Patriots | Team to install FieldTurf for Week 12 game

FoxJet

I thought they can't install it in mid-season. It's good that they're going to, though. That field is a disgrace.

I thought so, too.

That field is a disgrace, it's becoming of a second class organization- oh, wait.

I thought there were some patsy trolls here telling us a couple of weeks ago how it was an advantage to the home team to play on that field.

Home record: 2-3

How's that field working out?

I thought they can't install it in mid-season. It's good that they're going to, though. That field is a disgrace.

It is a disgrace. They replaced the field in between the hash marks before the Colts game. During the game big chunks of turf were flying all over the place.

The condition of the field on Sunday was terrible.

As much as I liked the grass field this was the only logical move they could make. Most of the players say they love playing on Field Turf so who am I to complain?

Actually this is a little more interesting than it seemed at first. Yes the field is awful but the old Patriots used to use that to their advantage. Better coaching, better at taking care of the ball, a smashmouth team on both sides of the ball and confidence that everyone involved could adapt to in game conditions better than the opposition. Take that Peyton Manning. Now they took a bit of a beating on a rainy day this past weekend but I can only assume that their feeling of the home field advantage did not just disappear off one game.

It must be that the league is finally forcing the Patriots to do something that they wouldn't otherwise want to do.

Kewl.

Actually this is a little more interesting than it seemed at first. Yes the field is awful but the old Patriots used to use that to their advantage. Better coaching, better at taking care of the ball, a smashmouth team on both sides of the ball and confidence that everyone involved could adapt to in game conditions better than the opposition. Take that Peyton Manning. Now they took a bit of a beating on a rainy day this past weekend but I can only assume that their feeling of the home field advantage did not just disappear off one game.

It must be that the league is finally forcing the Patriots to do something that they wouldn't otherwise want to do.

Kewl.

Maybe, but this year has been different with the field. Usually it starts off in great shape and then slowly goes to crap as the season progresses.

This year it started off in bad shape and got real bad in a hurry.

Field Turf was the only viable option at this point.

WTF do they care? The Colts aren't going back there. It's not like the Pats will have a home game in the playoffs.

Are you saying that we will win the division? Don't you know the Patriots are high and mighty and beat us every... oh wait?;)

Hell no you won't! And.. at least in 07 I don't have to walk up 767 ramps.:yahoo:

Then again that means I won't be sitting in Section 124 in the Meadowlands.

You are right about the ramps: I don't need to use them. You walk down to my seats!

Then again that means I won't be sitting in Section 124 in the Meadowlands.

You are right about the ramps: I don't need to use them. You walk down to my seats!

Same for 124 after going up this thing called an ESCALATOR.

Don't you feel like a king when you walk DOWN to your seats?;)

This site is a troll's delight.

Everywhere I look there are troll posts.

Are the Patsies fans trying to ruin this site?

If you want a Jets lovefest I would suggest you head over to tgg or jetsinsider.

I don't mean to be a prick but everytime someone new joins they post something like you did.

Join the discussions and put those green coloured glasses away.

Believe it or not most of us get along.

If you want a Jets lovefest I would suggest you head over to tgg or jetsinsider.

I don't mean to be a prick but everytime someone new joins they post something like you did.

Join the discussions and put those green coloured glasses away.

Believe it or not most of us get along.

Actually I'd expect a Jets lovefest at a Jets site. Sorry.

Let me clarify that a little. I don't expect all posters to be pro-Jets on every issue. I want to see some miserable Jets fans, too. But seeing Patriots posters all over the board is not my cup of tea. I have read enough posts here and talked to some people and there does seem to be many who agree with my sentiments.

Seriously, are there any good Patriots boards out there for you guys?

Actually I'd expect a Jets lovefest at a Jets site. Sorry.

Let me clarify that a little. I don't expect all posters to be pro-Jets on every issue. I want to see some miserable Jets fans, too. But seeing Patriots posters all over the board is not my cup of tea. I have read enough posts here and talked to some people and there does seem to be many who agree with my sentiments.

Seriously, are there any good Patriots boards out there for you guys?

There is patsfans.com and patriotsplanet.com.

patsfans is like ji. All homers.

patriotsplanet is pretty good but way to many off-topic posts.

Mento: Stick around. There are plenty of good Jets fans here and I'm sure you will fit right in.

Why don't you talk football instead of complaining about the "trolls?"

My fellow Pats fans have been here since Day 1. Smizzy posted an excellent thread the other day about why we are here.

FYI: If you want to talk Jets go to the Chat Room.

There is patsfans.com and patriotsplanet.com.

patsfans is like ji. All homers.

patriotsplanet is pretty good but way to many off-topic posts.

Mento: Stick around. There are plenty of good Jets fans here and I'm sure you will fit right in.

Why don't you talk football instead of complaining about the "trolls?"

My fellow Pats fans have been here since Day 1. Smizzy posted an excellent thread the other day about why we are here.

FYI: If you want to talk Jets go to the Chat Room.

I will stick around but I probably will not be a tremendously prolific poster.

I have noticed you are not as "trolly" as a couple other Patriots fans. A couple of them are really bad.

I will stick around but I probably will not be a tremendously prolific poster.

I have noticed you are not as "trolly" as a couple other Patriots fans. A couple of them are really bad.

Correct. I'm not a "troll" I like to talk football and have met many good people here.

This isn't life or death. It's an internet forum. It is what it is.

Archived