Do you want our 2 resident patsy trolls to leave?

madmike1

Should they leave?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should they leave?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, I could see you've done some scientific studies to prove this ;) .

Actually, I'm not trying to pick an argument with you Alk, or pointing the finger at anyone in particular. Rather I'm just pointing out an observation of mine. I post at all the Jets boards and many of the rival boards and I've just noticed many threads on this board get dragged down by obvious trolling. Now on most boards that is against the stated rules, on this board it isn't so if I want to stay I just deal with it....

There were plenty of threads on those other boards where people with a somewhat dim view of the Jets, particularly under Herm, who were clearly engaged in reasonable opinion and debate ended up banned as trolls.

Do you really think a moderator on an internet message board has the kind of sophistication, intelligence, world view, knowledge and nuance to make a reasonable judgment call on banning someone? The best way to deal with Trolls and other people who annoy you is to personally attack them, get them to meet you on neutral turf and have enough of your friends with you to give them a good thrashing.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To all of you whiners out there who can't take an opposing viewpoint, friendly crap talking or want some vanilla board where we all say how great the Jets are regardless of the lack of a Super Bowl or hell for that matter, AFC Title since 1968, I encourage you to use the ignore feature and quit this monthly whining and ise the IGNORE feature.

Until then this horse is as dead as disco.

To all of you whiners out there who can't take an opposing viewpoint, friendly crap talking or want some vanilla board where we all say how great the Jets are regardless of the lack of a Super Bowl or hell for that matter, AFC Title since 1968, I encourage you to use the ignore feature and quit this monthly whining and ise the IGNORE feature.

Dude, this friggn' thread is all about me.

We really don't need your opinion in "my" thread.

There were plenty of threads on those other boards where people with a somewhat dim view of the Jets, particularly under Herm, who were clearly engaged in reasonable opinion and debate ended up banned as trolls.

Do you really think a moderator on an internet message board has the kind of sophistication, intelligence, world view, knowledge and nuance to make a reasonable judgment call on banning someone? The best way to deal with Trolls and other people who annoy you is to personally attack them, get them to meet you on neutral turf and have enough of your friends with you to give them a good thrashing.

faba has all those traits you describe. he can't spot a quality poster to save his ass but he fits the bill.

crap when did disco die? I still got loads of polyester hangin in my closet.

You forgot to mention the one division title Chief. ;-)

Yeah some days he is completely full of crap- other days, just mostly full of it.

:)

Being a troll AND a post whore is a bad combo.

When I get tired and bored of reading his vomit, I hit Ignore.

(btw 40% wanting trolls gone is not insignificant, regardless of what the troll boosters say)

Archived