretty damn good

SouthernJet

It's amazing that we are in this position right now, especially considering are glaring deficencies at key positoins.

Mangini has given the Jets a new face, and that has been very important.

BUT, I think the MVP of the coaching staff thus far is Schott. He has been working with close to nothing and putting up points with close to zero run game, and a limited passer (to some degree). This guy works hard at his job, and I appreciate the fact we don't just 'settle,' like in year's past when we didni't think we had the best personell. We create, use our minds...it's refreshing.

Schott could be much worse, but I wasn't singing his praises too much early in either of the last 2 games. At one point in the Jax game I think Chad had completed 4 passes for like 5 yards. In the Miami game he had about 40-50 passing yards on his first 10 completions. That's completions, not attempts. Coincidence or not that we didn't move the ball too well at those points in each game?

Schott could be much worse, but I wasn't singing his praises too much early in either of the last 2 games. At one point in the Jax game I think Chad had completed 4 passes for like 5 yards. In the Miami game he had about 40-50 passing yards on his first 10 completions. That's completions, not attempts. Coincidence or not that we didn't move the ball too well at those points in each game?

I admit that some of those quick paralell passes were getting antagonizing yesterday, but looking at the offense as a whole I think he's doing as much as he can with what he has got.

Mccariens should stop running routes, period.

yeah sperm but give em credit for opening things up in the 3rd quarter and being very effective. proof that schott actually does adjust as the game progresses which is a nice change. tx bashes us for 3 & out near the end but a good play was called on 3rd & short. mccairens fell down remember.

yeah sperm but give em credit for opening things up in the 3rd quarter and being very effective. proof that schott actually does adjust as the game progresses which is a nice change. tx bashes us for 3 & out near the end but a good play was called on 3rd & short. mccairens fell down remember.

If McCareins didn't fall like a spazz he would have easily scored. He had 2 steps on the defender when Chad let that ball go.

Agreed. But if Miami wasn't so inept on offense themselves we'd have dug ourselves into another hole like vs Jax & NE.

3-3 is good for our schedule and our team.

We lost to Colts, Pats, Jags who are a combined 12-3 right now. These are not push over teams.

Now, can we win the ones that we "could win" being the Lions and Browns. If we can do that, Mangini gets mad props.

BZ

3-3 is good for our schedule and our team.

We lost to Colts, Pats, Jags who are a combined 12-3 right now. These are not push over teams.

Now, can we win the ones that we "could win" being the Lions and Browns. If we can do that, Mangini gets mad props.

BZ

agree, u cant really have expected more,,

and in pats and colts games, jets were in it in the 4th quarter

It always scares me when we agree.

BZ

we have been on same page since Herm left actually,,

i admire your true green fervor, its just a personal thing with me and Herm,,

seriously from day one when i found out he wasnt ever a coordinator and bradway passed over marvin lewis and john fox i had a bug up my butt over Herm,,

but its all BZ and SJ from here on ;)

we have been on same page since Herm left actually,,

i admire your true green fervor, its just a personal thing with me and Herm,,

seriously from day one when i found out he wasnt ever a coordinator and bradway passed over marvin lewis and john fox i had a bug up my butt over Herm,,

but its all BZ and SJ from here on ;)

hail to mangini for reuniting a splintered posting contingent here at the nation. He gets the credit for a positive thinking fanbase

If McCareins didn't fall like a spazz he would have easily scored. He had 2 steps on the defender when Chad let that ball go.

This is BS, McCareins was tripped. It was incidental, not a penalty, but I have not seen one person on here refer to it as anything other than McCareins fell. IF it were Coles or Cotchery or one the board pets you'd be ranting about the tripping and never claim he fell or was a spaz.

This is BS, McCareins was tripped. It was incidental, not a penalty, but I have not seen one person on here refer to it as anything other than McCareins fell. IF it were Coles or Cotchery or one the board pets you'd be ranting about the tripping and never claim he fell or was a spaz.

Max used to get pissed off at the same thing like he was a champion crusading for spaz rights. Day in, day out, walks around like his shoelaces are tied together - "Hey, you tripped me."

What a spaz.

Max used to get pissed off at the same thing like he was a champion crusading for spaz rights. Day in, day out, walks around like his shoelaces are tied together - "Hey, you tripped me."

What a spaz.

Don't worry, I won't tell Max you've been walking behind him and tripping him for the last 2 years.

PS: I'd give you my address to come and {ut me out of my misery, but it's a six hour flight and my wife won't reimburse you. She'll make a hell of a dinner though.

beleive me,, penny is not in manginis lost term plans..thats a given

I don't know if it's a given. I think it depends on how well Pennington performs ,if he can stay injury free, and the ensuing contract implications. Chances are you're right, and Clemens will be given an oppurtunity to show he can be an effective starter. Thats where I think the set back will take place...the growing pains of a young quarterback.

I don't know if it's a given. I think it depends on how well Pennington performs ,if he can stay injury free, and the ensuing contract implications. Chances are you're right, and Clemens will be given an oppurtunity to show he can be an effective starter. Thats where I think the set back will take place...the growing pains of a young quarterback.

agree,, BUT,, I think the plan is too insert Clemens when Jet selimintaed from playoff race THIS YEAR,,

If we go 5-7 or something to that tune I think Eric puts Clemens in and lets him get his knocks during rest of 2006 season,,

agree,, BUT,, I think the plan is too insert Clemens when Jet selimintaed from playoff race THIS YEAR,,

If we go 5-7 or something to that tune I think Eric puts Clemens in and lets him get his knocks during rest of 2006 season,,

I really don't think so SJ-I think Chad has changed Mangini's mind with his play so far with his work ethic, between TC (grasping the system) and regular season. I think NEXT year it may be the case but right now Chad Pennington is playing really well considering what he has to work with AND rising to the challenge

I really don't think so SJ-I think Chad has changed Mangini's mind with his play so far with his work ethic, between TC (grasping the system) and regular season. I think NEXT year it may be the case but right now Chad Pennington is playing really well considering what he has to work with AND rising to the challenge

maybe , but I dont see it.

Mangini is looking at the big picture, long-term.

I dont think he wants to invest much more in Jets of 2 to 4 years from now through Chad. I think he will cut bait and insert Clemens IF Jets eliminated from Playoffs this year..

Just my opinion though

maybe , but I dont see it.

Mangini is looking at the big picture, long-term.

I dont think he wants to invest much more in Jets of 2 to 4 years from now through Chad. I think he will cut bait and insert Clemens IF Jets eliminated from Playoffs this year..

Just my opinion though

You may be right , but unless Chad gets hurt I think that is a bad idea. Mangini better hope that Clemens is what he hopes he is, if not it will be a big step backwards for this team

i'll get bashed for my chad homerism here but maybe, just maybe mangini thinks chad has the smarts & leadership skills to carry this team a long way with a decent offseason reshuffle. Maybe he thinks chad could actually improve a lot with a good offseason of strength training & just being able to spend an offseason without his arm in a sling could show massive improvement by next september

i'll get bashed for my chad homerism here but maybe, just maybe mangini thinks chad has the smarts & leadership skills to carry this team a long way with a decent offseason reshuffle. Maybe he thinks chad could actually improve a lot with a good offseason of strength training & just being able to spend an offseason without his arm in a sling could show massive improvement by next september

I seriously doubt that.

Wow, someone who actually has the right idea.

Chad's a good QB I don't care what stats Tex tries to spin otherwise.He might not BE the best but he's OUR quarterback.I think the reason a lot of us refuse to give up on the guy is because he came up just as a lot of us were coming online on the Jets boards.

This weeks' game will only be his 44th career start-there is still room to grow.So far, I like what I'm seeing this year...when we drafted him I remember Marshall fans coming to the old Rivals board telling us what a special player we just drafted,and how you always had a shot to win with him at the helm.Those guys were right and until he proves otherwise this Jets fan will root for him and support him-regardless of what the anti-Chad guys have to say.

Archived