I just read a short Bryan Thomas article in the Star Ledger

and after one good game against Miami they're making him out to be a good player in the 3-4 defense and that he's heading towards a pretty good pay day at the end of the season.

Really now? 11 tackles against Miami, yeah, but only 31 for the season meaning 20 in the first 5 games. He also has only 1 sack and is playing the position of the rushing OLB ala DeMarcus Ware & Shawne Merriman. If anything, Thomas should be moved to where Victor Hobson is but in my opinion Hobson is having the better year of the two.

My question is, do you think Thomas is re-signed and sticks around as a starter in the 3-4 defense here?

yes - Bryan Thomas is in fact a good player

AGREED! So many guys love dumping on him. They NEVER mention the tremendous amout of pressures he gets. He has no big widebody in front of him and has to fight off bigger men most times and still makes plays. He, like everyone else is reading and not reacting in the new system. But guys only want to single him out! Taht is plain wrong!

Bryan Thomas isn't very good. Sometimes he's okay. Most times...not very good. Re-sign him? um okay, if he's cheap. Otherwise draft or buy somebody who can rush the passer. B.T. don't sack. He's a younger version of Bobby Hamilton, but without the motor.

B.T.........6.5 sacks in 68 games played

B.H.........19 sacks in 154 games played

B.T....1 sack per 10 games played

B.H....1 sack per 8 games played

Thomas is not the answer as a backer or end. He's not a bust either. He's just uh.....a Hamilton.

It depends if Curtis can play next year Leon Washington will become expandable. They might want to use his talents and have him replace BT. Granted Leon is a little stronger at this point but they will work something out.

I think Thomas is a decent player. I think he is trying real hard to make a name for himself, but my only issue with him is he doesn't have a mean streak in him. When has he ever hit someone hard? Yes he may improve his understanding of the defense and his role, but he never seems to play hard. All good defensive players have a mean streak in them. They want to rip the head off the player with the ball. I just don't see it from Thomas. With that, he will never make a game-changing play the Jets need.

Archived