before we put pennyboy out to pasture

joewilly

lets not forget he has a new frontline & a whole new scheme to adjust to.

from what i've seen of this new offense, it looks amazingly intricate & difficult. while he may not have the strongest arm out there, chad has run this team like a well oiled machine. He's done so well with it tx can only bash his arm & not his overall performance cause he's pretty much played mistake free & has made those around him better.

some credit has to go his way for how well he's performed in the no huddle situations. he even had peyton nodding his head in approval

sorry to interrupt the chadbashing guys..carry on

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lets not forget he has a new frontline & a whole new scheme to adjust to.

from what i've seen of this new offense, it looks amazingly intricate & difficult. while he may not have the strongest arm out there, chad has run this team like a well oiled machine. He's done so well with it tx can only bash his arm & not his overall performance cause he's pretty much played mistake free & has made those around him better.

some credit has to go his way for how well he's performed in the no huddle situations. he even had peyton nodding his head in approval

sorry to interrupt the chadbashing guys..carry on

Two things that are very noticeable this year:

1). Shorter drops and quicker releases.

2). The no huddle offense allowing PennyBoy to call the plays at the LOS.

Mangini and Shotty deserve a lot of credit here by maximizing PennyBoy's strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. And the above two are perfect examples.

Mangini and Shotty deserve a lot of credit here by maximizing PennyBoy's strengths and minimizing his weaknesses. And the above two are perfect examples.

good points. I'll be interested to see what takes place sunday. Miami came very close to jumping all over even the short routes with major turnovers. they did a good job of disrupting the short dink & dunk game. as the oline gets better, the jets gotta open things up more or they're gonna face 10 guys in the box

they are good points too bad the coaching staff he had before was unable to utilize his brains and football sense.perfect example was Hackett and the way he used Vinny-you gotta be able to adapt on the fly-something Bill Belichick has made a living off of.Credit to you for giving Brian Schott the props you have Tex

good points. I'll be interested to see what takes place sunday. Miami came very close to jumping all over even the short routes with major turnovers. they did a good job of disrupting the short dink & dunk game. as the oline gets better, the jets gotta open things up more or they're gonna face 10 guys in the box

Sounds like an opportunity to take a few shots downfield to me. Let'em stack up on the slant - Coles showed what can happen if you do that last weekend.

After Heimerdinger's offense, its nice to have an OC and HC who actually seem interested in building their system around their players strengths...

Can't say the same about our Defense though...

maybe we should ask donnie h to stay in ny when he comes sunday ;)

You gotta be a racehorse before you can be put out to pasture

Chad will never be a racehorse, a class guy, a family guy... but will always be a mudder

Give him the ravens 2001 D and yes he can take you to the promise land!

Otherwise he is just occupying time and space.

You gotta be a racehorse before you can be put out to pasture

Chad will never be a racehorse, a class guy, a family guy... but will always be a mudder

Give him the ravens 2001 D and yes he can take you to the promise land!

Otherwise he is just occupying time and space.

fair enough assessment afo........ has chad really been afforded the oppurtunity to even throw the ball downfield. It's not like i've seen any real airballs or ducks thrown by him. maybe with the oline improving, he'll actually get a chance to air it out once in a while

You must have a count you keep.

As soon as I really believe that you cannot post an interesting or unbiased comment, you do.

BZ

After Heimerdinger's offense, its nice to have an OC and HC who actually seem interested in building their system around their players strengths...

Can't say the same about our Defense though...

Second that.

Hey! The OC has a good excuse- the OL is comprised of two rooks, an aging, injured guard and two JAGs. How can he make adjustments?

Oh wait, the DC already has the weak line excuse.

fair enough assessment afo........ has chad really been afforded the oppurtunity to even throw the ball downfield. It's not like i've seen any real airballs or ducks thrown by him. maybe with the oline improving, he'll actually get a chance to air it out once in a while

IMO he has lost some confidence, The OL hasn't been that bad

Simms had a great comment on TV, Chad told him he noticed a flaw in his throwing motion that he has since corrected.

Simms then told the audience that he has not noticed any change in his motion and the velocity is still the same.

I guess you cannot make a racehorse with a Mr Ed body.

It's not like i've seen any real airballs or ducks thrown by him.

What about last Sunday against the Phins?

Coles had the CB beat (yet again) by 3 steps but instead of putting velocity on his throw, PennyBoy hung one up in the air and the ball drifted out of bounds before Coles could make the reception.

You just have to make that completion in the NFL.

What about last Sunday against the Phins?

Coles had the CB beat (yet again) by 3 steps but instead of putting velocity on his throw, PennyBoy hung one up in the air and the ball drifted out of bounds before Coles could make the reception.

You just have to make that completion in the NFL.

and that throw on the run chad had to coles that also went out of bounds but then again he made a great throw to LC on the second TD

Coles reportedly had to go up to Schotty and plead for him to call a downfield play on Sunday before the two connections with Pennington.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/15768959.htm

What he said in the interview was that he went to the sidelines and told them to throw down field since the DBs were biting at the line.

He was right.

He scored 2 TDs. ;)

BZ

IMO he has lost some confidence, The OL hasn't been that bad

Simms had a great comment on TV, Chad told him he noticed a flaw in his throwing motion that he has since corrected.

Simms then told the audience that he has not noticed any change in his motion and the velocity is still the same.

I guess you cannot make a racehorse with a Mr Ed body.

This is what I found so disturbing. I mean we've heard at length about Chad correcting his throwing motion. Of all the things we Hackett-bashers said about him, we at least granted him that he was probably a top-notch QB coach. And then we see that only after he is gone that a flaw in Chad's throwing motion is noticed. These two spent so much time together over Hackett's four years here, and Chad was so defensive of PH's knowledge & what a QB guru he was, you'd think they were dating.

So it seems that the one thing I allowed that he was probably very good at wasn't even so.

Chad is a very good QB. There are not many QB's in the league I would rather have. The tightest and toughest place to throw in the field is in the redzone and chad has 48TD's and only 1 Int in his CAREER in the red zone. He is playing with subpar weapons on offense and a rebuilding OL. I can see where fans can jump on certain players on the team - but give it a rest already.

Chad is a very good QB. There are not many QB's in the league I would rather have. The tightest and toughest place to throw in the field is in the redzone and chad has 48TD's and only 1 Int in his CAREER in the red zone. He is playing with subpar weapons on offense and a rebuilding OL. I can see where fans can jump on certain players on the team - but give it a rest already.

He has had about 10 opponents drop easy Interceptions in redzone, this stat means squat.

Just like the easy INT the Phin dropped that was a sure TD for MIA, this was not in redzone but you get the point.

It is not only his arm that is the problem, it has been his reads lately. When he beats a good team with a stellar D call me.

I'd like to be the 2nd person to receive that phone call.

I certainly won't would my breath waiting for it however.;)

RING!! RING!!

TX: Hello?

BZ: Hey TX, thought I would catch you up on the NFL.

TX: Ok.

BZ: Yeah, did you see Chad beat the Miami Defense this last week? Yeah, they are ranked 4th in total defense. Just thought I would give you a call.

TX:

BZ: Not much to say?

TX:

BZ: Ok, well, enjoy your week.

BZ

BZ- Phins D blows!!!!!!!!

Also How many Yds did Penne have a 1/2 time?

I believe it was under 50 yds or around there

I know your "Phins D blows" might feel like truth or fact, but it is neither.

They are ranked as the 4 in total defense by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Just like we are ranked 30th.

BZ

POTW NOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P

RING!! RING!!

BZ: Yeah, did you see Chad beat the Miami Defense this last week? Yeah, they are ranked 4th in total defense. Just thought I would give you a call.

TX:

TX:

BZ

BZ- If you think that beating a 1-5 team is the cat's meow ....

Try to stay on topic.

You said Chad can't beat a top defense.

I showed you that he just did.

You moved on.

You can now change your argument and say "Chad doesn't always beat top defenses" which I would agree with.

BZ

Pennington isn't going anywhere as long as he stays healthy and as Tx said earlier in the thread, Mangini & Shott have maximized his strengths and limited his weaknesses. As long as Chad is healthy and on the field he's going to be the starting quarterback here until his contract runs up in what? 09? 10?

WTF are you talking about?

I have no agenda with this team

Mangini is doing a great job with very little talent

Penne's talent is limited, mangini is not ready to throw a rook QB into fire, I expect Clemmons to be starting next year

Jets win 3 more games and they will have met my 2006 expectations, if we still had hermie, we'd be fighting the raida's for #1 pick

RING!! RING!!

TX:

TX:

BZ

:) POTW nomination!!!

:-s

I know your "Phins D blows" might feel like truth or fact, but it is neither.

They are ranked as the 4 in total defense by the NFL.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-TOTAL/2006/regular?sort_col_1=4

Just like we are ranked 30th.

BZ

17th, 29th, 25th, 30th, 10th and 22nd.

Those are the rankings of the offenses the Phins have faced. Still want to stand by the "Chad finally beat a strong defense" claim?

:-s

17th, 29th, 25th, 30th, 10th and 22nd.

Those are the rankings of the offenses the Phins have faced. Still want to stand by the "Chad finally beat a strong defense" claim?

to be completely fair(from both sides of the arguement)--#1: miami has had an above average defense the last few years, so its not like its a long shot they could have a decent D. However, the truth is the truth, they havent played many good offenses yet. PFSIKH i think youre the guy big on stats that waits til the end of the year right? well this is the perfect situation. Lets see how miami's D looks at the end of the year before we say they were a good or bad defense.

Archived