14 rec for 107 yards 1 TD

Leon Washington: 71 carries for 346 yards___4.9 ypc---2TDS___Long of 23 yds

5 rec for 76 yards

Reggie Bush: 65 carries for 196 yards___3.0 ypc---0TDS___Long of 18 yds

38 rec for 285 yards

DeAngelo Williams: 26 carries for 139 yards___5.3 ypc---1TD___Long of 31

7 rec for 41 yards

Can you pick out the 4th round pick?

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit on Leon. He's a nice looking RB so far, but his success has been against some pretty horrible teams. I'm not saying he's no good, but let's just see how the season plays out before we shrine the kid and declare him the starter for next year.

Leon is rocking and rolling right now. However, I still think we need a big back to compliment him. How many yards does Maroney have against teams with losing records. The pats have played almost the same w-l record teams that we have with the exception of the broncos and they got it handed to them when they did play. I think there was another decent team that the pats beat but other then that. They have played the same calibur teams we have. If you don't beat teams you are suppossed to beat then you aren't a good team. Leon is going to be a good running back but a liability when he stays into block or goes to the middle.

How about Barlow? The guy is pretty good in short yardage situations, you've got to give him that.

barlow looked good in every situation sunday but I can't wait fot the cedric houston/ leon washington punch. These kids believe, are motivated & hungry. The pats are gonna be the 1st ones to get a taste of em & I can't wait

Ummmmm, you are aware the Pats have the #3 ranked rushing defense in the AFC only giving up 83 yards a game on the ground?

The Jets two nobodies won't do a thing against the Pats.

again with the stats!!!!!!!!!!!!! you're like chekov & the shields.....

maybe we'll need 150 + on the ground to beat you guys but our 2 guys will most likely get it on the 12th.

i'm more worried about slowing down you're running game though. that is a mean combo.

Laurence Maroney: 86 carries for 361 yards___4.2 ypc---3TDS___Long of 41 yd

7 rec. for 77 yards

Joseph Addai: 70 carries for 354 yards___5.1 ypc---1 TD___long of 21yds

14 rec for 107 yards 1 TD

Leon Washington: 71 carries for 346 yards___4.9 ypc---2TDS___Long of 23 yds

5 rec for 76 yards

Reggie Bush: 65 carries for 196 yards___3.0 ypc---0TDS___Long of 18 yds

38 rec for 285 yards

DeAngelo Williams: 26 carries for 139 yards___5.3 ypc---1TD___Long of 31

7 rec for 41 yards

Can you pick out the 4th round pick?

Tom Brady - 2 Super Bowl MVP's

Chad Pennington - 0 Super Bowl appearances

Can you pick out the 6th round pick? ;)

:box:

Just curious, have any of the 1st round RB's rushed for 101 yards in garbage time of a 41-0 blowout game?

In your estimation, this is less impressive than Maroney's "non-garbage-time" performances against Denver & Miami?

Denver 12-18-0

Miami 18-38-0

Buffalo 8-29-0 (14 of which came on the last drive with 3 min left in "garbage time")

This isn't a knock on Maroney - I think he's going to be VERY good. But to knock a guy b/c he got 100 yds in the only two games where he was afforded the opportunity to do so is silliness. Even from you.

In your estimation, this is less impressive than Maroney's "non-garbage-time" performances against Denver & Miami?

Denver 12-18-0

Miami 18-38-0

Buffalo 8-29-0 (14 of which came on the last drive with 3 min left in "garbage time")

This isn't a knock on Maroney - I think he's going to be VERY good. But to knock a guy b/c he got 100 yds in the only two games where he was afforded the opportunity to do so is silliness. Even from you.

After all these years, you have to ask me a question like that?:eek:

For the record, Washington has looked really good so far.

100 yards is 100 yards, no matter how or when you get them.;)

I hope that helps.

I think Leon Washington is doing everything asked of him by the team-I mean what more can a fan ask for? Maroney is gonna be a good one for a long time and I believe he'll be able to handle the load himself when Dillon is done.They are two completely different kinds of backs and I like what we have in this kid-I really do.

I love Leon but I want to see him do it against a good run defense. This week is Cleveland, they're 29th in the league so doing it again this week although would be impressive for 2 straight 100+ yard games, won't be so outstanding. 80-90 yards on New England or Chicago is a hell of a lot more impressive to me then 120-130 on Detroit & Cleveland. But, I really do like Leon and think he can be the future Running Back for this franchise but I also believe that he's going to need a bruiser at the same time...he can't be the only back back there so having him paired with Barlow and or Houston is definitely a good thing (and a need).

And that is relavent to this thread how????????

:wtf:

well, double deuce, it is relevant because GM and I go way back and kid each other about stuff like that. He was (rightfully) bragging about the success of his 4th round RB and I was doing the same with our 6th round QB.

:P

What is this obsession with having one RB do it all? Is it just fantasy football? The NFL hasn't seen a true 3-down back, who also stays in for short-yardage/goal-line, win a superbowl ring since the 90's.

Parker came out on short yardage/goal-line;

Dillon came out on 3rd down passing plays;

A.Smith & K.Faulk need no explanation;

Pittman yielded to Alstott on short yardage;

Jamal Lewis came out on 3rd down passing plays for Priest.

I just don't see the obsession. It doesn't hurt any, I suppose, but tell me how it directly leads to superbowl victories.

It's a long season. Let a fresh pair of legs come in for special situations.

Ummmmm, you are aware the Pats have the #3 ranked rushing defense in the AFC only giving up 83 yards a game on the ground?

The Jets two nobodies won't do a thing against the Pats.

Tx --

You might not realize this but Mangini is undefeated as a head coach when he has 2 weeks to prepare.

Tom Brady - 2 Super Bowl MVP's

Chad Pennington - 0 Super Bowl appearances

Can you pick out the 6th round pick? ;)

:box:

You Bastard....

Although if you were a true jerk you would have posted Nugent vs. Grabasski:p :Cuss:

Archived