A football marriage made in heaven

The Gun Of Bavaria

Here's something to picture as you look ahead to the offseason: Michael Vick in a Raiders jersey.

A lot, namely a trade and a lot of salary cap details, will have to happen in the meantime. But this one makes perfect sense, and it may be just what the Raiders need to revive a franchise that's faltering. The Falcons, who have given Vick every possible chance, will be willing to part with their quarterback. Despite his outrageous talent, he hasn't produced on any sort of consistent level and tensions are at an all-time high in the Falcons organization. The crescendo may have come Sunday when Vick made an obscene gesture at Atlanta fans who ridiculed him as he walked off the field. The Falcons gladly would take draft picks for Vick, who clearly needs a fresh start. And what better place for Vick than Oakland, where many a renegade has prospered? Picture Vick throwing to Randy Moss. Picture Al Davis smiling again. Even on his bad days, Vick would fit in Oakland.

Why would they need Vick? They have a better passer that's fairly erratic and similar in Brooks. Vick would actually be a downgrade. I wouldn't trade draft picks if I was the Raiders, I'd actually expect the Falcons to give me draft picks to take that obscene salary off their hands.

I agree Guns it would be a perfect fit and I think the Falcons and Jim Mora Jr (who I like) would be better off with Matt Schaub (learning the ropes) at QB.Vick never seems to get better-I just don't like his kind of QB and maybe there's a reason that they haven't done as well-percentage-wise as straight drop back quarterbacks.

...Vick never seems to get better.
It appears to me that has to do with his attitude and not his inherent talent. He doesn't allow himself to BE coached where he's weak. I'm getting very down on him because of it, that kid glove business. He's flushing his talent down the toilet because of it, and will never live up to his potential. I blame his entourage of coddlers and enablers. Meh, who really cares. I lose patience.

Atlanta would be wise to bench Vick and play Schaub in the final 5 games to see if he is what everyone thinks he can be after he had 1 good game a few years back. That way in the offseason maybe they could pursue a trade of Vick to like you mentioned Oakland or perhaps somewhere else. Schaub will be a free-agent at the end of the season so they need to find out who they want to go with in the long term. It's been 6 years for Vick and still he has produced nothing except for 1 NFC South title and one trip to the NFC Championship Game where they got absolutely hammered.

Atlanta would be wise to bench Vick and play Schaub in the final 5 games to see if he is what everyone thinks he can be after he had 1 good game a few years back. That way in the offseason maybe they could pursue a trade of Vick to like you mentioned Oakland or perhaps somewhere else. Schaub will be a free-agent at the end of the season so they need to find out who they want to go with in the long term. It's been 6 years for Vick and still he has produced nothing except for 1 NFC South title and one trip to the NFC Championship Game where they got absolutely hammered.

Arthur Blank won't let that happen. Hell I'm beginning to think that Vick will stay and Mora Jr. will be the victim.

You know who they need? Mouse Davis and the Run N Shoot offense for this guy. He's not a WCO QB nor remotely close to any other staying in the pocket offense. Bring in the Glanville, Mouse Davis Run N Shoot, play to his abilities and see what the kid does.

I liked what I heard on ESPN last night.

Get WR's who can hang onto the ball and along with Alge Crumper go 5 wide most of the time and let Vick run or air it out to receivers who can catch. I know that's sort of a crazy kind of idea, but I like it.

Archived